+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have following queries for relationship proofs:

1. For financial support proof, I did transfer some amount to my spouse's account. I do have my account statement and same with my spouse. Do I have to provide statement for entire duration or can I provide few pages from the statement and highlight the transactions which was made to my spouse?

2. For insurance or employment benefits document, I have my term life insurance document in which my spouse is added as my nominee & mentioned as my spouse and we have combined medical insurance in India where she is added as my spouse. Will these 2 documents work as proofs?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have following queries for relationship proofs:

1. For financial support proof, I did transfer some amount to my spouse's account. I do have my account statement and same with my spouse. Do I have to provide statement for entire duration or can I provide few pages from the statement and highlight the transactions which was made to my spouse?

2. For insurance or employment benefits document, I have my term life insurance document in which my spouse is added as my nominee & mentioned as my spouse and we have combined medical insurance in India where she is added as my spouse. Will these 2 documents work as proofs?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.
Your question is not exactly clear. You can provide these documents and IRCC will look at them as 'evidence' (or one type of proof).

No-one can tell you whether what you provide will 'work as proofs' in the sense of being sufficient.

Reactions: vinay16

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Your question is not exactly clear. You can provide these documents and IRCC will look at them as 'evidence' (or one type of proof).

No-one can tell you whether what you provide will 'work as proofs' in the sense of being sufficient.
Sorry for not being clear.

Question was whether I can give that as an evidence or not.

In form 5533 - checklist - Section - 7 - Proof of relationship sponsor - sub section (E).. there are 4 points..

1 First point, important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each pother's spouse (employment or insurance benefits) - Can I submit medical insurance taken in India which has my as well as spouse name on it? Same for term life insurance?

2 For 2nd point - financial support proof - My bank account statement for duration of 1 year is 65 pages long and out of it, only 5 pages contains transactions in which I have sent amount to my spouse. So can I just take a print out of those 5 pages and highlight the transactions or do I have to take a print out of 65 pages and highlight necessary ones?

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021
Sorry for not being clear.

Question was whether I can give that as an evidence or not.

In form 5533 - checklist - Section - 7 - Proof of relationship sponsor - sub section (E).. there are 4 points..

1 First point, important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each pother's spouse (employment or insurance benefits) - Can I submit medical insurance taken in India which has my as well as spouse name on it? Same for term life insurance?

2 For 2nd point - financial support proof - My bank account statement for duration of 1 year is 65 pages long and out of it, only 5 pages contains transactions in which I have sent amount to my spouse. So can I just take a print out of those 5 pages and highlight the transactions or do I have to take a print out of 65 pages and highlight necessary ones?
Yes 5 pages are enough
And my laywer suggested me for life insurance

Reactions: vinay16

Sharingan

Jul 21, 2021
I think most of us will get our AOR1 in August... because a bunch of ppl from May submitted their app and some are probably still waiting for their AOR1.
But like many others I have my hopes up for this month.

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
This process has been very stressful for me. I initially submitted our application September 2020 and it was returned May 2021 as incomplete via email and did not state what was missing. I resubmitted a week later and it was returned again in June but this time via mail and included the letter outlining what was missing. We had to track down my Wife's father to get his information because "unknown" would not suffice. Now the wait is on again

Sharingan

Jul 21, 2021
This process has been very stressful for me. I initially submitted our application September 2020 and it was returned May 2021 as incomplete via email and did not state what was missing. I resubmitted a week later and it was returned again in June but this time via mail and included the letter outlining what was missing. We had to track down my Wife's father to get his information because "unknown" would not suffice. Now the wait is on again
wow... there can be various reasons why there can't be any information about a father or perhaps a mother on the papers. My father never acknowledged since I was born, I don't see any reason and I don't wanna find reason to go see him. I'd be mad if this was to happen to me. I wish you the best of luck!