+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

Nelson 1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2021
It does not really change until you get your PPR.. It's stupid I know...

Never received AOR2 when they moved mine so I'm not so sure I guess it would depend on the VO's specific process.

Note: you may notice at times the status would change from Profile/Application updated and back to submitted again that would mean there was a ghost update. Ghost Updates are usually backend and won't really see any significant changes on the front end or gckey. They say it's when an officer opens your file or a system refresh on your application it's usually a good sign.
So you mean, if i dont see my progression bar for a few days is basically an update taking place? My progression bar has disappeared for 4 days now.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
My bar has gone for a few days too. I dont think that means any kind of update or is considered a ghost update. Can anyone advise me on what it means when time bar is gone? Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My bar has gone for a few days too. I dont think that means any kind of update or is considered a ghost update. Can anyone advise me on what it means when time bar is gone? Thanks
It means they have some system issue that is not generating the progress bar.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I have zero idea on what to expect lol my SA letter says my file is going to Mexico i recently had an address change so called to notify them because I was unable to update the address online using Mexico's webform only to hear my app might be going to Beijing ***totally confused*** lol but apparently the VO's are sharing workload which is great!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have zero idea on what to expect lol my SA letter says my file is going to Mexico i recently had an address change so called to notify them because I was unable to update the address online using Mexico's webform only to hear my app might be going to Beijing ***totally confused*** lol but apparently the VO's are sharing workload.
So far Beijing seems to be place they're sending files instead of to offices that have a backlog.

So hopefully à good sign. But things change too so not one hundred percent it will be faster.

Reactions: mandy24

Nelson 1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2021
I have zero idea on what to expect lol my SA letter says my file is going to Mexico i recently had an address change so called to notify them because I was unable to update the address online using Mexico's webform only to hear my app might be going to Beijing ***totally confused*** lol but apparently the VO's are sharing workload which is great!
Where are you from?

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
So far Beijing seems to be place they're sending files instead of to offices that have a backlog.

So hopefully à good sign. But things change too so not one hundred percent it will be faster.
I have seen some recent comments about that. I'm not going to get excited yet because my app is still at Sydney... will pay it more attention when I actually get transfer email or AOR 2. So for now I had to use Sydney's webform to update my address.

Reactions: armoured

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
so before you guys panic yes I have a sponsorship app in progress but my husband also submitted a request for TRV in 2020... this morning he got PPR for his visa app not sponsorship... I am so happy that I might actually get to see him soon!! I hope this means he is approved for his visa .... fingers crossed....

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
so before you guys panic yes I have a sponsorship app in progress but my husband also submitted a request for TRV in 2020... this morning he got PPR for his visa app not sponsorship... I am so happy that I might actually get to see him soon!! I hope this means he is approved for his visa .... fingers crossed....
Which visa office