+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
Yes I did, but check for signature dates validity, passport photo validity and whether a refund was processed.
So we sent the application 2 months ago. (all the signatures dates under 3 months time). No refund was requested or processed. However, the returned application package didn't have the checklist and while printing it back it was found that now the color copies of passports must be included with the application. I attached it and sent it back today. Thanks for your response.

Reactions: husman

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
Out of curiosity, when did they receive your mother's application? And when did they return it? I just want to know what batch of applications they are currently checking for completeness.

Best of luck!!
It was sent in June and they returned in August. Based on my own experience, the AOR roughly takes around 2 months. So, may be we were going to get AOR but now it may be delayed. Good luck !!

Reactions: applicant2021

husman

May 27, 2013
Jeddah
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 21-08-2013 PER Received 27-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014, RPRF Request 23-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014 Meds received 28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014, PCC request 23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
PCC, RPRF, MR Slips, PP sent 10 am 04-03-2014
LANDED..........
Landed on 31st Jan 2015 waiting for PRcard
It was sent in June and they returned in August. Based on my own experience, the AOR roughly takes around 2 months. So, may be we were going to get AOR but now it may be delayed. Good luck !!
Hi there, so do you think we sent the application back in Aug 9, but my application was stamped June 9, will they process as per June 9 or Aug 9 application will I likely get AOR Aug/Sep. Any experience on this?? from previous applicants?

husman

May 27, 2013
Jeddah
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 21-08-2013 PER Received 27-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014, RPRF Request 23-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014 Meds received 28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014, PCC request 23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
PCC, RPRF, MR Slips, PP sent 10 am 04-03-2014
LANDED..........
Landed on 31st Jan 2015 waiting for PRcard
So we sent the application 2 months ago. (all the signatures dates under 3 months time). No refund was requested or processed. However, the returned application package didn't have the checklist and while printing it back it was found that now the color copies of passports must be included with the application. I attached it and sent it back today. Thanks for your response.
I did send colored copies of all documents so didn't do that and yes I added checklist for minor applicant and a cover letter saying Im sending the missing docs alongside the cover letter they sent to me.

Reactions: Concordian777

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
I did send colored copies of all documents so didn't do that and yes I added checklist for minor applicant and a cover letter saying Im sending the missing docs alongside the cover letter they sent to me.
Hi there, so do you think we sent the application back in Aug 9, but my application was stamped June 9, will they process as per June 9 or Aug 9 application will I likely get AOR Aug/Sep. Any experience on this?? from previous applicants?
No idea if they will process it from June 9th but I think we should get some credit from past date. You know why? In the letter that I received, it was mentioned that if your app is returned due to calculator days: consider submitting a new application. In all other cases: it was mentioned that date of signature will be considered as is for calculator timeline.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Thanks!
I think AOR takes around 3 months nowadays (based on May applicants). People who submitted theirs in mid May are now receiving AORs. Good luck!

Aug 25, 2021
Hello,

Me and my wife applied in June 2021 (signed June 9th). They returned our application stating that she does not have enough days to fulfil the physical presence requirement. However we calculated properly taking into account that she has been in Canada as a visitor on and off (staying 6 months and then leaving for 2-3 months then coming back - this is all noted in the passport with stamps and those pages were submitted, she also has plain tickets) from Sept 2016 until Jan 2018 (received her Work Permit then), again the calculation seems correct for me. I might be wrong here and any opinion/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

raomubarak

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Visa Officer RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC, RPRF sent on 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2015
Hello,

Me and my wife applied in June 2021 (signed June 9th). They returned our application stating that she does not have enough days to fulfil the physical presence requirement. However we calculated properly taking into account that she has been in Canada as a visitor on and off (staying 6 months and then leaving for 2-3 months then coming back - this is all noted in the passport with stamps and those pages were submitted, she also has plain tickets) from Sept 2016 until Jan 2018 (received her Work Permit then), again the calculation seems correct for me. I might be wrong here and any opinion/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
I assume, you submitted physical presence calculator? It's a bit difficult to say anything as we dont know how you have calculated. based on your question, can only say one thing that days before PR are considered 50% of the days as physical presence and also there's a cap on total number of that that can be included in overall calculation.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hello,

Thank you!
You need to give us more details. Also, what was her status in Canada before becoming a PR? Did you use the calculator? Also, when did they receive her application and when did they return it?

