+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

HarveyKeck

Aug 24, 2020
My citizenship test was marked complete on Dec 23rd but my background check is still in progress. Why is it taking so long
I received the test invite from the same e-mail which you mentioned above. I took and passed the test on Dec. 23rd so my timeline is very similar to yours; my background check is still pending. We are both still well within the normal processing time (of 12 months), and there are many people who applied *before* us who haven't gotten their test invites yet. I do not think there is any cause for concern.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I received the test invite from the same e-mail which you mentioned above. I took and passed the test on Dec. 23rd so my timeline is very similar to yours; my background check is still pending. We are both still well within the normal processing time (of 12 months), and there are many people who applied *before* us who haven't gotten their test invites yet. I do not think there is any cause for concern.
Thank you for your reply! Are you from the Scarborough office too?
My guess is because I have a lot of travel history for question 13 that’s why the BC is taking longer. Ironically though I only have two travels during my eligibility period.
If I may ask do you have lots of travel history. My theory is that people with extensive travel history might be facing longer wait times for BC check. Also,were you asked for any follow up info like fingerprints or pp copies?

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I received finger print request this morning from Vancouver office. On the first page of PDF, they wrote" After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter". Can you please advise if you had same note from IRCC as mine?
Yes it was the same and also my friend got the same one. Are you from Nova Scotia?

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
My guess is because I have a lot of travel history for question 13 that’s why the BC is taking longer. Ironically though I only have two travels during my eligibility period.
If I may ask do you have lots of travel history. My theory is that people with extensive travel history might be facing longer wait times for BC check. Also,were you asked for any follow up info like fingerprints or pp copies?
Well then I'm in for a real treat, if your guess is correct, which it probably is. I took dozen's of trips, practically every week, for my job based in the US up until March of 2020. In the end, I don't expect too much fuss, as I requested my complete history from the CBSA before applying, so errors shouldn't exist on the application according to the data the immigration folks can access.

I wouldn't stress over two trips unless you think an error was made.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Feel free to add to tracker:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1344
Application: Single
Application sent: June 27, 2021
Delivered: June 27, 2021
AOR: September 28, 2021
IP on ECAS:
BC:
Test e-mail:
Test completed in tracker:
Correction:

IP on ECAS: September 28, 2021

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
When do you guys think (guess) June online applicants will see any movement ? It’s really frustrating when you see even July paper applicants are seeing their background checks done :(

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Well then I'm in for a real treat, if your guess is correct, which it probably is. I took dozen's of trips, practically every week, for my job based in the US up until March of 2020. In the end, I don't expect too much fuss, as I requested my complete history from the CBSA before applying, so errors shouldn't exist on the application according to the data the immigration folks can access.

I wouldn't stress over two trips unless you think an error was made.
Have fingerprints or passport copies been requested from you yet btw? I haven’t been requested anything yet and apparently July applicants BC checks are also cleared. So just wondering what the delay is in my application lol

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
When do you guys think (guess) June online applicants will see any movement ? It’s really frustrating when you see even July paper applicants are seeing their background checks done :(
I'm a June paper applicant and there hasn't been any movement for me either. I've a feeling it's not about paper or online, it's just that some applications seem to take lesser time than others - perhaps due to individual situations and circumstances?

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a June paper applicant and there hasn't been any movement for me either. I've a feeling it's not about paper or online, it's just that some applications seem to take lesser time than others - perhaps due to individual situations and circumstances?
I am also a June paper application seeing no movement.

HarveyKeck

Aug 24, 2020
My test invite had the abbreviation SCR on it,I’m told this means it’s the Scarborough office. I travel somewhat frequently(a couple of times a year). I haven’t yet been asked for anything (fingerprints, etc…).

The fact is that we received our test invite quite early. I think it supports the idea that this office is doing tests before BG checks. Our applications are in progress (and actually progressing faster than I expected). Honestly, at this point it’s all speculation. There’s nothing to do now except be patient, I expect we’ll hear something in the next month or two.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
My test invite had the abbreviation SCR on it,I’m told this means it’s the Scarborough office. I travel somewhat frequently(a couple of times a year). I haven’t yet been asked for anything (fingerprints, etc…).

The fact is that we received our test invite quite early. I think it supports the idea that this office is doing tests before BG checks. Our applications are in progress (and actually progressing faster than I expected). Honestly, at this point it’s all speculation. There’s nothing to do now except be patient, I expect we’ll hear something in the next month or two.
Yes I agree 100% we must be thankful that atleast we got our tests done early when most from June cohort haven’t even received test invite.
My source of worry to be honest is that I saw one or two applicants on here from SCR also clear BC checks as well as test completion. Again as you mentioned not much we can do hopefully we will hear back soon. We will stay positive

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Passed the test and received update on tracker.Could you please update the excel sheet ?
Thanks
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: June 4, 2021
Delivered: June 7, 2021
AOR: September 14, 2021
IP on ECAS: October 21,2021
BC: November 10,2021
Test e-mail: December 27, 2021
Test completed in tracker :January 5, 2021
Which office is processing your application? You can check using the test invite email from IRCC

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Quick question on test: Can it be given during any time on any day? Weekends? Do I have to book time ahead of time or I can get it done during my test window days?