+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Congrats! Did you apply originally both outland? If so, did you ever get ADR to prove intent to return? If so, what documents did you provide?
Thanks. My husbands application was an Outland one but I was already in Canada when we applied. Didn’t need to submit any additional docs or intent to return.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Beijing vo is processing my file. SA letter didn't mention which vo is ours, so we called IRCC when "We started processing your file~~" line appeared on my ECAS, then the agent told me my file is in Beijing.
Oh ok great! My letter had Mexico and even though Beijing was helping I had to communicate with Mexico.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Oh ok great! My letter had Mexico and even though Beijing was helping I had to communicate with Mexico.
I see! Yeah, that's the point I'm wondering actually. Normally, my home country's responsible vo is Manilla according to IRCC website, but I have never gotten anything from Manila vo, so I'm thinking should I send message to Manila vo or I don't need to.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I see! Yeah, that's the point I'm wondering actually. Normally, my home country's responsible vo is Manilla according to IRCC website, but I have never gotten anything from Manila vo, so I'm thinking should I send message to Manila vo or I don't need to.
Send them a message about what?

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I had communicated with Beijing and they responded telling me to let Mexico know that my husband is in Canada. So maybe Beijing is handling your case fully else they would have redirected you to your home branch. But I would send Beijing a reminder if I were you! That you’re in the country.

Last edited:

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
I had communicated with Beijing and they responded telling me to let Mexico know that my husband is in Canada. So maybe Beijing is handling your case fully else they would have redirected you to your home branch. But I would send Beijing a reminder if I were you! That you’re in the country.
Thanks for your advice! I sent message yesterday about that I'm already in Canada since January and mentioned my visitor visa will expire soon (it might be too much tho) via Webform, I hope they will reply me.
You sent message via Webform, right?

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
@jckp Did you end up calling the number you were given for Beijing VO ?
No, not yet. I talked about that with my husband, and decided to call Beijing VO in the end of May if we won't get DM then.
Cuz I have to renew my visitor visa around then, so we're gonna wait and see till then.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
No, not yet. I talked about that with my husband, and decided to call Beijing VO in the end of May if we won't get DM then.
Cuz I have to renew my visitor visa around then, so we're gonna wait and see till then.
Makes sense ! When/If you end up calling, let me know how it goes. We managed to call IRCC today via one of those phone app which gave us a Canadian phone number, to try and get information and, surprise surprise, it was completely useless.

Really hoping you get some good news soon :)

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Makes sense ! When/If you end up calling, let me know how it goes. We managed to call IRCC today via one of those phone app which gave us a Canadian phone number, to try and get information and, surprise surprise, it was completely useless.

Really hoping you get some good news soon :)
Sure! When I call and get some information, I'll share that here!
Thank you @canadianexpat93 ! I hope you get update soon too!

Reactions: canadianexpat93
Oct 22, 2020
Delaware
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Application sent : June 17th 2020
Application received: June 24, 2020
BIL: Nov 24, 2020
AOR: Nov 24, 2020
Medical Request: Dec 24, 2020
Sponsor Approval: Dec 25, 2020
Moved to Ottawa VO: Jan 15, 2021
Medical Passed: Jan 24, 2021
Biometrics Passed: No new request for Biometrics. They considered my 2019 biometrics when i had submitted for canada visitor visa.
ETA for completion of process : Jun 24 2021

Further updates to follow.
Pre-arrival letter received - 13 May
PPR - 21 May 2021

I will be issued the COPR document once i send my document to immigration office in NY USA (Application - outside of canada). Believe they attach a COPR related short term visa so that we can travel to canada (while landing process) and get the necessary documents stamped on the passport. However, my confusion is am i required to send my passport along with other documents they need even though i have a tourist visa to enter canada while landing process ?? The document mentions, if you require a visa to enter canada, then submit your passport. I already have a tourist visa so reckon i do not need to submit my passport with the package i will send to immigration office. Would really appreciate if anyone can confirm this understanding pls. I dont want to miss out sending my passport with other documents to immigration office irrespective of having a tourist visa to enter canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: jckp and 115harman