Aug 25, 2021
You need to give us more details. Also, what was her status in Canada before becoming a PR? Did you use the calculator? Also, when did they receive her application and when did they return it?
Initially she was a visitor (2 periods):
(Sept 2016 - April 2017 - 191 calendar days / #95,5 days)
(June 2017 - December 2017 - 192 calendar days / #96 days)

Temporary worker:
Jan 2018 - March 2019 - 441 calendar days / #220.5 days

Total: 824 days or #412 days (counted towards physical presence)

Permanent resident:
March 2019

Signed citizenship application on June 9th, 2021

Total days of absence during that period is 120.

Total physical presence 1102 days.

Yes, I used the calculator and it was sent along with the applications.

Application was received on June 10th. Returned on Aug 24th (received in the physical mailbox).

Thank you!

Aug 25, 2021
I assume, you submitted physical presence calculator? It's a bit difficult to say anything as we dont know how you have calculated. based on your question, can only say one thing that days before PR are considered 50% of the days as physical presence and also there's a cap on total number of that that can be included in overall calculation.
Yes, I used the calculator which was sent along with the application. I am aware of the cap, however the calculator takes care for it.
Not sure if the rules of the forum are allowing it but I can upload a picture of the calculator for more clarity.

Thanks!

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Initially she was a visitor (2 periods):
(Sept 2016 - April 2017 - 191 calendar days / #95,5 days)
(June 2017 - December 2017 - 192 calendar days / #96 days)

Temporary worker:
Jan 2018 - March 2019 - 441 calendar days / #220.5 days

Total: 824 days or #412 days (counted towards physical presence)

Permanent resident:
March 2019

Signed citizenship application on June 9th, 2021

Total days of absence during that period is 120.

Total physical presence 1102 days.

Yes, I used the calculator and it was sent along with the applications.

Application was received on June 10th. Returned on Aug 24th (received in the physical mailbox).

Thank you!
As per above information she only has 1035 days approx because you can only include max 365 days from your temporary stay not all of it

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Yes, I used the calculator which was sent along with the application. I am aware of the cap, however the calculator takes care for it.
Not sure if the rules of the forum are allowing it but I can upload a picture of the calculator for more clarity.

Thanks!
You can only count up to 365 days as temporary resident. I am surprised the calculator didn't tell you that. She should be eligible soon though. Just resend the application once she is.

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
I'm in the same boat as you.. applied online in Feb, 2021 and got an email last week for 'missing information'. The email asked me to log in to the online application, update and resubmit. Issue was with the application fee document as I uploaded the wrong pdf (I know, stupid of me!).

When I signed in, I could see the entire application back in my account, most of the info and documents I uploaded last time were still there but not everything. I did pay the application fee in Feb so uploaded the correct pdf. In addition to that, the physical presence calculator was removed so had to resubmit that with current date as it would not accept the Feb date (original application date) anymore. The photo I uploaded last time was still there but there was a change in specification for photo and photographer info compared to what it was in Feb, so I changed both of those as well. Made all of these changes the same day and resubmitted.

Feb applicants were still receiving AORs last week so most probably my application was picked for that, an issue was found and thus I got the request over email. It has been a week and I haven't heard back from them, and I think most of Feb applications have already received AORs by now so there's a very high chance that my application is now technically Aug, 2021 application and will be looked at again with Aug applicants.
After the initial burst with few Dec applicants, processing of online application only picked up speed in last few weeks so applications from earlier this year already waited a long time for AOR. Really disappointed that this error (on my part), have further derailed the process for me.