+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys, the recent update we got was medical passed as of October 12 and we haven't got any updates since then. We're still waiting for AOR2, Pre-A, DM, and PPR. We're not even sure if our application was really forwarded to the Visa Office. Is there any way to contact IRCC from outside Canada? Thank you. Congratulations for those who got their PPRs already :)
Did you get sonsor approval? It says on that letter where the application was forwarded.

Corbybravo

Aug 12, 2021
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
06-21-2021
AOR Received.
08-19-2021
File Transfer...
20-09-2021
Med's Request
20-09-2021
Med's Done....
04-10-2021
Passport Req..
05-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2022
Have you tried using the app called TextNow? You can call IRCC using that app. However, I'm not sure if you can actually speak to an agent right now because they prioritise Afghan refugees and other urgent cases.
In my case, we just got an email that the application will be sent to London VO but we haven't yet received AOR2 or anything that says our application is in London right now.
haven't tried that one. I'll check on it thank you. Mine was forwarded to Manila Visa Office but when I emailed them they said that they haven't received my application.

Corbybravo

Aug 12, 2021
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
06-21-2021
AOR Received.
08-19-2021
File Transfer...
20-09-2021
Med's Request
20-09-2021
Med's Done....
04-10-2021
Passport Req..
05-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2022
Did you get sonsor approval? It says on that letter where the application was forwarded.
yes, it states that it will be forwarded to Manila Visa Office but when I emailed them they that they haven't received my application. Quite frustrating it's more than a month since i received the sponsor approval

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
yes, it states that it will be forwarded to Manila Visa Office but when I emailed them they that they haven't received my application. Quite frustrating it's more than a month since i received the sponsor approval
Just gotta wait it out bud. My wife passed her medical exam in August, around the same time I got my SA. Last letter we got said our file was being transferred to the Warsaw office. This was in August, and no news since.

Not much we can do right now except wait it out. This is the long haul part of the process. Buckle up for the ride and be patient. It's all you can do.

Corbybravo

Aug 12, 2021
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
06-21-2021
AOR Received.
08-19-2021
File Transfer...
20-09-2021
Med's Request
20-09-2021
Med's Done....
04-10-2021
Passport Req..
05-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2022
Just gotta wait it out bud. My wife passed her medical exam in August, around the same time I got my SA. Last letter we got said our file was being transferred to the Warsaw office. This was in August, and no news since.

Not much we can do right now except wait it out. This is the long haul part of the process. Buckle up for the ride and be patient. It's all you can do.
Thank you. Yeah Goodluck with our application. Will keep you posted :)

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Just one question guys, i am currently out of Canada and will be oit for couple more months. If i provide my Canadian address along with my email id, would i receive the mailed document in my email? Like acknowledgement letter or any more documents they need...or i have to rely on hard copy sent to my Canadian address? I do not have access to my mail at this moment. Would i receive a soft copy to my email?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just one question guys, i am currently out of Canada and will be oit for couple more months. If i provide my Canadian address along with my email id, would i receive the mailed document in my email? Like acknowledgement letter or any more documents they need...or i have to rely on hard copy sent to my Canadian address? I do not have access to my mail at this moment. Would i receive a soft copy to my email?
Generally if you provide email contacts for sponsor and principal applicant, they will send to email.

The one significant exception in spousal apps has been if apps are returned as incomplete, and recently they have started doing this by email as well (but can't tell if this is now standard procedure or not).

In practical terms - we did our entire process with not one single physical mail sent until the PR cards in Canada. (There were passports submitted and returned by courier abroad of course)

Canada429

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
apps are returned as incomplete, and recently they have started doing this by email as well (but can't tell if this is now standard procedure or not).

In practical terms - we did our entire process with not one single physical mail sent until the PR cards in Canada. (There were passports submitted and returned by courier abroad of course)
I am just worried that what if my application is returned for any missing info then it would be returned to Canadian address. Is it ok to provide out of Canada mailing address for communication?

If anyone can answer the following. @armoured i already have asked this to you.

One more question, i have my marriage certificate and my wife's PCC in English. However, the stamp on them are not in English, do i need to get this translated ot it is ok since the required information is in English.

For the translated document, do i need send photocopies of original documents or just the translated documents are sufficient.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am just worried that what if my application is returned for any missing info then it would be returned to Canadian address. Is it ok to provide out of Canada mailing address for communication?
You can, but I think most find likelihood of something getting lost if posted abroad is higher. You can provide a mailing address in Canada of someone who will notify you (that's what a mailing address is for).

For the translated document, do i need send photocopies of original documents or just the translated documents are sufficient.
Seriously, read the instructions. In most cases you'll need a certified translation plus notarized original. Specifics can vary by country.

sasan85

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all,

My spouse just received her medical request and Pre-arrival letter on Oct 29.

Here is my timeline:
Application received: 2021-06-09
AOR1: 2021-08-12
SA: 2021-08-19
MR: 2021-10-29
Pre-arrival: 2021-10-29
VO: London

I noticed there were several Pre-arrivals and DM in the past two weeks for May and June applicants especially. Hope speedy process for those still waiting.

Last edited:

Jojosa

Aug 25, 2021
AOR Received.
05-11-2021
Hello folks – I have a confusing email from IIRC, I’m going to follow up over the phone but perhaps you guys can help.

I submitted an inquiry form to share the news that we bought a house in Canada (longer story), and emphasize that we are ready to go (and subtly hint “please help us help you not delay our application…”)

Part of the response includes:

We have also verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the principal applicant.

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. For this reason, we cannot take action on your request since this file contains personal information about another person.

In order to respond to your inquiry, the principal applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.
I’m the sponsor. Am I not automatically allowed to access the application information? Did everyone here fill the representative form to be sponsor AND representative? Perhaps the agent made a mistake?

I mean, I am not asking for my wife's criminal record, just wanting to know if they need anything regarding application.

Thanks for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I’m the sponsor. Am I not automatically allowed to access the application information? Did everyone here fill the representative form to be sponsor AND representative? Perhaps the agent made a mistake?

I mean, I am not asking for my wife's criminal record, just wanting to know if they need anything regarding application.
Nope, not automatically allowed. Yes, to make inquiries, they may ask you to fill the form.

On the other hand, they most likely added your information, and unlikely they would have responded in any meaningful way anyway.

(That privacy act response is often sent automatically anyway, sometimes even when there is a representative form)

Jojosa

Aug 25, 2021
AOR Received.
05-11-2021
On the other hand, they most likely added your information, and unlikely they would have responded in any meaningful way anyway.

(That privacy act response is often sent automatically anyway, sometimes even when there is a representative form)
Yes, that gives us some assurance in lieu of the AOR.... but, I am assuming they would send the AOR to me even if we didn't complete the use of a representative.... right?

arikca

Aug 4, 2021
Hey guys! I got my PPR this morning!!

ECAS doesn't say 'Decision made' and there are no changes in my cgkey.
Congrats! I also received the passport request email this morning!!! I did not expect this to happen that fast!

Situation is perhaps a bit comparable to Sharingan: I am the principal applicant, Dutch, my wife as sponsor is Canadian.

But ...the tracking sheet shows for jun 2021 there is a third person from Sri Lanka that also got to PPR: looks like fast processing is not specific to just Dutch spouses/applications.