caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone received GCMS notes lately? What’s the turnaround time nowadays?

It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you get gcms).

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions if and when extensions are taken

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

There are GCMS providers who are known to operate unsafe website. Safety should be paramount see why https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-aor-join-here.700416/post-9291438

Reactions: vishakha

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Have you guys seen this? I opened the website and looks like IRCC is looking for volunteers to test a new system. It seems to me they are randomly selected people to participate, I opened the below link 4 times and only saw the set of question once strange.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
No
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for testing.
Have you applied to become a Canadian citizen?

Yes
No
Are you still waiting for a decision on your application?
Yes
No
Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes
No
Can you make a video call with the computer or laptop?
Yes
No

It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – CT’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.

Reactions: Daxsis

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Have you guys seen this? I opened the website and looks like IRCC is looking for volunteers to test a new system. It seems to me they are randomly selected people to participate, I opened the below link 4 times and only saw the set of question once strange.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
No
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for testing.
Have you applied to become a Canadian citizen?

Yes
No
Are you still waiting for a decision on your application?
Yes
No
Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes
No
Can you make a video call with the computer or laptop?
Yes
No

It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – CT’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you.
I just sent them an email. Saw a popup on the first opening. Is it only for those who are waiting for the decision or even for those who are waiting for the test?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I just sent them an email. Saw a popup on the first opening. Is it only for those who are waiting for the decision or even for those who are waiting for the test?
I have no idea but as long as your status isn't decision made, from AOR to the test and interview you are still waiting for decision to be made on your application in theory you can email them.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
IRCC just changed the check status application, you need to create an account now you can see more information under your check status account. I was able to see that my residency check, languages and prohibitions are in process while my background checks are done. They are giving more detailed informations than it was before.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliChraim

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
IRCC just changed the check status application, you need to create an account now you can see more information under your check status account. I was able to see that my residency check, languages and prohibitions are in process while my background checks are done. They are giving more details informations than it was before.
in ECAS u mean?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Does anyone notice that in the new application tracker they change the receive date to AOR's date? Does this mean that the one year processing time is now from AOR instead of the date the application was received?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Does anyone notice that in the new application tracker they change the receive date to AOR's date? Does this mean that the one year processing time is now from AOR instead of the date the application was received?
Yeah I just checked and noticed this too and was wondering the same.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC just changed the check status application, you need to create an account now you can see more information under your check status account. I was able to see that my residency check, languages and prohibitions are in process while my background checks are done. They are giving more detailed informations than it was before.
Hi,

I checked the status and seeing that all my checks are in progress and nothing is yet completed. Also i am seeing the AOR date is Application file date now. isn't the one year clock starts from original Application file date ?