+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
There is an ghost update on 25 April on my application but no change. previous update date was 9 Feb. what does that mean?
Was your application family with minor kids. I think those people have got ghost updates (April 25/26) with no apparent change so far.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
April 19th oath at Niagara Falls ( Kitchener app) - received certificate today . Stamp on envelope dated 4/22

App delivered June 24, 2021
Can you let me know if the certificate came through Canada post or private carrier ? I need the info please

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Canada post and was put into my community mail box .
I don’t have address for one month as I am moving to new place effective June.
In this case I am not sure should I use old address and put mail forwarding service OR update to temporary friends address (My DL won’t match this address). In oath ceremony, was it mandatory that your ID address should match the mailing address provided?

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I’m not certain if it’s mandatory but they may ask if it doesn’t match when they are checking your documents.

After the oath Niagara sent an email to us reminding us to send the oath form back and also asked us to confirm the mailing address for the certificate when returning the signed oath form .

don’t worry, you will have many opportunities to let them know what your situation is so they can tell you what to do

if I were you, I would still put the mail forwarding on and ask the agent if you can have the certificate sent to your friend.

Reactions: Troy2245

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hi Guys, regarding the ID that we need to show for the citizenship test, can I show my driver’s license as that has a signature on it or should provide my PR card without signature? What would be the best course of action?

Hi Guys, regarding the ID that we need to show for the citizenship test, can I show my driver’s license as that has a signature on it or should provide my PR card without signature? What would be the best course of action?
PR card will work (they know it has no signature, but explicitly state you can use the PR card). I used the PR card, no problems.

Reactions: UnleashedFX

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
There is an ghost update on 25 April on my application but no change. previous update date was 9 Feb. what does that mean?
The IRCC Application Tracker was not updated due to technical reasons since 12th April. It was only on the 25th April that they fixed the issues. So many people would get ghost updates on 25th, because the backend system would have refreshed all files to the Application Tracker to reflect the correct present status.