+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
It's more of a deduction / assumption: it's in the instructions where to send your fingerprints.
That's actually a "faulty" assumption/deduction since a vast majority of fingerprints are processed in the Vancouver Office so Vancouver may not necessarily be your processing office. However, a better deduction is to check your test mail if you have received one.

Reactions: radwes

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
That's actually a "faulty" assumption/deduction since a vast majority of fingerprints are processed in the Vancouver Office so Vancouver may not necessarily be your processing office. However, a better deduction is to check your test mail if you have received one.
Then corrected I stand - that would mean my processing office apparently is... Scarborough (DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN)?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Congrats to all whose applications are progressing to DM and to those getting oath dates.

I've come here to vent. It's a long post.

We are coming up on one year since our applications were delivered. Some of us have completed the process while others are still waiting. I am fortunate that my application has so far not been particularly slow; but it also hasn't been one of the speediest. I'm hopeful that I, too, will soon be able to take the oath of citizenship, but honestly it's a process I'm dreading right now.

Why? Well... I've got a trip planned in a few weeks. This trip is to the US and I will be driving, but there's a lot of planning that's gone into it with a lot of different people so I can't change things too much.

Judging by some of the responses here time between DM and oath can be quite short. So I could be faced with the situation that I get scheduled to take the oath while I'm away and little time to make other plans. After all this waiting, rescheduling the oath isn't really an option so I'll make the arrangements to be in Canada should it conflict with my trip. This could even mean a last-minute flight - who knows, maybe I'll take the oath straight after getting off the plane while I'm still at the airport (unlikely but still...) and then get straight back on a plane to resume the road trip.

Then there's the issue of what happens after the oath, regardless of whether it would interrupt my trip. When everything was done in-person you would walk away with your certificate in-hand, and you were told to wait two business days to apply for a passport. Theoretically you could have a passport within 72 hours of taking the oath, relatively easily. Now, it takes at least that amount of time before you are even mailed the certificate. That's if you can convince IRCC to expedite it for you. Let's not even speak of the process to get a passport issued right now.

It's all making things very difficult to plan, and it has the potential to cost me a lot of money. Also, I need the ability to travel on a moment's notice so in any case I will be trying to get a passport as soon as possible. Last year I flew to Europe and back twice in three weeks (both times with only a day's notice) because of my father's health.

I can't risk not having a passport to allow me to board a flight back to Canada, stranding me abroad. So, that will mean lining up at 3am(???) and taking another day off work to hope I can get in to apply for a passport. Booking a refundable ticket to somewhere within a few days to convince the passport office of an urgent need, paying the expedited passport fees, and then cancelling that refundable ticket. It's all so convoluted just to have the ability to leave the country and come back in again.

I really hope that all of these processes improve and things can get back to 'normal' soon. I'm tired of waiting and want this over with - and will just have to plan for any eventuality.

Last edited:

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Dec 31, 2021 test completed and still nothing! So it’s very random and depends on your Local office (Montreal in my case).
mine was Sep 2021 , No update for 8 months now

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
I just discovered this thread, I applied for citizenship online on June 7, 2021, and still haven't received the AOR.
Is anyone else in the same boat?

Online application
App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1214
Applied on: June 7, 2021
AOR: not received

Please add my application to the tracker sheet as well.
hey any update?

KathieB

Mar 16, 2018
Hi everyone!!

Has anyone received oath ceremony invite and given it from out of Canada? Please let me know, Thanks!

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Application Type: Paper Application
Applicant Type: Single
Applicant Location: Edmonton
Physical Presence Days: 2190

Application Sent: June 28, 2021
AOR: September 07, 2021
Start Processing; November14, 2021
Background Verification Completed: February 08, 2022
Citizenship Test Schedule Received: April 25, 2022 (Valid from April 29-May 14)
Citizenship Test Passed: April 29, 2022
Citizenship Test Status Updated to Completed: May 10, 2022
Physical Presence Activity Status Completed: In Process
Prohibitions Activity Status Completed: In Process
Language Skills Activity Completed: In process

Reactions: maddy_m and radwes

dverma215

Nov 4, 2020
Applied June 3/2021 online
Aor : Sept 7/2021
Background check completed : Jan 27/2022
Test invite : Feb 02/2022