+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

I checked the status and seeing that all my checks are in progress and nothing is yet completed. Also i am seeing the AOR date is Application file date now. isn't the one year clock starts from original Application file date ?
The website said the processing time starts when we will receive your complete application, right now in their new system the receive date is reflected the AOR's date. So I would conclude that for now on the AOR's date is the time zero for application processing. Notice also their website still show processing time of one year, it will make sense if they move the receive date to AOR's date that will help them meet the one year processing time target for most 2020/2021 applicants, this is just my thinking.

Last edited:

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
The website said the processing time starts when we will receive your complete application, right now in their new system the receive date is reflected the AOR's date. So I would conclude that for now on the AOR's date is the time zero for application processing. Notice also their website still show processing time of one year, it will make sense if they move the receive date to AOR's date that will help them meet the one year processing time target for most 2020/2021 applicants, this is just my thinking.
Das if i still remember you are from Edmonton? What your application shows on new tracking system? Mine shows everything is in process however GCMS which issued on Apr 22 show my app is in transit from stoon to Edmonton, and nothing has started except criminality which shows “passed” and that’s not reflected on new system which shows everything in process!

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Das if i still remember you are from Edmonton? What your application shows on new tracking system? Mine shows everything is in process however GCMS which issued on Apr 22 show my app is in transit from stoon to Edmonton, and nothing has started except criminality which shows “passed” and that’s not reflected on new system which shows everything in process!
Yes I am from Edmonton, language test,prohibitions, physical presence are in progress and background checks completed on Feb 2021.

Reactions: SaskCana

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Did you apply for GCMS after Feb 2021, and is background check reflected there as completed?
No, I didn't but I made a request through my MP's office and he told me the same thing, that was around March and he also said that I was test ready from what IRCC told him. As I applied with my wife and she received FP and still waiting to clear background checks I believe I still need to wait for her to clear BG before I see any update.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Smart way of giving themselves six more months in the processing time and still meet the target.
In the GCMS notes, I also noticed that my due date for all the checks is Nov 4, 2021 which is closer to the one year mark from my AOR date (Nov 9, 2020) than to my application received date (June 2, 2020). So I'm guessing they're using the AOR date for the one year timeline indeed.

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hello, here is my timeline based on new citizenship status on CIC website

Application sent: JUN 26
Application filed: NOV 30
Background verification activity status updated: FEB 22
Citizenship test activity status updated: APRIL 14
Scheduled for citizenship test: APRIL 23
Citizenship test status completed: MAY 05
Interview required: MAY 20

CIC office: Saskatoon,
Application: Single

Language, Physical, Prohibitions: In progress
Background & Test: Completed

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello, here is my timeline based on new citizenship status on CIC website

Application sent: JUN 26
Application filed: NOV 30
Background verification activity status updated: FEB 22
Citizenship test activity status updated: APRIL 14
Scheduled for citizenship test: APRIL 23
Citizenship test status completed: MAY 05
Interview required: MAY 20

CIC office: Saskatoon,
Application: Single

Language, Physical, Prohibitions: In progress
Background & Test: Completed
If you want to be added to the spreadsheet, could you provide your full timeline please? Here is the missing or unclear info
Physical presence days:
App sent date:
App delivered date:
AOR date:
In process date:
Test invite date:
Test date (date test was taken):

Reactions: novascotia27

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi... We received test invite today. Please update the tracker. Thanks.
Congratulations, could you please tell us if you passed language skills, prohibitions and physical presence checks in the new tracker ? just want to see if we don't necessary need to pass all these checks before we receive the test.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, could you please tell us if you passed language skills, prohibitions and physical presence checks in the new tracker ? just want to see if we don't necessary need to pass all these checks before we receive the test.
I think background checks should be cleared