+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Thanks... absolutely nothing.. when I called them last to update my address the call center said that it was transferred and processing since feb 3rd but seems Beijing hadn’t updated my file. So I have no idea what’s real or not or where it’s at...

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Beijing and Shanghai people havent heard anything for over a month most absolutely.nothing. When was the last you heard it was transferred?

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Beijing and Shanghai people havent heard anything for over a month most absolutely.nothing. When was the last you heard it was transferred?
I believe I updated my address a little over two weeks now and that was the update then. I haven’t had to call since and won’t again. But I do have to send a web form notifying them we he does land here...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
there maybe more delay to it as the VISA office in china was recently discovered as China Government owned and people in ottawa were clueless during the procurement.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-informed-of-chinese-police-link-to-beijing-visa-centre-years/
The visa office and visa application centres are different things. The visa office is effectively an office within the embassy.

For applicants outside China, there should be no interaction with the Beijing visa application centre.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Its interesting, when we got our biometrics done. They told us this is where you will drop off your passport when ppr comes. Theyvsaid they issue the one time entry.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Its interesting, when we got our biometrics done. They told us this is where you will drop off your passport when ppr comes. Theyvsaid they issue the one time entry.
Yes, if you are in China, you will interact with the visa application centre. But for passport submission and processing, it will still be done at the visa office, the visa application centre is mainly doing logistics for that stage.