+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

shansh

Jul 6, 2015
I applied on June 4, 2021 and my BG and test activity updated to completed on Jan 24th and April 4, 2022 respectively. Since then there is no update. I contacted twice through web form in last month, still haven't received any reply from them. Do you think I should try to call them or reply to the email address that sent me the Citizenship Test email? I have a job offer from an US employer and they require me to have the Citizenship to finish the hiring. Also after reading the thread here, I am very skeptical to confirm them my timeline.

• Haha
Reactions: m3us

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I applied on June 4, 2021 and my BG and test activity updated to completed on Jan 24th and April 4, 2022 respectively. Since then there is no update. I contacted twice through web form in last month, still haven't received any reply from them. Do you think I should try to call them or reply to the email address that sent me the Citizenship Test email? I have a job offer from an US employer and they require me to have the Citizenship to finish the hiring. Also after reading the thread here, I am very skeptical to confirm them my timeline.
Unfortunately having a US job offer isn’t a criteria for urgent processing on Canadian citizenship application. But doesn’t mean that you can’t call or reach out to them and try asking. Good luck!

dammieh

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
20-10-2017
Congratulations to everyone seeing some progress with their applications. We submitted our application June 2021, received AOR in September, and background verification completed on Nov 11, 2021. Since then, there has been no update on our application. We have not received a test invite and it's almost a year since we submitted.
I am pretty sure calling or contacting IRCC would not change anything, I just wanted to vent and celebrate with the people that have taken their oaths and those planning to :) All the best.

nextfloat

May 16, 2021
Congratulations to everyone seeing some progress with their applications. We submitted our application June 2021, received AOR in September, and background verification completed on Nov 11, 2021. Since then, there has been no update on our application. We have not received a test invite and it's almost a year since we submitted.
I am pretty sure calling or contacting IRCC would not change anything, I just wanted to vent and celebrate with the people that have taken their oaths and those planning to :) All the best.
I am in exact same situation, no update after background check completed on Nov 10.

• Wow
Reactions: radwes

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Good to vent time to time, especially among those who know very well what you're through ;)
When I compare your case with mine, that's what I mean by "complete lack of consistency"... I obtained a request for fingerprints only after I passed the test (February). Until now, test remains the only completed part of the application. Some folks who applied later already have oath invitations, some who applied earlier don't have even that.
I totally agree that except for a legitimate reason to expedite the process calling/mailing IRCC won't help - why would it?
Anyway, good luck to you as well!

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
This morning everything is completed on Tracker except Citizenship ceremony. Now wait game starts for Oath date.
I am June 9th applicant ( Online application - Calgary)

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
This morning everything is completed on Tracker except Citizenship ceremony. Now wait game starts for Oath date.
I am June 9th applicant ( Online application - Calgary)
Congrats my application is few days behind you-Cal office-, I hope it follows an update soon.

Niv_

Feb 12, 2018
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017 [Passed]
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
Hi,

I see the there's update in ecas from May 4th regarding Citizenship test but i haven't received any email yet [checked spam folder and all] with instructions as it is mentioned in the update.

Does it take few days for the email to be sent after the update in ecas?