+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
did you reach out to IRCC via Webform or Test invite email or phone t expedite you application since ?
Did you? To what result?

As for the IRCC webform, you ought not use it unless your application has passed 27 months of the normal processing time:

jb171992

Mar 18, 2022
Hey guys. Just want to share a brief of my experience requesting urgent processing of citizenship certificates and passports. Those in a situation similar to mine, hopefully it will be of some help.

My family and I got the oath ceremony invite on May 12, the oath was scheduled for Jun 3rd. I had air-tickets booked for Jun 10th for an overseas employment. I assumed that I can request urgent processing of the certificates and passports during the oath. This was a bad assumptions, as the clerk during the oath told me that I should have requested urgent processing between May 12 and Jun 03. The clerk told us that the certificates will take a minimum of 2 weeks after the oath. At this point, I made my best sick puppy face but I was given zero f$&@s.

Heartbroken and fearing that my employment offer may not materialise, I decided to send an email to IRCC Scarborough after my oath requesting urgent processing with all the supporting documents (on Friday, Jun 3rd). I explained in the email that it was not made clear to me earlier about the process and now I stand to lose a job opportunity (I had already quit my GTA job weeks earlier).
Surprisingly, IRCC Scarborough replied Monday morning (Jun 6th) that our citizenship certificates were dispatched this morning with Purolator (they gave me the tracking ID too). I made a quick trip to Puralator hub closest to me and asked them to hold the certificates for me and I will collect in person (dispatching on a truck would have taken longer). Sure enough, I got a text early morning on Jun 7th about the package ready for pick up.
As soon as I picked up the certificates at 8 AM on Jun 7th, I went to the passport office in North York and got in the walk-in queue at around 9:30 AM. I finally submitted my documents along with proof of travel close to 5 PM. I asked for urgent processing again and was asked to pick up the passports at 3 PM then next day, June 8th.

True to their word, the passports were ready June 8th. This completed our Express Entry > PR > Citizenship journey and I would like to thank every one in this forum for their patience, resilience and willingness to help all the time. Without your support, this journey would have been very confusing.

This is my timeline:

Applicant Sent: 07 Jun 2021
Application Received; 09 Jun 2021
AOR: 15 Sep 2021
Address Change: 16 Sep 2021
Start working: 20 Oct 2021
Background Complete: 05 Nov 2021
Test Invite: 06 Jan 2022
Test Complete: 16 Jan 2022
Decision Made: 03 May 2022
Oath Invite: 12 May 2022
Oath Ceremony: 03 Jun 2022
File Closed: 06 Jun 2022
Citizenship Certificate Received: 07 Jun 2022
Passport Applied: 07 Jun 2022
Passport Received: 08 Jun 2022
@adilkhan31 Thanks for sharing this. I'm in the same boat. I have my ceremony scheduled for July 7 but I have a flight on July 15. My application is also being processed by the Scarborough Office. Should I be emailing them ahead to let the know of the same? Where should I email - generic webform? or their direct email (DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN (IRCC) <ircc.dnscrcitizenshipe-apps-demandesenlignecitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca>)
If you can help or give me some guidance. I would highly appreciate as I have been stressing about this. Thank you

Last edited:

raja_michra

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
did you reach out to IRCC via Webform or Test invite email or phone t expedite you application since ?
I did reach out to ircc but not to expedite but to get the lastest update on my file...

1. Sent webform 2 times, got a generic reply for only 1.
2. Called ircc, spoke to an agent and was told the same generic reply. That everything looks good and it's still within processing time.
3. Sent email twice to the test invite email but did not get any response yet.
4. Ordered Gcms

Feeling really helpless....this is not how it should work.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Finally got an update! everything is completed (June 2nd), except the citizenship ceremony!
still no update on the citizenship ceremony. is that common to have everything completed but not the ceremony?
My husband's ceremony was updated just one day after other parts were completed.
His office was Scarborough and mine is Niagra (Ottawa) :(

Reactions: DEEP2022 and radwes

schweppes87

Dec 27, 2016
Hello all,

I’ve flown into Canada to take the oath on 15th June, after which I’ll be applying for my Canadian passport in Montreal via the ”express route” for issuance within 2 days. I’ll need to obtain my new passport before flying back to Switzerland as this will be required to renew my work permit in July.

Does anyone know if it’d be acceptable to use my friend‘s address on the passport application form, preceded by a “C/o”? I no longer have a personal residential address in Canada.

The form doesn‘t appear to allow one to select a different country of residence, so I presume that the residential address must necessarily be a Canadian one.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Cheers

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 &amp; AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
How many days it takes to show a new address update on CIC website? It is more than 5 business days since I used webform & old e-cas for address update but still, it shows an old address.