+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Hey guys,

I submitted my application June 1st. Background was done on January 27 and test completed Feb 3. Nothing after. I submitted a web form to request urgent processing as my father has serious health issues and provided them with medical reports and told them that I need to travel asap. It has been two weeks and no response on my request. How long does it take them to get back on web form requests?
Many times they don’t even get back. Best way to find out is to give a call to IRCC.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Hey guys,

I submitted my application June 1st. Background was done on January 27 and test completed Feb 3. Nothing after. I submitted a web form to request urgent processing as my father has serious health issues and provided them with medical reports and told them that I need to travel asap. It has been two weeks and no response on my request. How long does it take them to get back on web form requests?
Currently 54~ days response time to web forms. If you had sent the web form on February 3, you would be receiving a response around this time. Are you a refugee, why would you need Canadian citizenship to travel?

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
June 2021 Applicant. Just gave my Online Citizenship Test : Scored 19 out of 20 (PASSED)
(Finished exam with 20 minutes to spare. It's that easy!)

Application Date : 20 JUN 2021
Type : ONLINE
Processing Office : MONTREAL
AOR : 22 SEP 2021 (Email)
BGC Completed : 14 MAR 2022
Test Invite Email : 14 MAR 2022
Test Date Range : 18 MAR 2022 - 07 APR 2022
Test Passed : 27 MAR 2022

That's it!
Portal Updated : TODAY (31st March 2022). Citizenship Test now shows "Completed"

Timeline
Application Date : 20 JUN 2021
Type : ONLINE
Processing Office : MONTREAL
AOR : 22 SEP 2021 (Email)
BGC Completed : 14 MAR 2022
Test Invite Email : 14 MAR 2022
Test Activation Period : 18 MAR 2022 - 07 APR 2022
Test Passed : 27 MAR 2022

(Previous Table) Following is the Table right now.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Same here - but I think this is not unusual. Others who I know when through the process in the past year said it was ~4 months after their test before anything changed. You aren't alone - most people (including myself) who submitted in June 2021 have not had a decision made on their case.
There’s an applicant here that applied on June 2021 same as me paper applicant same office scarbourgh that just got their citizenship. I don’t understand why my BG check is taking so long most people that applied in June 2021 were done by November 2021. It’s so frustrating to check the tracker everyday and not see any movement.

latiwesh

Sep 3, 2021
Currently 54~ days response time to web forms. If you had sent the web form on February 3, you would be receiving a response around this time. Are you a refugee, why would you need Canadian citizenship to travel?
no, not a refugee. But there is no direct flights to my home country and I need Visa to even do transit anywhere. Also I don’t want to be there and all of the sudden I cut my trip and travel back for Oath or have to reschedule but if I have to wait 54 days for their response I might just apply for the Visa and take my chances.

adam1019

Feb 27, 2019
I am a Calgary September paper applicant and I submitted my fingerprints on March 2, so a month ago but still didn’t get any updates. I called IRCC and they said they haven’t received anything. What do I do now? Anyone else in the sane boat? How long does it take?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I am a Calgary September paper applicant and I submitted my fingerprints on March 2, so a month ago but still didn’t get any updates. I called IRCC and they said they haven’t received anything. What do I do now? Anyone else in the sane boat? How long does it take?
3 - 6 weeks is what I was told by the fingerprinting agency

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Read an article yesterday and how they are slow in processing ciizenship application.

In 2 weeks I will be completing 4 months since I passed citizenship test in december 2021 and background check was completed in Novemeber 2021.
So annoying at this point.

We are almost reaching one year timeline. :(

I need to travel to home country to stay couple of months and I don't want the trouble again to fly back if I have oath cermony and other stuff.
Seriously I am sad to see other applicants are not moving as well.

• Sad
Reactions: Jakev

sohilnurani

Aug 31, 2021
Read an article yesterday and how they are slow in processing ciizenship application.

In 2 weeks I will be completing 4 months since I passed citizenship test in december 2021 and background check was completed in Novemeber 2021.
So annoying at this point.

We are almost reaching one year timeline. :(

I need to travel to home country to stay couple of months and I don't want the trouble again to fly back if I have oath cermony and other stuff.
Seriously I am sad to see other applicants are not moving as well.
Same is the case for me..test completed on 21st Dec..no update since then.