JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
What's that way? I don't think you can force anything when it comes to IRCC. Maybe you're thinking of requesting a reply by involving an MP but even that doesn't help. They'll give the exact same answer as you get through webforms/calls .
I think @PlUrb meant "A writ of mandamus" to be filed in Judicial Court against IRCC/Visa Officer processing the file. There are many posts available on this forum where users have asked about this law, and some webpages on this on various websites. I believe if one's considering this option, the applicant would need advise from an experienced immigration lawyer to know if their situation can make a strong and compelling case under this law.

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
I heard there is a way that you can force an agency to give you an answer if said agency has gone over the allotted time for a particular process, in our case, our applications. Has anyone ever done this before?
I don't see how that will make an difference until (a) they reach their vaccination targets (b) they can deal with the backlogs according to their processing capacity (c) whether applicants are in a country with variants. Maybe you could force them to give you an answer and they would say sure, you're approved, see you when the borders open.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I feel the exact same way. That the officer either quit or retired and my application is now just stuck somewhere in the system and it's not alloted to anyone. Atleast you know your application is approved. Since getting GCMS notes doesn't speed up the process, I didn't get them. And now I'm too anxious to get them. Idk. My anxiety is off the charts and it's affecting everything in my life.
I honestly don't know if it is good to know that all pass and stuck on final approval for 8 months...
No, getting GCMS notes does not do anything. I even didn't want it, but because it took a ridiculously long amount of time, and one of my friends who is a Canadian PR wanted me to get one because he thought there should be some problem that we don't know but can see from GCMS note. It almost cost nothing, took exactly 29 days, and we confirmed that it's just stuck, no reason is given.
In one of the webforms, I said the same thing that you are saying. I said that it's affecting my sleep. I try not to think about it, and sometimes I can't help myself. Like everyone says here, my family's life is suspended.

WolverineWM

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
I think @PlUrb meant "A writ of mandamus" to be filed in Judicial Court against IRCC/Visa Officer processing the file. There are many posts available on this forum where users have asked about this law, and some webpages on this on various websites. I believe if one's considering this option, the applicant would need advise from an experienced immigration lawyer to know if their situation can make a strong and compelling case under this law.
Ohh. Thank you for sharing that. I didn't know. Sorry. But wouldn't that also mean that they will be keenly examining the application and it might piss them off?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
So after reviewing my medicals they requested a new medical for my Outland dependent. The wheel is turning guys
Only turning for some guys. My wheel is rusted. AOR May 16 2020. Medical expired May 22, still waiting for news. CEC inland with Inland dependents

• Sad
Reactions: ibh

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
True, mine as well. Medical expired on Apr/24. The wheel seems broken for me.
They’ve announced a medical exemption for inland applicants. Not sure how this affects those of us with expired medicals.

I’d imagine an officer still needs to go into the file to approve the exemptions, just like for biometrics.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
They’ve announced a medical exemption for inland applicants. Not sure how this affects those of us with expired medicals.

I’d imagine an officer still needs to go into the file to approve the exemptions, just like for biometrics.
Yeah. Just like bio exemption. Announcing is different from getting the officers to update.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020

Yeah, now with this medical exemption policy the assigned officer should be able to extend the medicals, however, not sure when they are going to start working on our files again. Broken wheels all around.

WolverineWM

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Medical for my Outland dependent, not for me. But today I got additional request for documents. So the process is definitely has started. Just all the documents they requested will be hard to get
Are you comfortable saying what kind of documents? Is it something new? And yours or your dependent's? Well I hope they give you time to get those.

Julzzzz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Are you comfortable saying what kind of documents? Is it something new? And yours or your dependent's? Well I hope they give you time to get those.
Oh sure, at 9am I got a request for a medical test for my Outland child.
At 2pm got a request for a Police certificate from UK (where I lived over 10 years ago) and Custody documents. Police check -they have a link to an official UK website, I’ll just go from there. But custody documents is a harder case, as in my home country if sorted out our custody amicably you don’t need anything from the Court. Here we both will write support letters, get a letter from notary office and AGAIN fill out the IMM 5604 form (even though it was submitted last year already)

Reactions: WolverineWM