+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have two notifications :
- Dec 22, 2021: Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
- Dec 31, 2021: you’ve been scheduled to take citizenship test on December 31, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent you.

I thought that we have a 3 weeks window to take the test, why are they specifying Dec 31 to take the test ?
Do you know how long it takes to receive the test invitation email?

my timeline:
Type: paper application ( single )
Delivered: June 28, 2021
AOR: October 1, 2021
In Progress: November 9, 2021
BC completed: November 12, 2021
Test Invite : December 31, 2021.

thanks for your help!
Strange they are giving just one day to give the test, first I have heard.
Could be an issue with the tracker that they didn't fully update it.

Maybe they changed their process and you only get one day for the test rather than them waiting for people to give a test any time of the day within the period.

Reactions: Rkk92

Rkk92

Jun 27, 2021
Strange they are giving just one day to give the test, first I have heard.
Could be an issue with the tracker that they didn't fully update it.

Maybe they changed their process and you only get one day for the test rather than them waiting for people to give a test any time of the day within the period.
I just called IRCC and asked them why i only have one day to give the test?
They told me that IRCC will start inviting people to give test In person (like before Covid). I checked my Notifications on tracker and yes they didn’t mention the online word. And they told me that Instructions will be explained in the email.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I just called IRCC and asked them why i only have one day to give the test?
They told me that IRCC will start inviting people to give test In person (like before Covid). I checked my Notifications on tracker and yes they didn’t mention the online word. And they told me that Instructions will be explained in the email.
Wow, that's a huge call from IRCC especially with the current Omicron situation. Of course, there a few questions that comes to mind e.g. Is vaccine going to be mandatory to take the test? And as a corollary to the first question, will there still be capacity limits even if all test-takers have been fully vaccinated?

All in all, I am happy with this as it gets rid of issues like people wondering if they closed other tabs before accessing the test link, or if their ID photograph is not blurry and other mundane issues associated with the online test.

Plus, there is the added benefit of going back to the pre-COVID era of "Decision Made" immediately after the test/interview rather a half-year long wait between each process.

Good times ahead. I am excited.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Did he/she got a Fingerprint request or a RQ? Wondering why the delay, while others getting processed normally.
Nothing after that there is no specific pattern.
Did he/she got a Fingerprint request or a RQ? Wondering why the delay, while others getting processed normally.
Nothing till now. There are people from 2020 waiting for tests. I guess they have certain parameters to check and complete before calling for tests. don't see any specific pattern

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have two notifications :
- Dec 22, 2021: Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
- Dec 31, 2021: you’ve been scheduled to take citizenship test on December 31, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent you.

I thought that we have a 3 weeks window to take the test, why are they specifying Dec 31 to take the test ?
Do you know how long it takes to receive the test invitation email?

my timeline:
Type: paper application ( single )
Delivered: June 28, 2021
AOR: October 1, 2021
In Progress: November 9, 2021
BC completed: November 12, 2021
Test Invite : December 31, 2021.

thanks for your help!
Relax. It is still online test. I received that notification as well to take test on 17th dec as one day thing. It is not. It is essentially saying you are eligible to take a test from 17th Dec, 2021 onwards upto 3 weeks. That 3 weeks period you will receive in email with a attached document.

Don't know why others are complicating with replies.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Wow, that's a huge call from IRCC especially with the current Omicron situation. Of course, there a few questions that comes to mind e.g. Is vaccine going to be mandatory to take the test? And as a corollary to the first question, will there still be capacity limits even if all test-takers have been fully vaccinated?

All in all, I am happy with this as it gets rid of issues like people wondering if they closed other tabs before accessing the test link, or if their ID photograph is not blurry and other mundane issues associated with the online test.

Plus, there is the added benefit of going back to the pre-COVID era of "Decision Made" immediately after the test/interview rather a half-year long wait between each process.

Good times ahead. I am excited.
It is still online test. he is getting confused with wordings. I explained it in another comment.

Rkk92

Jun 27, 2021
Relax. It is still online test. I received that notification as well to take test on 17th dec as one day thing. It is not. It is essentially saying you are eligible to take a test from 17th Dec, 2021 onwards upto 3 weeks. That 3 weeks period you will receive in email with a attached document.

Don't know why others are complicating with replies.
Thank you so much! How long it takes to receive that email after getting the Notification in the tracker?

Reactions: Wandering Mind

jitenderakkari

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
5/02/16
AOR Received.
17/03/16
File Transfer...