+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Congrats!!! I think I'm same situation with your husband ( I'm in Canada with TRV since this January).
The portal means kind of CoPR?
Yes the portal is for landing you in Canada without entering at a border or in person interview.
Did you send an email to your VO notifying them that you are in Canada?

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
My hubby just received the portal to get his PR card!!
Hi, what do you mean portal? Did you get an email? Also, is this reflected in ECAS?

I have sponsored my wife (Outland App Sent: June 15, 2020. DM: April 13th, Ottawa VO) and she is also in Canada on a study permit, so I am thinking if it will be the same for her.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Reactions: onlymtl

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Yes the portal is for landing you in Canada without entering at a border or in person interview.
Did you send an email to your VO notifying them that you are in Canada?
Thanks for your reply! When we got to Canada this January, I sent the information about our moving to Canada via Web form.
(We'd not got even app No then so there's no choice but sending it via Webform)
I sent about our address update to Beijing office 2 weeks ago, after that my ECAS address is updated to current one.
I think Beijing VO knows I'm already in Canada...But I'm not sure exactly...

Reactions: mandy24

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
I got an ghost update today, nothing has changed on GCKEY so I called IRCC to confirm my status.
The agent told me Criminality is passed, Eligibility check and Security check are in process.
I got surprised cuz she suggested me to call Beijing VO if I wanna know more about my current status and sent me email which tells contact information of Beijing VO. I'm wondering I should try to call or not...

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I got an ghost update today, nothing has changed on GCKEY so I called IRCC to confirm my status.
The agent told me Criminality is passed, Eligibility check and Security check are in process.
I got surprised cuz she suggested me to call Beijing VO if I wanna know more about my current status and sent me email which tells contact information of Beijing VO. I'm wondering I should try to call or not...
Wohoo amazing!!! It’s moving along…

Reactions: jckp

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
my husband got his ECOPR today!!!
Hang in there everyone and I wish you all a speedy process and the best of luck!!
it was an uphill climb for sure- I hope it goes smoothly for all of you!!

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations!! I'm really happy for you and your husband!
If you won't mind, can I ask you when your husband came to Canada?

Kamal. Kang

Dec 15, 2020
Congrats Hope we all will hear good news soon.. My husband’s application is also in Beijing please update if call them as I am also confused if we should call them or not?

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Congratulations!! I'm really happy for you and your husband!
If you won't mind, can I ask you when your husband came to Canada?
He came in on March 6th 2021. Fairly recently:
You should send your vo (the one mentioned on your sponsor approval letter) a webform and remind them that you are in the country and you would like an update.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
He came in on March 6th 2021. Fairly recently:
You should send your vo (the one mentioned on your sponsor approval letter) a webform and remind them that you are in the country and you would like an update.
Thanks! I already updated my current address via Webform of IRCC, and sent message about the update of address to Beijing VO via webform too. I haven't gotten any reply so I'm not sure they already confirmed that or not...
I'm gonna try to send message about that to Beijing vo again just in case! Thanks again!!

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Thanks! I already updated my current address via Webform of IRCC, and sent message about the update of address to Beijing VO via webform too. I haven't gotten any reply so I'm not sure they already confirmed that or not...
I'm gonna try to send message about that to Beijing vo again just in case! Thanks again!!
Is Beijing your vo office? The one listed on the SA letter

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
my husband got his ECOPR today!!!
Hang in there everyone and I wish you all a speedy process and the best of luck!!
it was an uphill climb for sure- I hope it goes smoothly for all of you!!
Congrats! Did you apply originally both outland? If so, did you ever get ADR to prove intent to return? If so, what documents did you provide?

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Is Beijing your vo office? The one listed on the SA letter
Beijing vo is processing my file. SA letter didn't mention which vo is ours, so we called IRCC when "We started processing your file~~" line appeared on my ECAS, then the agent told me my file is in Beijing.