+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Looks like you’re transferred to Vancouver office too just like me. I was with Scarborough office and then got transferred to Vancouver… it says workload distribution on my gcms.
It would appear so. What's your status? Also no progress for months? Any ideas what to do next?

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Last edited:

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hmm it seems that your application is just sitting around, whether because nobody has been assigned to look at it for a while or because Security Clearance is pending. But the fact that your file got transferred to Vancouver from Scarborough, I'm assuming relatively recently, could be a good sign that your file hasn't been forgotten. The PAPER FILE TRANSFER section (one of the last sections, after PAPER FILE and before FEES and EDOCS) should indicate when your file was transferred to Vancouver and might have something under Transfer Reason
There is no PAPER FILE TRANSFER section on my document at all.
In the CLEARANCES section, which comes after the first section CLIENT DETAILS, do you see anything under SECURITY?
SECURITY
Type
: Security Clearance.
CRIMINALITY
Status
: Passed.
SUBACTIVITY
Type
: CIT RCMP Screening
About 2/3 of the way through the document, under PAPER FILE, HISTORY: 1, the value under Location: should indicate the current status of your application
The Created Date under the first section CLIENT DETAILS seems to be the first date that we created any kind of profile with IRCC, whether for PR or temporary visas. Mine is in 2017, the day I created my EE profile to apply for PR. Was your first interaction with immigration Canada in 2004?
First time I have ever created anything with CIC was around 2014-15. Very strange.

Apart from that, in ELIGIBILITY section, all assessments - besides Citizenship Test - are Not started and Due Date is 2022/09/02.

Also, there's 19 NOTES altogether. Nothing out of normal on any, except maybe for Note #18 from 2021/09/07 states: No Aka - S.K.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
There is no PAPER FILE TRANSFER section on my document at all.

SECURITY
Type
: Security Clearance.
CRIMINALITY
Status
: Passed.
SUBACTIVITY
Type
: CIT RCMP Screening

First time I have ever created anything with CIC was around 2014-15. Very strange.

Apart from that, in ELIGIBILITY section, all assessments - besides Citizenship Test - are Not started and Due Date is 2022/09/02.

Also, there's 19 NOTES altogether. Nothing out of normal on any, except maybe for Note #18 from 2021/09/07 states: No Aka - S.K.

The "E-Grant Clearance Pending" means waiting for security clearance. So it looks like you are stuck in security screening, which unfortunately can take an indefinite amount of time.

Was your AOR around September 2, 2021? Seems that due dates are set for around one year from our AOR dates, from what I have noticed in my and some other people's notes. But they are pretty meaningless, as they are not bound by these due dates at all and can just push them out or ignore.

The "No Aka" probably means that they did not find any name alias for you.

Reactions: radwes

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
The "E-Grant Clearance Pending" means waiting for security clearance. So it looks like you are stuck in security screening, which unfortunately can take an indefinite amount of time.
Well... Criminality test says "Passed" and "No Criminal Record After Fingerprints". For work purposes, as well as other security-related licenses, I have been positively vetted more than once, and it never took more than a few days. This is a complete absurd.
I have 17 days of absence altogether, no troublesome places, nothing out of ordinary about me, not a single parking ticket. I'm starting to feel almost like unwelcome here...
Was your AOR around September 2, 2021? Seems that due dates are set for around one year from our AOR dates, from what I have noticed in my and some other people's notes. But they are pretty meaningless, as they are not bound by these due dates at all and can just push them out or ignore.
The tracker says it was September 7, 2021 but perhaps physically it was September 2, indeed.
The "No Aka" probably means that they did not find any name alias for you.
Makes sense. Kind of, lol. But that's the only actual note standing out, made apparently by a human being. All the rest is just generated from the system.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
True. In my case decision was made on June 15, 2022. In tracker everything is marked completed since June 15 except Oath. Nothing since then....
Did you tried to reply to email from which you got test invitation? Or send webform ? Did you called about your status.? Which visa office is processing your application?

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you tried to reply to email from which you got test invitation? Or send webform ? Did you called about your status.? Which visa office is processing your application?
Processing office is MB SK. I had sent a webform but got general reply that my file is under process and can check my status online as well through tracker.

• Sad

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Well... Criminality test says "Passed" and "No Criminal Record After Fingerprints". For work purposes, as well as other security-related licenses, I have been positively vetted more than once, and it never took more than a few days. This is a complete absurd.
I have 17 days of absence altogether, no troublesome places, nothing out of ordinary about me, not a single parking ticket. I'm starting to feel almost like unwelcome here...
Criminality is a separate process from security screening. Looks like the security screening is what is also causing your background check still not to be cleared. Do you have a security clearance for work? If so, then you should contact them, maybe first via web form and then contact MP, and tell them that you noticed that "E-Grant Clearance Pending" status in your GCMS notes and that your background check is still in process in your tracker, and tell them that you do have whatever security clearance for work and ask if there is any information you could provide to help them clear your background check.

Unfortunately people tend to get stuck in security screening often based on what countries they are from and where they have traveled to. Sometimes also delayed based on race if you happen to get one of the racist agents. But if you already have security clearance from work, it does seem more odd that you'd be stuck in security screening. Unless for citizenship they screen at a higher level than the security clearances you have? I know that non-citizens who have lived in Canada for under 5 years cannot get higher than Reliability level.

I know what you mean about feeling unwelcome here! I was also feeling that way even when I was the only one waiting way longer than normal for an oath invite after everything had supposedly been approved (although recently I'm seeing more people from all offices reporting waiting 2-3 months after DM for oath invite - guess I started an unfortunate trend??)

The tracker says it was September 7, 2021 but perhaps physically it was September 2, indeed.
So 5 days before the 1 year anniversary of your AOR. Mine was that way too. AOR 2021/09/24 due dates 2022/09/19.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Processing office is MB SK. I had sent a webform but got general reply that my file is under process and can check my status online as well through tracker.
Responses to webforms tend to be generic and unhelpful like that! You should reply to the email that your oath invite came from and ask about your oath date given that you've been waiting so long since DM. Many people have had luck getting an oath invite soon after emailing their offices (at least for Scarborough and Niagara Falls, not sure about MB SK but worth a try)

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Criminality is a separate process from security screening. Looks like the security screening is what is also causing your background check still not to be cleared. Do you have a security clearance for work? If so, then you should contact them, maybe first via web form and then contact MP, and tell them that you noticed that "E-Grant Clearance Pending" status in your GCMS notes and that your background check is still in process in your tracker, and tell them that you do have whatever security clearance for work and ask if there is any information you could provide to help them clear your background check.
Well.. Apparently everything is hanging on someone's mood here, so I'm not sure if I want to irritate them with some comment they might not like..

Reactions: trumprefugee

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Responses to webforms tend to be generic and unhelpful like that! You should reply to the email that your oath invite came from and ask about your oath date given that you've been waiting so long since DM. Many people have had luck getting an oath invite soon after emailing their offices (at least for Scarborough and Niagara Falls, not sure about MB SK but worth a try)
I actually have replied to that email with an extremely polite question whether I could do something to help with the process - no response whatsoever, not even a generic one..

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee