+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 PR Card Renewals

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello June Applicants, I checked online and its showing

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 24, 2020.
But the status shows as DECISION MADE on main page.

Does it means my application has been rejected ?
Just checked ecas this morning , status now changed to COMPLETE and it says PR card sent by on 28th Sept. I guess mail delivery slow these days so hopefully will get in 10-12 days.

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Hello! My status indicates my card was sent by mail on Sep 30 but I haven’t received it till Oct 14! Is there anything wrong with mailing? Do I need to wait up to 6 weeks to receive my card?

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Just checked ecas this morning , status now changed to COMPLETE and it says PR card sent by on 28th Sept. I guess mail delivery slow these days so hopefully will get in 10-12 days.
Hi! Have you received your card? My card was sent by mail on Sep 30 but I haven’t received it till now!I’m so worried!

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
Yes, usually ECAS gets updated the next day.
Hi again,

It's been a month since I got my AoR and I still didn't get my card. I've sent them a web message and they responded that
"PR card has been approved, but it has been selected to be picked up at an IRCC office.IRCC will message me about the when and where to pick it up in due time." Any idea how long this process takes? I have a job lined up and now waiting for the PR as the only method to verify my status here. Your answer will truly be appreciated.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi again,

It's been a month since I got my AoR and I still didn't get my card. I've sent them a web message and they responded that
"PR card has been approved, but it has been selected to be picked up at an IRCC office.IRCC will message me about the when and where to pick it up in due time." Any idea how long this process takes? I have a job lined up and now waiting for the PR as the only method to verify my status here. Your answer will truly be appreciated.
There was an update in IRCC twitter that the field office are operating with limited capacity. If you are in GTA, then contact the Etobicoke office because that's where you have to pick up your card, I guess.

But it is also mentioned in the notice that IRCC will contact you with appointment details. Try calling IRCC to get more details. I hope you get it very soon. Good luck!

Excerpt from below post:

Permanent residence:
  • IRCC offices in Etobicoke and Montréal are reopening for permanent residence-related services. Clients who require a permanent resident card (PR card) pick up or permanent residence determination (interview to determine the client’s status) will be contacted by email to schedule an appointment.

More details are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
There was an update in IRCC twitter that the field office are operating with limited capacity. If you are in GTA, then contact the Etobicoke office because that's where you have to pick up your card, I guess.

But it is also mentioned in the notice that IRCC will contact you with appointment details. Try calling IRCC to get more details. I hope you get it very soon. Good luck!

Excerpt from below post:

Permanent residence:
  • IRCC offices in Etobicoke and Montréal are reopening for permanent residence-related services. Clients who require a permanent resident card (PR card) pick up or permanent residence determination (interview to determine the client’s status) will be contacted by email to schedule an appointment.

More details are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html
I just spoke to someone from IRCC on the phone after an hour wait, and he was very useless, to be honest. He's like "It might take weeks, months, no one knows". I am trying to find a number for the Montreal office, but it seems like they don't have anyone online.

anamae10

Oct 11, 2020
[/

My application status now is decision made it doesn’t say if approved or rejected, I called IRCC they said that my application was sent in production yesterday. That means it’s approved? I applied for PR card renewal..

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I just spoke to someone from IRCC on the phone after an hour wait, and he was very useless, to be honest. He's like "It might take weeks, months, no one knows". I am trying to find a number for the Montreal office, but it seems like they don't have anyone online.
Does the IRCC office in your area open already? And what is the reason they need you to pick up the PR card at the office?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hey people,

Delivered date: 2020-June-06
AOR date: 2020-09-18
Current Status : Decision made

Does anyone else have a similar status. Nothing changed till now since September 18th for me,

Last edited:

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
Does the IRCC office in your area open already? And what is the reason they need you to pick up the PR card at the office?
Online it does say that the Montreal office is open. As for the reason why they said it's for quality assurance. I was working abroad for a couple of years, and they probably want to make sure that I am back in Canada.

This whole situation is very frustrating, as I have few things depending on me receiving the card (one being a job opportunity). I've tried to explain that in the webforms I've sent, but nothing changed. I don't know what to do anymore, to be honest. If anyone has any tips to give, please send them my way.

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
Hey people,

Does anyone else have a similar status. Nothing changed till now since September 18th for me,
My status is as follow:

Delivered date: 2020-June-11
AOR date: 2020-09-17
Current Status: Decision made

I was told by an IRRC phone agent that my card was approved and sent to the Montreal office as of September 22nd. I am waiting for them to tell me when and where to come to pick it up as I was randomly selected "for an in-person pick up".

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
I called up IRCC last week amd the agent stated that its good I called up cos someone may have messed up and lost the pictures as the status was sent to production but the image is pending.

I called up today as well and today's agent just said that they made a mistake earlier about the status and the application is just delayed due to covid19 situation.

I have a feeling that they misplaced the pictures but recovered them after I called and are just covering things up now.

Last edited:

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hi again,

Hi, can you see that requirement in ECAS or your CIC account? Or you get to know only when you send a web message?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I called up IRCC last week amd the agent stated that its good I called up cos someone may have messed up and lost the pictures as the status was sent to production but the image is pending.

I called up today as well and today's agent just said that they made a mistake earlier about the status and the application is just delayed due to covid19 situation.

I have a feeling that they misplaced the pictures but recovered them after I called and are just covering things up now.
did they tell you when will you get your card? I got my AOR on Nov 5th but still waiting not had changed since then. Should I call them or do a webform? thanks.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hey people,

Hi Did your status move further?
My experience says, after 60 days of Decision made they will process it.