AOR: September 07, 2021
In Progress: September 8, 2021
Background Check Completed: February 1, 2022
Citizenship Test Window: February 11 - March 3, 2022

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
If I'm not in Canada, can I still do the online citizenship test?
You might email them back while you get the actual test invite email, I heard they allow to take the test while overseas, but for the oath you must be in Canada for sure

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
Hello everybody.
I need urgently leave to country of origin and stay there for while. Can someone shed a light on next questions:
1. So we can pass test from any country outside of Canada online?
2. Does it somehow impact or slow down the application process after that? (Make extend oath ceremony date etc.)
3. Will it be possible to leave Canada now, take test from outside of Canada and come for Oath ceremony to be physically present here (Basically wait till Oath in other country come to Canada after receiving an email for Oath)

Thanks and Regards

bakshivishal

May 6, 2014
Hello everybody.
I need urgently leave to country of origin and stay there for while. Can someone shed a light on next questions:
1. So we can pass test from any country outside of Canada online?
2. Does it somehow impact or slow down the application process after that? (Make extend oath ceremony date etc.)
3. Will it be possible to leave Canada now, take test from outside of Canada and come for Oath ceremony to be physically present here (Basically wait till Oath in other country come to Canada after receiving an email for Oath)

Thanks and Regards
Yes, you can take test from outside Canada. When you get test invite, the email will have instructions to tell them that you are outside Canada - they will reply saying that it is OK to take test from Outside. Many people including myself have done that.

While I am also waiting for oath, you can come to Canada and take Oath, the only thing to keep in mind would be the notice they give for oath invite, I think generally they give 2-3 weeks notice from what I have seen, so with Covid and travel restrictions you should be able to travel back.

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
Yes, you can take test from outside Canada. When you get test invite, the email will have instructions to tell them that you are outside Canada - they will reply saying that it is OK to take test from Outside. Many people including myself have done that.

While I am also waiting for oath, you can come to Canada and take Oath, the only thing to keep in mind would be the notice they give for oath invite, I think generally they give 2-3 weeks notice from what I have seen, so with Covid and travel restrictions you should be able to travel back.
Means: I can go to other country, do my business over there. Take test, assumingely pass it. Wait for Oath and come when they invite. The only issue is travel restrictions during pandemic, so I can not be in time on Oath because of flight, isolation etc. Do I understand you correct???

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017

Are you outside of Canada now or inside? Thank you for reply.