Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Too early to predict, but keep checking your tracker, when you see Inprogress for Backgrounc check, they may clear it soon in 1 week since it has become Inprogress based on most applications, if not you will wait until it get's cleared before they invite for citizenship test. AFAIK Citizenship test kicks in once Background check on tracker shows COMPLETED . Some will get additional requests after the citizenship too but Common trend and procedure is BC first then Citizenship test. I could be wrong though but saw most applications from my timeline has similar pattern.
Fingerprint request triggers for many reasons, one Example: if the Name is Similar to someone they have in their records,Like Clark Kent if the Applicant name is Clark Kent then Automatically this person will be fingerprint reviewed, this is a real experience i have with hiring, we don;t trigger finger print through outsourced company for hiring, we do a normal criminal record check, but if the Name totally matches as it is or they have Same Name many people then it triggers a Fingerprint request to have them go to the requested location to do it for free (we Pay the fee as hiring team), Similarly here if the Name Matches with their criminal record or Have Many same Names then they cross check the verification through Fingerprint. On the forum you really don;t have people using real names so you don;t know if it is a very common Name but we process thousands of applications every day so we know which name is a very common Name like i mentioned before Clark Kent, Ahmed Mohamed, Amandeep Kaur, Emma Gagnon, Thomas Vincent etc. common names will trigger too. There are other factors that can trigger the finger print. If a Basic hiring has got this triggering factor then imagine with IRCC who process more than we do must have got a tool that automatically triggers the Finger prints. People with no real experience may Assume answers but with 3 yearsof hiring experience for a top employer in North America, i would say this is one of the Reason for triggering the finger prints. No offence there many other reason like i mentioned before to get the trigger for fingerprints. Wish you good luck.

Reactions: applicant2021

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Fingerprint request triggers for many reasons, one Example: if the Name is Similar to someone they have in their records,Like Clark Kent if the Applicant name is Clark Kent then Automatically this person will be fingerprint reviewed, this is a real experience i have with hiring, we don;t trigger finger print through outsourced company for hiring, we do a normal criminal record check, but if the Name totally matches as it is or they have Same Name many people then it triggers a Fingerprint request to have them go to the requested location to do it for free (we Pay the fee as hiring team), Similarly here if the Name Matches with their criminal record or Have Many same Names then they cross check the verification through Fingerprint. On the forum you really don;t have people using real names so you don;t know if it is a very common Name but we process thousands of applications every day so we know which name is a very common Name like i mentioned before Clark Kent, Ahmed Mohamed, Amandeep Kaur, Emma Gagnon, Thomas Vincent etc. common names will trigger too. There are other factors that can trigger the finger print. If a Basic hiring has got this triggering factor then imagine with IRCC who process more than we do must have got a tool that automatically triggers the Finger prints. People with no real experience may Assume answers but with 3 yearsof hiring experience for a top employer in North America, i would say this is one of the Reason for triggering the finger prints. No offence there many other reason like i mentioned before to get the trigger for fingerprints. Wish you good luck.
That makes sense. Does age have an influence as well? I would assume that it would be pretty uncommon to request fingerprints from someone below 18, right?

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Finally received my AOR.
application sent - June 9
delivered - June 10
AOR- September 15
Can you please fill in the below information so that we can add your information in the tracker

Type of application:

Reactions: CENYC

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
That makes sense. Does age have an influence as well? I would assume that it would be pretty uncommon to request fingerprints from someone below 18, right?
Below 18 is Minor, i don't think they can request for children, but if anyone did they can confirm, let's see if anyone confirms. My company exempts Background check for under 18 years (we need consents and lot of paper work if need to do something for a Minor legal complications).

In our case My wife application and My Application completed Back check and CItizenship test, my child application still Back check and citizenship test in progress, as per the IRCC once we become Canadian he becomes Canadian on the day we became Canadian until the application will be in process. for minors i guess they do a formal verification( if required) and will keep the file ready for the parents file to be processed.

sohilnurani

Aug 31, 2021
Finally got the AOR.

Type of application: Paper based
Physical Presence Days: 1114
Application: Single
Application sent: June 7th 2021
Application delivered: June 10th 2021
AOR Received - 15th Sept 2021

Please update the file.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
I just logged in to the new tracker and it says that my application is in progress. Language skills, background verification, physical presence and prohibitions are all in progress. It also says that my application was "filed" on August 3rd (my guess is that that's when they started looking at it).

I also checked the old tracker just for fun.The status of my application there is application received not in progress.

Does that mean that my application is in progress now?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Just got my AOR this morning!!

Type of application: Online
Application: Single
Application sent: June 13, 2021
Application delivered: June 13, 2021
AOR: Sep 16, 2021

Hope my wife gets hers soon too since we applied on the same day.
Congratulations! I'm still waiting for mine - ours was a paper application (family of 3) that was delivered on June 10.

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
I just logged in to the new tracker and it says that my application is in progress. Language skills, background verification, physical presence and prohibitions are all in progress. It also says that my application was "filed" on August 3rd (my guess is that that's when they started looking at it).

I also checked the old tracker just for fun.The status of my application there is application received not in progress.

Does that mean that my application is in progress now?
No the old tracker would tell you when they start processing your application
It will change to In process and 3rd line would be added