+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi, I'm currently filling in my citizenship application for Adults (CIT-0002) and have a couple of questions:

Question 12 (SIN/Tax Filing): I have a SIN number and have filed taxes for the last 4 years. However, for section B, the fields for Tax Year are blank, and I'm unable to enter a year. So right now I literally have 4 checkboxes for 'Yes', but no populated Tax Year. Is this a bug, or am I supposed to handwrite the Tax Years here?

Question 14 (Travel documents): I have one passport and one expired passport, both issued by the same country. However, they do not list a "Place of issue". It does however list the authority that issued it (Passport 1 [Municipality where I lived] Passport 2 [Ministry of Foreign Affairs]). Should I leave the "Place of issue" blank, use the issuing authority or enter the location where I actually received my passport (not listed on passport)?

Photocopies of personal identification documents and biographical pages of passports: can I take these with the camera on my phone (sufficient quality so everything is legible) or should I scan them?
My guess is that you have not yet entered "To" date for the question 9.a
Tax Years fields get enabled only after you enter To date.

raomubarak

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Visa Officer RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC, RPRF sent on 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
Added to the spreadsheet
Thank you Rizwan for your support. Please also send us link so that we can add other people as well as see stats of other people.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am filling out my online application for citizenship. I have a question, In the past 5 years, I was an international PhD student for two years of this time. I am not sure when should be the end date of my student status, is that my PhD defense? I defended my PhD in sep. and started my work in Jan of next year, so should i enter unemployed for this duration?
If this is the case, I have a question about the physical calculation form too.

In the physical calculation form:
Should I enter "international student" until the defense date or until my work permit issue date (it was issued four months after my defense, and I had a valid study permit and visa at that time)? And if it is until the defense date, what should I enter for the gap of 4 months between my defense and start of my job (work permit)?

I am so confused, appreciate your help!

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am filling out my online application for citizenship. I have a question, In the past 5 years, I was an international PhD student for two years of this time. I am not sure when should be the end date of my student status, is that my PhD defense? I defended my PhD in sep. and started my work in Jan of next year, so should i enter unemployed for this duration?
If this is the case, I have a question about the physical calculation form too.

In the physical calculation form:
Should I enter "international student" until the defense date or until my work permit issue date (it was issued four months after my defense, and I had a valid study permit and visa at that time)? And if it is until the defense date, what should I enter for the gap of 4 months between my defense and start of my job (work permit)?

I am so confused, appreciate your help!
When did your study permit expire?

Last edited:

sumq

Jun 21, 2021
Please add to the spreadsheet:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1145 days
Application: Family (4)
Application sent: June 16, 2021
Sent using: Canada post (express)
Delivered: June 21, 2021
AOR: Waiting

Reactions: wasiqjaved

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Please add to the spreadsheet:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107 days
Application: 1
Application sent: June 22, 2021

raomubarak

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Visa Officer RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC, RPRF sent on 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Please add to Spreadsheet:

Physical Presence Days: 1367 days
Application: Single (1)
Application sent: June 23, 2021
Sent using: fedEx
Delivered: pending June 24th 2021

adbrahmbhatt

Jun 5, 2017
Hi All,
I have just applied for citizenship canada through online portal. My application is successfully submitted. Now going through this thread I realized that online application will take long time even for AOR. So for my case can I re apply through paper mode? And withdraw my application from online which I already did last week.
Please guide me at your best.
Is it possible to do so or just wait and watch?
Thanks in advance for your support and guidance.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi All,
I have just applied for citizenship canada through online portal. My application is successfully submitted. Now going through this thread I realized that online application will take long time even for AOR. So for my case can I re apply through paper mode? And withdraw my application from online which I already did last week.
Please guide me at your best.
Is it possible to do so or just wait and watch?
Thanks in advance for your support and guidance.
Honestly , it’s not cemented in stone that the online applications are slower or faster . I’ve read about some applicants from December Online apps have finished the process recently, and others who have not. Similarly there are paper applications that get processed within the time frame and others that aren’t. I personally don’t think there is any wrong or right fool proof way to apply these days . One thing to consider with online applications is that it is a new process and I’m sure they have bought special softwares etc for this process ; as someone who works in the software industry and has worked on several different newly implemented systems….there are going to be glitches and slow ups in the first few months of launch BUT we always keep in mind is that the goal of online is efficiency. At some point online app’s will be the way to go but it’s so new right now it can be a hit or miss until things normalize and the kinks are worked out of the system.

sorry for the long winded post.
I submitted an application yesterday via paper.
My 2cents.

Reactions: adbrahmbhatt

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Please add to Spreadsheet:

Physical Presence Days: 1367 days
Application: Single (1)
Application sent: June 23, 2021
Sent using: fedEx
Delivered: June 24th 2021

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has experience the same but Section 15 (language evidence) is completely blocked out in the pdf version that I have of the application form (cit002e; the October 2020 form). If anyone else noticed this, how did you get around it?

Thanks.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has experience the same but Section 15 (language evidence) is completely blocked out in the pdf version that I have of the application form (cit002e; the October 2020 form). If anyone else noticed this, how did you get around it?

Thanks.
Are you using the right version of Adobe?