Application: Single
Application sent: June 22, 2021
Delivered: June 25, 2021
AOR: September 24th, 2021
In Process ECAS - November 12th, 2021
Test Invite - June 20th, 2022

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
Hoping I have a similar timeline as you do through the end. Oath Tuesday and my case was classified as closed on Thursday. I actually called IRCC yesterday afternoon and the agent said my certificate was mailed on Wednesday. It's not in my mailbox yet, so hopefully it arrives on Monday because I have an appointment booked already.
I received my citizenship certificate today, June 20. Interestingly enough, it was post-marked on June 15, which is what the agent told me when I called IRCC on Thursday. Not sure why it took so many days to get from Scarborough to Downtown Toronto.

I was checking the passport appointment website last week and a lone appointment opened up at the passport office in downtown for today so I booked it. Certificate arrived just in time. Fingers crossed I can get through the passport process smoothly.

Good luck everyone!

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Does anyone know what are the steps to get the passport after the ceremony?
I'm waiting for my ceremony and I want to be prepare to apply for the passport right away.
Do we need to book an appointment?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I received my citizenship certificate today, June 20. Interestingly enough, it was post-marked on June 15, which is what the agent told me when I called IRCC on Thursday. Not sure why it took so many days to get from Scarborough to Downtown Toronto.

I was checking the passport appointment website last week and a lone appointment opened up at the passport office in downtown for today so I booked it. Certificate arrived just in time. Fingers crossed I can get through the passport process smoothly.

Good luck everyone!
I'm sure 18th and 19th being a weekend has something to do with it as Canada Post don't deliver on weekends.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017

Good luck everyone!
My certificate was mailed on Wednesday the 15th according to the agent processing my file and I haven't received it yet (in midtown Toronto). Canada Post infuriates me at the best of times so I'm not surprised in the slightest I haven't received my certificate yet.

Happy to hear you got yours and it arrived in time for a passport appointment. I keep looking for one but can't get in. Might take a trip to somewhere in Canada where people aren't lining up at the passport offices starting at 3am to get mine :)

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Might take a trip to somewhere in Canada where people aren't lining up at the passport offices starting at 3am to get mine :)
As a follow-up to my last post, good luck and congrats if you can avoid the lineups. I spent over 8 hours today, starting at 6:45am at the North York office to get my passport application submitted. Never in my life have I had to wait so long in a line. The process itself was painless, because I tried to make things as easy as possible for the staff, but what a brutal experience. I was surprised to only come across 1 really pissed off woman, although the staff was saying an angry group was gathering.

MANY of the people there had gone the snail mail route, but were getting nervous after 2-3 months of no response. I would too.

If I were to repeat, I'd be there at 5AM, with a folding chair, and food/drink/headphones/maybe a laptop. It's a really long wait. Even with a flight res in hand for later this week...

jupiter01

Sep 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank you all and once again I want to write my timeline hope helps someone else in this CITIZENSHIP FORUM.

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: June 4, 2021
Delivered: June 7, 2021
AOR: September 14, 2021
IP on ECAS: October 21, 2021
BC: November 10,2021
Test e-mail: December 27, 2021
Test completed in the tracker: January 5, 2022
Language, Prohibitions and Physical Presence completed: April 29, 2022
E-cas : decision made
Oath date: May 19, 2022
Certificate received: June 6,2022 (IRCC Sent it on the 27th of May)
Passport Appointment: I took it just before the oath (14th of May)trying day&night:-( and the appointment was on the 10th of June
Pickup Passport on 17th of June ( I have a flight ticket on the 22nd of June)

Once again thank you all and wish you all the best! this forum helps me a lot during this journey!

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
Anyone with Oath ceremony on June 15th got updates in tracker? I was hoping to get some updates by now but no updates yet.

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
My certificate was mailed on Wednesday the 15th according to the agent processing my file and I haven't received it yet (in midtown Toronto). Canada Post infuriates me at the best of times so I'm not surprised in the slightest I haven't received my certificate yet.

Happy to hear you got yours and it arrived in time for a passport appointment. I keep looking for one but can't get in. Might take a trip to somewhere in Canada where people aren't lining up at the passport offices starting at 3am to get mine :)
Gosh, I hope you get it soon. Really, it should only go to the sorting facility and then out for delivery next business day. Not sure why it would ever take more than 2 business days.

With the passport appointments, my experience has been that appointments (if they exist) will open up at some point between 8pm and 8:40pm EST. I used to check daily and initially scheduled one as soon as my oath was scheduled (so 3 weeks in advance) and kept checking for better options. I noticed the following:

1. All offices do not open up appointments each day. It was really a hit or miss and most appointments showed up for Fridays.

2. I've seen instances where the downtown passport office would show 8 or so open timeslots for 1p and 3.30pm but as soon as I booked one, all others would disappear.

3. When I went to the passport office in downtown this afternoon, it was as dead as can be. There were like 3 people waiting in the room and all left within the 15 minutes that I was there. I cannot fathom why they do not open up more appointments. Several of the employees were just lounging around and chatting with each other behind the counters. Hard to believe they are that busy. I have travel planned for next week and they told me I could pick up the passport as early as Wednesday morning. which means it would be ready Tuesday afternoon. Pretty quick turnaround time.

Last edited:

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Exactly same story..
Waiting game is on, thinking to give a phone call today to help line, last time i called was on may 9

Reactions: radwes

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Waiting game is on, thinking to give a phone call today to help line, last time i called was on may 9
I tried to call the general number only once and was kicked out after 15 minutes on waiting. Did you call the processing office directly, or the general number? From the result it looks like it changes nothing..

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Gosh, I hope you get it soon. Really, it should only go to the sorting facility and then our for delivery next business day. Not sure why it would ever take more than 2 business days.
[...]
Got it in the mail this morning, so 4 business days after it was mailed and 5 business days after the ceremony. Of course the envelope was bent to fit in my mail slot, despite the stamp saying do not bend... grrr. Thankfully the certificate wasn't damaged. Now the passport application can begin. Forms are already filled out, just need to get photos taken and get to a passport office.