+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Thanks a bunch. I have emailed them about it. So let’s see. I don’t see any resolution to this besides retaking the test again. The least they can do is let me know why my test was invalidated. Was it due to ID not clear enough or anything I may have missed so I don’t repeat the same mistake again.

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Thanks a bunch. I have emailed them about it. So let’s see. I don’t see any resolution to this besides retaking the test again. The least they can do is let me know why my test was invalidated. Was it due to ID not clear enough or anything I may have missed so I don’t repeat the same mistake again.
One question if you don't mind. In your online tracker - application history. Do you still see the old citizenship test completed after passing. Or has that been overwritten. The screenshot of that can be your proof when contacting IRCC.

Reactions: CVLO

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
I
One question if you don't mind. In your online tracker - application history. Do you still see the old citizenship test completed after passing. Or has that been overwritten. The screenshot of that can be your proof when contacting IRCC.
It’s still there and not overwritten. I even emailed myself the results after the test. I’ll wait for their reply.

Reactions: bimmerm3m5

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
My status was completed and in green. Then I got re invited to take the test again. The invitation mentions that “You are receiving this notice because you took the citizenship knowledge test a first time, and our records indicate that you did not pass on this first attempt. You now have the opportunity to complete the test a second time through our online test platform. You have 21 days to complete the test between the test start date and end date listed above.”
I got 20/20 and have the email as well proving the same. Funny thing is that I followed the steps very carefully and made sure that the picture of my ID is clear as possible and didn’t look anywhere during the test, neither had any other browsers open. Now I’m trying to identify what I should be doing different this time before I take the test again. I used a MacBook and chrome browser. May be I should just use a windows laptop for the 2nd attempt.
Use following;
 A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet
 A working webcam
o The webcam can be built-into the device or standalone (Attached to the device)
 A reliable Internet connection
 A Chrome or Safari web browser

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS CANNOT BE USED TO TAKE THE TEST AT THIS TIME:
• A MOBILE PHONE
• CHROME BROWSER ON AN APPLE IPAD
• MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO

Reactions: anddrew

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
I would also call them.
Something is wrong with their system and there is no guarantee they would not ask for the 3rd time!!!
I don't think there is third attempt. If you fail second time too you will be scheduled for an interview.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Use following;
 A working webcam
o The webcam can be built-into the device or standalone (Attached to the device)

• A MOBILE PHONE
• MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO
Thanks. I had contacted them yesterday about this and they emailed me today to hold off the test while they’re looking into my file.

CVLO

Aug 2, 2021
Hi guys,
Received the Oath date. Please update tracker.
Oath Letter Date: Mar 10, 2022
Oath Ceremony Date: Mar 23, 2022
Congrats!
Could you explain how the oath letter is delivered? By mail, email, or on your online tracker?
Did you observe any changes on your profile prior to receiving the letter?

Reactions: summaiya_t

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I'm 20th June 2021 online applicant. Got AOR on 22 Sept 2021. After that, today mark 5 months of complete radio silence. 8 months of overall processing time so far with just 1 correspondence from IRCC.

Mine is stuck at this table since 23 Sept 2021.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

I hope IRCC come out of their "TORPOR" state soon.
So, following up on my case, I found out that there's an APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT Due Date of 13th March 2022.

Further digging revealed that "Due Date" , most likely, means that caseworker will check file on or before due date and then take one of the following actions:
a) If reason for which Due Date was assigned still exists ( for ex - Missing document or CISC has not returned with recommendations of background check etc.) , then a new "Due Date" will be assigned.
OR
b) If reason for which Due Date was assigned does not exist, then move file to next stage.
So, today (after 5½ months), I logged into my profile and saw a new update. Didn't receive any email. My online profile's table haven't changed. I guess it was updated today, so changes might appear later on.

It just says that I am invited for Citizenship Exam b/w 18 March 2022 to 7 April 2022 and instructions will be sent via email.

UPDATE: Just noticed change in "Citizenship Test" tab in table.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
So, today (after 5½ months), I logged into my profile and saw a new update. Didn't receive any email. My online profile's table haven't changed. I guess it was updated today, so changes might appear later on.

It just says that I am invited for Citizenship Exam b/w 18 March 2022 to 7 April 2022 and instructions will be sent via email.
The test invite email should come in the next few days (be sure to check your spam folder). My email came the day after I saw that update in the tracker. My timeline is similar to yours and also online applicant.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
The test invite email should come in the next few days (be sure to check your spam folder). My email came the day after I saw that update in the tracker. My timeline is similar to yours and also online applicant.
Yeah... I was actually looking at how Language Skills (LS), Background Verification (BV), Physical Presence (PP) and Prohibitions (P) stages are assessed before Citizenship Test (CT) status is triggered.

All I could find is following which is pretty vague :

anddrew

May 4, 2017
Use following;
 A working webcam

• A MOBILE PHONE
• MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO

We have a very similar timeline