+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Sachin_713

Aug 18, 2021
Looks like my PA's application will be processed in Vienna. Are there any reviews regarding the VAC in Vienna? Might specific VAC make any pos/neg impact regarding application processing time?

Jojosa

Aug 25, 2021
AOR Received.
05-11-2021
Registered mail is the worst option for in and to Canada.

If you have sent the application from outside Canada, Canada Post would be the one to accept international registered mail. Registered mail is basically free mail, they are barely making anything off it. If you have been checking the track and trace you might have seen there is no updates if it has reached Canada or if it was somewhere within Canada. Despite the fact you have paid for track and trace its a free service to them to update your track and trace.

On top of this, registered mail is not really a priority in Canada. They can wait with registered mail as much as they like for them to finally reach their destination. Your package can take 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months or longer.
Well, thanks for checking expectations :):(

You are right in that the package was tracked until it left Japan (June 1st). After seeing the delay in the tracking portal and asking the post office they said Canada and US rarely update the status... would've been good to know that when I was choosing registered mail, I asked to confirm if I could track this internationally, and was told yes.

I had good experiences using registered mail from here to US and Spain. The most common Express mail in Japan is EMS, which has been suspended since the state of emergency was raised. We're still on that state of emergency and EMS is still suspended...
Your package can take 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months or longer.
Seems we're crossing the 1 month mark... As long as it arrives, we're good. We're planning to move on April-May 2022, so I'm hoping the package just arrived a bit late and not fallen from the Canada Post truck.

Perhaps I can call in a week or two to see if there is any way to confirm it arrived...

Raman410

Jun 9, 2021
I'm having the same issue. I got some tips from other applicants (from a facebook group). Here are things to keep in mind:
1. Only fill in with PA's info.
2. The UCI given in the AOR email is sponsor's UCI so you can't link using that.
3. In the last question about no. of applicants, you have to include sponsor and PA so put '2'+no. of dependants in the application.
4. If you still can't link, then wait till you get biometric request or medical request and link usingPA's UCI which will be given in the biometric request email or medical request

I've tried and failed. So I'm going to wait till I get my UCI (I'm PA) to link it. In the meantime,we can still see application status in ECAS
I tried with applicant UCI from medical, still not working. i think I may have to give them a call cause I don't have any other option.
thanks for your help tho @zuhkey

Reactions: zuhkey

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Well, thanks for checking expectations :):(

You are right in that the package was tracked until it left Japan (June 1st). After seeing the delay in the tracking portal and asking the post office they said Canada and US rarely update the status... would've been good to know that when I was choosing registered mail, I asked to confirm if I could track this internationally, and was told yes.

I had good experiences using registered mail from here to US and Spain. The most common Express mail in Japan is EMS, which has been suspended since the state of emergency was raised. We're still on that state of emergency and EMS is still suspended...

Seems we're crossing the 1 month mark... As long as it arrives, we're good. We're planning to move on April-May 2022, so I'm hoping the package just arrived a bit late and not fallen from the Canada Post truck.

Perhaps I can call in a week or two to see if there is any way to confirm it arrived...
When you call, they keep you with the machine and you don't get to speak with a human being especially when you don't have application number or uci. Crazy system!

Last edited:

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I tried with applicant UCI from medical, still not working. i think I may have to give them a call cause I don't have any other option.
thanks for your help tho @zuhkey
I tried what @zuhkey said and it worked. Under family name I had to use my Wife's name as it appear on her passport which is before we got married.

Reactions: zuhkey

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Can an applicant from Germany go to Austria for medical exam or it must be in the country of residence?
My wife had her exam this week. I asked the medical office about this when we were registering and they said it didn't matter, since it all gets submitted via the same platform anyways (e-Medical).

Sachin_713

Aug 18, 2021
From the Visa Application Centre website, "What to bring with you" option shows some documents to bring.
One of the points says:Printout of your completed visa application form (including 2 copies of 2D barcode sheets)

But PA's Biometric Instruction Letter only mentioned: BIL letter and Passport to bring.
Do we also need to take anything related to VISA application form with barcode? Please enlighten me whoever recently gave your biometric. Thank you!