+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls I need your help Urgent I live in Ontario and oath date is tomorrow and when I look to time it is mentioned 10 am canada time ?

what does it mean ?

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Pls I need your help Urgent I live in Ontario and oath date is tomorrow and when I look to time it is mentioned 10 am canada time ?

what does it mean ?
Does it say EST or PST? More than likely, the time is based on the office that sent you the invitation. Mine clearly stated PST (Canada) because I live in the west coast/and the office that sent me the invitation is from BC. Pls check your letter and see if it says PST or EST or something else. It will probably be EST since you live in Ontario But pls check your letter to be sure.

Last edited:

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello my ECAS has changed now after the oath from waiting for you to in progress again
Is this mean they received the signed oath form

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I passed the test about 3 months ago, and noticed a ghost update a few days ago on Aug 31st. Today I got a request to send a scanned copy of the passport pages. I guess this is a common request, and is needed to verify the arrivals and departures, right ? I'm not sure if my passport actually has all the stamps corresponding for all my trips, since somtimes the passport is not stamped by the visited countiry. I actually have additional documents, such as the USA I-94 arrival/departure record and flight boarding passes, that can validate all my travel dates. So an additional question is, if I should write a comment in my reply (along with the passport scan), to mention that I have other documents to validate my travel dates, and I can send them if needed ?

Thanks in advance ! Any advice or insights would be welcome.

Application info: Paper, family (3), Vancouver
Timeline: Application delivered 14/Jun/2021, AOR 17/Sep/2021, BGC complete 24/Jan/2022, Test taken 6/Jun/2022

Last edited:

Mkhld94

Mar 1, 2022
I passed the test about 3 months ago, and noticed a ghost update a few days ago on Aug 31st. Today I got a request to send a scanned copy of the passport pages. I guess this is a common request, and is needed to verify the arrivals and departures, right ? I'm not sure if my passport actually has all the stamps corresponding for all my trips, since somtimes the passport is not stamped by the visited countiry. I actually have additional documents, such as the USA I-94 arrival/departure record and flight boarding passes, that can validate all my travel dates. So an additional question is, if I should write a comment in my reply (along with the passport scan), to mention that I have other documents to validate my travel dates, and I can send them if needed ?

Thanks in advance ! Any advice or insights would be welcome.

Application info: Paper, family (3), Vancouver
Timeline: Application delivered 14/Jun/2021, AOR 17/Sep/2021, BGC complete 24/Jan/2022, Test taken 6/Jun/2022

I am in the same situation because of using the E-Gate, so I attached the passport copy as requested and also attached all the other arrival/departure records. This was about a month ago. I called the call center and they confirmed the documents were received with no issues.

I would say no harm in attaching your other documents.

event2018

Sep 7, 2022
Vancouver. I wrote a letter requesting it, and my employer wrote a supporting document (that I sent before the actual oath) that I needed to travel for work. They acknowledged it during registration (on oath taking day).
please which email do you send the request letter??

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I am in the same situation because of using the E-Gate, so I attached the passport copy as requested and also attached all the other arrival/departure records. This was about a month ago. I called the call center and they confirmed the documents were received with no issues.

I would say no harm in attaching your other documents.
Thanks. I'm also thinking of sending the additional arrival departure documents, but I'm not sure if these are actually needed by IRCC, or if including them would delay processing as they would have to spend time looking at them. So I wanted to know if it's better to just send them, or only mention I have additional documents documenting arrival/departure and can send them if needed.

Mkhld94

Mar 1, 2022
Thanks. I'm also thinking of sending the additional arrival departure documents, but I'm not sure if these are actually needed by IRCC, or if including them would delay processing as they would have to spend time looking at them. So I wanted to know if it's better to just send them, or only mention I have additional documents documenting arrival/departure and can send them if needed.
No worries.
I had similar thoughts along the same line, but figured i'd much rather send them and they have it on file to review quickly if needed, rather than have to send me an email and me emailing back, then they may take more time to get to my emails and such.
No wrong descision here i believe, your call!

sivakumargk

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,
I applied in June 2021 and got my test on Dec 2022. But I couldn't able to pass and meantime I moved to the USA and working here. I didn't get my re-test invitation yet. It's almost a year since I applied.

Will my eligibility would get affect if I continue to stay in USA?
Generally how long it takes for my second test?
Any suggestion would be appreciated. I'm really required this citizenship.

Please response to my doubts.
Regards

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
No worries.
I had similar thoughts along the same line, but figured i'd much rather send them and they have it on file to review quickly if needed, rather than have to send me an email and me emailing back, then they may take more time to get to my emails and such.
No wrong descision here i believe, your call!
Yeah, actually I tend to agree this is a good opportunity to send the travel documents just in case they need the additional verification, and I agree it probably can't hurt.

BTW, I did notice one of my departures was missing in the CBSA records, and it's indeed for a flight from YYZ E gates, as you mentioned above. Is that a well known issue, of having no departure record when departing on a flight from these gates ?

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi,
I applied in June 2021 and got my test on Dec 2022. But I couldn't able to pass and meantime I moved to the USA and working here. I didn't get my re-test invitation yet. It's almost a year since I applied.

Will my eligibility would get affect if I continue to stay in USA?
Generally how long it takes for my second test?
Any suggestion would be appreciated. I'm really required this citizenship.

Please response to my doubts.
Regards
Try to call them and ask why you havent been scheduled for a re-test. You also need to be physically in Canada when you eventually take the oath. I had a friend who took the just a few steps inside Canada and the officials said as long as he is in Canadian soil, it is fine.

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I took my oath by the Queen‘s name just under a month ago. I am glad I was able to do that. (I know it doesn’t really matter who wears the crown— I am just being sentimental I guess).

Reactions: radwes