+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
When did you receive AOR, early June or end June? Thanks
I applied on June 9th. According to my online tracker, the application was filed on July 30th. The AOR email is dated September 17th. Seems a bit strange why it took so long to file. Does anybody else have a similar timeline?

same boat, background verification completed on November 8 and no test invite yet.
The best we can do is make sure we are ready for the test. Should get an invite any day now hopefully.

Last edited:

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I applied on June 9th. According to my online tracker, the application was filed on July 30th. The AOR email is dated September 17th. Seems a bit strange why it took so long to file. Does anybody else have a similar timeline?

The best we can do is make sure we are ready for the test. Should get an invite any day now hopefully.
I thought the date of "application filed" should be the same as AOR. I applied on June 22nd and got AOR on Sep 22nd. In the tracker, it says the application is filed on Sep. 22.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
I thought the date of "application filed" should be the same as AOR. I applied on June 22nd and got AOR on Sep 22nd. In the tracker, it says the application is filed on Sep. 22.
Hmmm, very strange indeed. I have no clue what it means or whether that is good or bad. I hope I see some progress soon...

Last edited:
Reactions: SiminB

sherlock16

Oct 26, 2021
Hello! I am not sure if this has been asked before but are they asking those who only sent the biometrics pages of the passport to send all pages of the passport? Is it on the day when you will take the test?

I passed my application online on June 5 so I only passed the pages with biometrics.

Thank you!

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hello! I am not sure if this has been asked before but are they asking those who only sent the biometrics pages of the passport to send all pages of the passport? Is it on the day when you will take the test?

I passed my application online on June 5 so I only passed the pages with biometrics.

Thank you!
You have to send all the pages. They need to verify your physical presence and the duration of stay outside canada. Now you may be asked for the copies any time during processing

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
AOR means your application is verified and is complete. Application filed is when your application is entered in their system and sent to your home processing office for further action

sherlock16

Oct 26, 2021
You have to send all the pages. They need to verify your physical presence and the duration of stay outside canada. Now you may be asked for the copies any time during processing
Thank you for your reply! My problem now is that I recently renewed my passport and the old one is with the embassy. They will send it back to me with the new one. However, they told me that it will come mid-March to end of March. Don't know how that will affect my application.

Hope they will give consideration. Thanks!

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Thank you for your reply! My problem now is that I recently renewed my passport and the old one is with the embassy. They will send it back to me with the new one. However, they told me that it will come mid-March to end of March. Don't know how that will affect my application.

My country of origin does the same thing. They take the old passports. When I was renewing my passport a few years ago, it was possible to ask for an exception due to applying for citizenship in the future.

Also, it's a good idea to have/make photocopies of your old passport when it arrives. It comes in handy in all kinds of situations that may require copies of an old passport or document.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017

]

I don't think it is a big deal. It may take some time to get the request, Otherwise, you can raise a web form and explain to them on the delay as and when the request comes.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021

Thank you!
June 4 2021 applicant here. I have been scheduled for Oath and was never asked for my passport pages. An April 2021applicant who did his Oath in January 2022 was never asked for passport pages. Many people sharing their updates up till Oath ceremony made no mention of being asked for passport pages.
It is very likely they have stopped asking or maybe they ask only in special situations.
I don't think you should worry about it. If they do ask, I am sure they give sometime to submit i.e. it will not be immediate, thereby allowing some time for you to get your old passport back from the embassy.

Sayed.ca

Mar 31, 2014
June 4 2021 applicant here. I have been scheduled for Oath and was never asked for my passport pages. An April 2021applicant who did his Oath in January 2022 was never asked for passport pages. Many people sharing their updates up till Oath ceremony made no mention of being asked for passport pages.
It is very likely they have stopped asking or maybe they ask only in special situations.
I don't think you should worry about it. If they do ask, I am sure they give sometime to submit i.e. it will not be immediate, thereby allowing some time for you to get your old passport back from the embassy.
Wow! June 4 Applicant and you already scheduled for Oath! Very impressive. I’m June 2nd Applicant. Are you online applicant or paper? How long did it take for you to change the status to DM after citizenship test?