Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I have taken an interview with the IRCC officer on 22nd of September as I took the citizenship test outside of Canada. They required explanation on why I am out of the country and on my trips while I was in Canada.

They have told that my file looks good and I will receive the oath ceremony invite in the next weeks. Next day everything was completed on the online tracker except Citizenship Ceremony - not started. (see the signature)

Is there an average time between the invitation and the oath ceremony? I am trying to figure out how much time I will have, to plan my travel to Canada.
Depends on your processing office and the time of year. Seems that these days, most offices are scheduling oaths about a month away. However, there were a few instances a few months ago of people being scheduled only a few days before the oath.

Also, the trend has been for IRCC to delay scheduling oath for those who are still outside Canada. The sooner you come back the sooner you will likely be scheduled for oath. But there are some cases where people have been scheduled while they were still outside and had to scramble to come back.

Reactions: sahinriza

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Update on my application. this is for the one on tracker marked as "pdo (2)":

I had requested a reschedule for my original oath date of 10 august, as i had an immovable work commitment that directly overlapped with it. Rescheduled invite for 18 October, and while, this one again lands on one of the two days in the fall i was crossing my fingers it wouldn't, I'm not going to push my luck with another reschedule and I'm just gonna tell work to deal with it.

Not sure if anyone is updated the tracker for reschedules, but that makes for about two months to get a new date for oath. also, for what its worth, I'm marked as processing at DN MB SK CIT

We have another application on the tracker as pdo (1) that is still languishing in no man's land. test taken and passed on 21 March. the online portal updated with test completed, but language, presence and prohibitions still in progress. Anything we should do on this one? Just wait it out? Does PR card status have anything to do with this? This applicant's PR card expired after applying for citizenship, and they finally have a new one. Do we need to send a scan of that in to someone?

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
Depends on your processing office and the time of year. Seems that these days, most offices are scheduling oaths about a month away. However, there were a few instances a few months ago of people being scheduled only a few days before the oath.

Also, the trend has been for IRCC to delay scheduling oath for those who are still outside Canada. The sooner you come back the sooner you will likely be scheduled for oath. But there are some cases where people have been scheduled while they were still outside and had to scramble to come back.
Thank you so much! I am glad IRCC did not take to much time to send the invitation, which is for 31st of October. :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you so much! I am glad IRCC did not take to much time to send the invitation, which is for 31st of October. :)
Congrats!
Were you back in Canada at the time of your interview?

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
After two months of waiting I have finally received the GCMS notes. As I'm going through the 19 pages, it looks like the only meaningful information is:
  • my primary office is Vancouver Citizenship (not Scarborough*, from where I got my Knowledge Test invitation)
  • my secondary office is Sydney CPC (file reportedly open in 2004..?!?)
  • last updated: 2022/08/16 (no sign in tracker)
  • Criminality test: Passed (on the same day as the latest update in tracker, March 2022)
  • Application Due, Assigned By, Assigned To: all empty
Other than that, it simply lists all details I submitted in my application. It also confirms that besides the Knowledge Test, all other tasks are "Not started".

One very odd thing: it would appear as if all tasks were created in September 2022 - not 2021, as in reality...

Honestly, I have completely no idea what to do with this "knowledge"...

Last edited:
Reactions: trumprefugee

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
After two months of waiting I have finally received the GCMS notes. As I'm going through the 19 pages, it looks like the only meaningful information is:
  • my primary office is Vancouver Citizenship (not Scarborough*, from where I got my Knowledge Test invitation)
  • Criminality test: Passed (on the same day as the latest update in tracker, March 2022)
Other than that, it simply lists all details I submitted in my application. It also confirms that besides the Knowledge Test, all other tasks are "Not started".

One very odd thing: it would appear as if all tasks were created in September 2022 - not 2021, as in reality...

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
Congrats!
Were you back in Canada at the time of your interview?
Thanks!

Not actually, I was and am still not in Canada and I explained why I am not. 3 business days after the interview I received the invitation for the oath ceremony. However not received the invitation e-mail yet.

I will be there in Canada for a limited time (2 weeks max) and expect to be able to pick up the citizenship certificate (instead of receiving via mail) and apply for an urgent passport.

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
That sounds like the same ID requirements for adults (two pieces of ID, one of which must have photo and signature - although kids might be exempt from the signature requirement). Since they say that PR card can be used for one of them, if the second piece is Canadian federal, provincial or territorial issued ID, and PR card has photo, I'm guessing the non-photo provincial health card should be fine. But you should double check back with them to be sure.
I asked specifically by replying (again) to the oath invitation, if the non-photo health card, in addition to the PR-card, is sufficient ID for each child (who are under 14 years old and not attending) and got a confirmation that it is.
So I will be attending the online oath ceremony next week by myself (the children are away), and just bring the children IDs as mentioned above.

Reactions: trumprefugee

JamR

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Congrats to ppl getting oath invitations

For me, Still no update, over a month no gcms notes. Test passed in Jan. Sent a web form requesting for an update as we have to travel in October but they said we need to wait, there is nothing required from our side its just normal covid delay.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks!

Not actually, I was and am still not in Canada and I explained why I am not. 3 business days after the interview I received the invitation for the oath ceremony. However not received the invitation e-mail yet.

I will be there in Canada for a limited time (2 weeks max) and expect to be able to pick up the citizenship certificate (instead of receiving via mail) and apply for an urgent passport.
what interview?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks!

That's great that they scheduled you for oath so soon after the interview even though you are still outside Canada, as many others who took the test from outside and especially those who were still outside during the interview have had their applications pretty much put on hold until they returned and notified IRCC of their return. However, a handful others unavoidably abroad for work reasons were also able to make the arrangements you seem to have made for urgent certificate and passport with a short stay in Canada for the oath. All the best with the ceremony and passport!

Reactions: sahinriza

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Hmm it seems that your application is just sitting around, whether because nobody has been assigned to look at it for a while or because Security Clearance is pending. But the fact that your file got transferred to Vancouver from Scarborough, I'm assuming relatively recently, could be a good sign that your file hasn't been forgotten. The PAPER FILE TRANSFER section (one of the last sections, after PAPER FILE and before FEES and EDOCS) should indicate when your file was transferred to Vancouver and might have something under Transfer Reason

In the CLEARANCES section, which comes after the first section CLIENT DETAILS, do you see anything under SECURITY?

About 2/3 of the way through the document, under PAPER FILE, HISTORY: 1, the value under Location: should indicate the current status of your application

CPC Sydney always starts out as the primary office and then becomes the secondary after our files are transferred to a local office.

The Created Date under the first section CLIENT DETAILS seems to be the first date that we created any kind of profile with IRCC, whether for PR or temporary visas. Mine is in 2017, the day I created my EE profile to apply for PR. Was your first interaction with immigration Canada in 2004?

Reactions: radwes

ephy

Jul 14, 2016
New Brunswick
Hi everyone!

Finally, after passing the citizenship test on April 15th, and Decision made on July 6th,
we got our oath for citizenship invitation today, Sep 28. The ceremony will be on the 20th of October!

Hoping that everyone will receive invitations as well..
Have a great day everyone!

(Almost 16 months of processing from the day of submission..Glad that it is almost done and soon, we will be Canadian citizen)

ephy

Jul 14, 2016
New Brunswick
Hi everyone!

Finally, after passing the citizenship test on April 15th, and Decision made on July 6th,
we got our oath for citizenship invitation today, Sep 28. The ceremony will be on the 20th of October!

Hoping that everyone will receive invitations as well..
Have a great day everyone!

(Almost 16 months of processing from the day of submission..Glad that it is almost done and soon, we will be Canadian citizen)

JUST AN ADDITION...

I sent a webform on the 9th of September and it seemed to be the reason why our account has progressed..just a guess..