+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

irekski

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Hi there, I'm from Hong Kong. We are in the middle of the outland sponsorship application process. I'm the husband as Sponsor Wish our two cents would help.

Husband, Sponsor, Canadian Citizen
Wife, Principal Applicant, Hong Kong Citizen
Son, Canadian Citizen along with daddy

DateEvent
2020-06-22​
CPC Sydney received DHL courier package
2020-11-04​
Upon inquiry by Web Form, IRCC replied that they have received our application and will be processed
2021-01-09​
[Wife] Received instruction for Biometrics, along with UCI and Application No.
2021-01-09​
[Wife] Received instruction on obtaining the Police Certificate over non-criminal record
2021-01-11​
[Wife] Received instruction to do medical examination
2021-01-12​
[Husband] Received confirmation by IRCC eligible as becoming a Sponsor
2021-01-12​
[Wife] Visited the Police headquarters to apply for the Police Certificate (Potential delay as Police would only send out the post by sea freight [owing to COVID-19 pandemic] to IRCC)
2021-01-15​
[Wife] Conducted Biometrics at the Canada Visa application center in Hong Kong
2021-01-20​
[Wife] Conducted medical examination
2021-02-05​
Successfully linked online account with the paper application
2021-02-05​
Upon checking the linked account, discovered that Wife has passed the medical examination
Grats it's only a matter of time now :)

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hi there, I'm from Hong Kong. We are in the middle of the outland sponsorship application process. I'm the husband as Sponsor Wish our two cents would help.

Husband, Sponsor, Canadian Citizen
Wife, Principal Applicant, Hong Kong Citizen
Son, Canadian Citizen along with daddy

DateEvent
2020-06-22​
CPC Sydney received DHL courier package
2020-11-04​
Upon inquiry by Web Form, IRCC replied that they have received our application and will be processed
2021-01-09​
[Wife] Received instruction for Biometrics, along with UCI and Application No.
2021-01-09​
[Wife] Received instruction on obtaining the Police Certificate over non-criminal record
2021-01-11​
[Wife] Received instruction to do medical examination
2021-01-12​
[Husband] Received confirmation by IRCC eligible as becoming a Sponsor
2021-01-12​
[Wife] Visited the Police headquarters to apply for the Police Certificate (Potential delay as Police would only send out the post by sea freight [owing to COVID-19 pandemic] to IRCC)
2021-01-15​
[Wife] Conducted Biometrics at the Canada Visa application center in Hong Kong
2021-01-20​
[Wife] Conducted medical examination
2021-02-05​
Successfully linked online account with the paper application
2021-02-05​
Upon checking the linked account, discovered that Wife has passed the medical examination
Mine went to HK as well. My wife is from China. We are also June apps. Is your application now in HK? We received AOR2 and its now in process mode in HK.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
I have received official confirmation of SA today. However, in the email they have not mentioned the Visa office where the file will be processed. It is written like this

"The application will be forwarded to Visa office
Visa Office Contact Information"

It seems they forgot to mention the Visa office

Reactions: dw33

irekski

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
I have received official confirmation of SA today. However, in the email they have not mentioned the Visa office where the file will be processed. It is written like this

it usually comes in after a few weeks or not at all

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Maybe they stopped stating a specific office because it seems to be causing controversy for instance mine said Mexico but apparently it’s in Beijing! Again just speculation...
Yes I read in another thread similar thing. I will try to ring then next week to see if agent can provide the VO

Reactions: mandy24

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020

My SA letter doesn't even say that. It doesn't indicate a visa office at all. Is this normal?

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
My SA letter doesn't even say that. It doesn't indicate a visa office at all. Is this normal?
I don't think it's normal. However, I have seen in many threads they have been sending the letter without visa office recently. So maybe they changed some procedure. I will not be worried about it as lot of people are getting letters without visa office

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I don't think it's normal. However, I have seen in many threads they have been sending the letter without visa office recently. So maybe they changed some procedure. I will not be worried about it as lot of people are getting letters without visa office
I'm wondering if they themselves aren't sure to which visa offices they might send applications to, hence the omission.