+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
If it's any consolation, IRCC website has a note at the top of the instruction guide -

Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS March 1, 2021 or later must use forms from October 2020 or later (indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.

The form we submitted for the document checklist was dated CIT 0007 (11-2020) E. I guess we should be okay, maybe?!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Now that I look more into the issue of translation, it is even more irritating than I thought:

Translation of documents

You must submit the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
So, not only do we have to supply the translation, but also to certify the (relevant) copies of the original document? So suddenly, now, we have to deal with two additional professionals: translators and whoever can do certification. Because I will be submitting on paper, I will have to obtain hard copies of all these documents. What a f#cking pain in the ass!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Now that I look more into the issue of translation, it is even more irritating than I thought:

Translation of documents

You must submit the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
So, not only do we have to supply the translation, but also to certify the (relevant) copies of the original document? So suddenly, now, we have to deal with two additional professionals: translators and whoever can do certification. Because I will be submitting on paper, I will have to obtain hard copies of all these documents. What a f#cking pain in the ass!!
No, you won't deal with two different people/organizations. Generally, organizations that offer translations provide a package option, its called "Certified translations". You don't have to do them separately - they are done in one go.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
No, you won't deal with two different people/organizations. Generally, organizations that offer translations provide a package option, its called "Certified translations". You don't have to do them separately - they are done in one go.

I understand the 'certified translation" part. I just need to find a certified translator to do that.

But the last bullet refers to "certified copies of the original document". That means the photocopies of the passport – at least the pages to be translated, need to be certified.

amanjain026

Jul 12, 2017
Calgary
Category........
Other
If it's any consolation, IRCC website has a note at the top of the instruction guide -

Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS March 1, 2021 or later must use forms from October 2020 or later (indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.

The form we submitted for the document checklist was dated CIT 0007 (11-2020) E. I guess we should be okay, maybe?!
Hi, I am in the same boat. Signed my application on 2021-06-20 and sent it on the same day. It was delivered on the 24th. I hope the application will take into consideration the signed date and the document checklist that is attached to the application :)

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I'm in the same boat as you @GuyanaGirl . I downloaded, filled and printed the checklist on the 22nd June morning. I can confirm whatever change happened was after 22nd. I really hope they wouldn't return our application due to this reason.
Wow- I knew I wasn’t insane after all. My document checklist is 11-2020 . Did you mail yours out on the 22nd or 23rd ? Let’s all just hope there are no consequences for us .

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi, I am in the same boat. Signed my application on 2021-06-20 and sent it on the same day. It was delivered on the 24th. I hope the application will take into consideration the signed date and the document checklist that is attached to the application :)
Mine was signed 6-23rd and I mailed it out on that date . It arrived the next day on the 24th.
June 2021 thread got really “exciting” really quickly :eek: Thanks cic lol

Reactions: QueenPeaches

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

Now that we are including all passport pages and talking about translations, I have a couple of questions:

1. Would we be required to provide translations of visas even though most visas have English translation next to the text e.g. My Indian Visa has Hindi characters but also has the English translation next to them (like XXXXXX/Surname where XXXXX are the Hindi characters)?

2. Would we be required to provide arrival and departure stamps translations even when you can deduce the "common sense" meaning. For instance, my Turkish entry and exit stamps have "Turkiye Cuhhuriyeti", entry and exit dates with inward and outward facing plane symbol. Would I be required to translate such.

3. Does this requirement of photocopying all passport pages also applies to online application.

This new guideline is such a pain in the rear.

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
Wow- I knew I wasn’t insane after all. My document checklist is 11-2020 . Did you mail yours out on the 22nd or 23rd ? Let’s all just hope there are no consequences for us .
I mailed out on the 22nd, the same day I signed the application. It was delivered yesterday.

rialto187

Jun 17, 2021
Hi, I mailed my application today. My document checklist refers to 11-2020. However, I have enclosed colour photocopies of all documents. I wasn't aware the document checklist version had changed.

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
Mine was signed 6-23rd and I mailed it out on that date . It arrived the next day on the 24th.
June 2021 thread got really “exciting” really quickly :eek: Thanks cic lol
If anyone plans on calling CIC on this matter, please update others as well.
Hi, I mailed my application today. My document checklist refers to 11-2020. However, I have enclosed colour photocopies of all documents. I wasn't aware the document checklist version had changed.
welcome to the club ;)

you were supposed to include the color copies of all the pages in your passport. The current version of the checklist is CIT 0007 (06-2021) E. Not much is different in the previous checklist and the current one except for the requirement about all the pages of the passport.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront

welcome to the club ;)

you were supposed to include the color copies of all the pages in your passport. The current version of the checklist is CIT 0007 (06-2021) E. Not much is different in the previous checklist and the current one except for the requirement about all the pages of the passport.
Not I ! I don’t plan on calling them about it. I’m going to just wait and see what comes of it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rialto187

Jun 17, 2021

welcome to the club ;)

why have they not updated the guide and clearly highlighted this requirement. I am sure lot of people will miss that.

cancan2021

Jun 18, 2021
A Jan 2021 just got test invite. Hopefully it’s our turn by the end of year. Any chance in person test/oath will be resumed early next year? things are picking up

Reactions: Wandering Mind