+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Sivagin

Nov 5, 2016
An important tip for these people who will take the citizenship test soon

Do not use Mac Safari. I tried to access the test system with Safari first, it failed to turn on my laptop camera. I was super worried after a couple of failures.

It worked very well after switching to Google Chrome.

Google Chrome will give you a peaceful mind.
You are right 100% . I wish I knew this before

Reactions: ephy

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Hi All, can we use PR card for Citizenship test photo identification? Website says id should have signature on it but pr cards don't have signature on it. Plz advise.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Got an update today, I have been scheduled for test between Feb 24 to March 16. No email yet.

Everything is in progress apart from oath ceremony. Nothing is completed yet. I Have seen some people get background verification comppleted before test invite, anyhow, may be it varies from case to case or may be office to office.

schweppes87

Dec 27, 2016
Hey guys, I applied online on 15th June, noticed a “ghost update” on 14th Feb’ followed by an update to the citizenship test tracker, which now evidences a window of 21st Feb’ - 15th Mar’.

I’ll be taking the test outside Canada but have yet to receive the official invitation e-mail with further instructions. Any pointers as to how one is to notify/seek permission from IRCC to proceed in this manner? A tad stressed as I’m one day into the test window with no official communication/e-mail invitation to take the test.

Furthermore, do you guys reckon they’ll put my file on hold until I furnish proof of being back in Canada (some posts seem to suggest this)? I’ve been transferred internally by my company to Switzerland and may be here through mid-2023. Happy to fly into Canada at a short notice for the oath, but it’d be a shame if they were to stop processing my file altogether.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
S.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hey guys, I applied online on 15th June, noticed a “ghost update” on 14th Feb’ followed by an update to the citizenship test tracker, which now evidences a window of 21st Feb’ - 15th Mar’.

I’ll be taking the test outside Canada but have yet to receive the official invitation e-mail with further instructions. Any pointers as to how one is to notify/seek permission from IRCC to proceed in this manner? A tad stressed as I’m one day into the test window with no official communication/e-mail invitation to take the test.

Furthermore, do you guys reckon they’ll put my file on hold until I furnish proof of being back in Canada (some posts seem to suggest this)? I’ve been transferred internally by my company to Switzerland and may be here through mid-2023. Happy to fly into Canada at a short notice for the oath, but it’d be a shame if they were to stop processing my file altogether.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
S.
Not sure about other things but contact them at the email in the link below. Hope this helps

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1566&top=5

Reactions: schweppes87

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Got an update today, I have been scheduled for test between Feb 24 to March 16. No email yet.

Everything is in progress apart from oath ceremony. Nothing is completed yet. I Have seen some people get background verification comppleted before test invite, anyhow, may be it varies from case to case or may be office to office.
Yes, it happened to me. I completed my Background Verification in November of last year and no test invite yet. I guess it is a case-to-case.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
S.
I am also overseas. The whole idea of slowing processing of one's file based on where they are in the world during the processing of their application (which they worked for, met the physical presence requirements, paid taxes and contributed to the Canadian economy over the last 3 years) is a practice that must end if true. It doesn't make sense at all. It is our right to choose where we want to live and work after we legally apply for citizenship and when IRCC themselves allow people to leave Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: schweppes87

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

All the best for your test!

Yes, it appears that not everyone's application follows the same path - my background check was completed on January 24 and I haven't received the test invite yet.

schweppes87

Dec 27, 2016
Yes, it happened to me. I completed my Background Verification in November of last year and no test invite yet. I guess it is a case-to-case.

I am also overseas. The whole idea of slowing processing of one's file based on where they are in the world during the processing of their application (which they worked for, met the physical presence requirements, paid taxes and contributed to the Canadian economy over the last 3 years) is a practice that must end if true. It doesn't make sense at all. It is our right to choose where we want to live and work after we legally apply for citizenship and when IRCC themselves allow people to leave Canada.
Agreed, all the more so since IRCC specifically say so on their website. If it’s any reassurance, the temporary suspension of processing an overseas applicant’s file until his/her/their return to Canada is arbitrary as some candidates have received oath invites despite having taken the test whilst abroad. I guess I’ll be clear in my ask and state that I’m in a position to fly into Canada at a very short notice if required. I didn’t have a choice as my company pretty much “asked” me to re-locate for a year or two - hardly a proposition one would turn down when you consider that some 2019 applicants have yet to receive their oath invitations!

That being said, looks like things are moving in general for all applicants and that IRCC have more resources to process citizenship applications. Let’s hope for the best!

Cheers

Reactions: UnleashedFX

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I'm 20th June 2021 online applicant. Got AOR on 22 Sept 2021. After that, today mark 5 months of complete radio silence. 8 months of overall processing time so far with just 1 correspondence from IRCC.

Mine is stuck at this table since 23 Sept 2021.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

I hope IRCC come out of their "TORPOR" state soon.

• Sad
Reactions: baimmeb

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015

Annother ghost update today, Feb 22, 2022. Above mentioned update was yesterday on Feb 21, 2022.

Wondering what would be this update today. May be email invitation for test or background completion.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Kapustka

Feb 6, 2017
I noticed an update on the tracker portal today - BG check complete. Mods, Please update the tracker.

Mode - Online
Application submitted on - Jun 19 2021
AOR - Oct 27,2021
BGC - Feb 22, 2022
Applicant location - Vancouver

Awaiting test invite and window now. Note, I had a ghost update on 18 Feb 2022 before today's update for BGC.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I noticed an update on the tracker portal today - BG check complete. Mods, Please update the tracker.

Mode - Online
Application submitted on - Jun 19 2021
AOR - Oct 27,2021
BGC - Feb 22, 2022
Applicant location - Vancouver

Awaiting test invite and window now. Note, I had a ghost update on 18 Feb 2022 before today's update for BGC.
updated

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application Sent: June 5, 2021
AOR: Sept 9, 2021
Citizenship Test activity status updated to “in progress” on : Feb 10, 2022. Test Window: Feb 18-Mar 10, 2022.
Fingerprints required: Feb 14, 2022
Fingerprints Submitted to RCMP affiliated company: Feb 16, 2022(waiting on RCMP to send results to IRCC)
Citizenship Test given on: Feb 18, 2022 Score: 18/20
Citizenship Test status updated to “Completed” on: Feb 21, 2022 (Tracker updated Feb 22, 2022).