+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

I have never done this form myself; however, when I glanced at this form, I realized that this is one of those types of forms where you actually need to print, sign with a blue pen and scan to upload.
Please, be careful where you are signing; I have a friend who signed a different form, everywhere where "Signature" written, and that was bad (incorrectly filled form).
Hello,

I contacted IRCC based on the advice you and @legalfalcon provided, but the agent also did not know what PhD kit means. Anyhow, I retranslated my bachelor, master and PhD degree this time inside Canada and submitted them together with some explanation about the research I have done. I submitted the requested files yesterday, and today I received a new request. I do not know whether this is a new request or not? I guess my PhD kit was wrong, and they sent me this to fill out. Can you please help me what the following means?

Dear Morteza Karimzadeh Younjali, Thank you for your interest in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Education diplomas/degrees: Please provide a filled out Information for Students form. Please complete the form fully with information concerning any current and past studies.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete. Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

Instruction for the requested files are as follows:

Trade/apprenticeship

• Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
  • Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
  • Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
Ph.D.

• This is the highest university degree, usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master's degree before a Ph.D. can be earned.

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

I have never done this form myself; however, when I glanced at this form, I realized that this is one of those types of forms where you actually need to print, sign with a blue pen and scan to upload.
Please, be careful where you are signing; I have a friend who signed a different form, everywhere where "Signature" written, and that was bad (incorrectly filled form).
The very strange thing is that I have sent them two times my degrees with official translations. One was yesterday. This request is completely strange.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

Did they give you some kind of PDF file to fill up or the written request posted above by you is all?
Knowing what you sharing with us, I also don't understand why they keep requesting things you've already provided.
But, if they do it, they considered it important to dive deep into those paper works.

Even if we don't understand why they asking, you should keep supplying them with everything they want, even if ask it 10 times over.
Good luck to you, I hope these are the last few steps in your journey of getting a Canadian PR.

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

Did they give you some kind of PDF file to fill up or the written request posted above by you is all?
Knowing what you sharing with us, I also don't understand why they keep requesting things you've already provided.
But, if they do it, they considered it important to dive deep into those paper works.

Even if we don't understand why they asking, you should keep supplying them with everything they want, even if ask it 10 times over.
Good luck to you, I hope these are the last few steps in your journey of getting a Canadian PR.
No, they have not asked me to fill up a PDF file. I cannot imagine why they do this. I am graduated in the highly prestigious universities in my hometown country, and I have experience of working in various universities as a professional researcher in different universities in Canada. I do not care much about my application at this time, because I have a new position in Sweden and will leave here within 12 days (99%). But, they should not do such things with a scientist. I know why they are asking these things repeatedly. I have criticized them once in my webform due to the delay in the processing of my application. Probably, this is why they are doing this. Thank you again for your response. I will raise a beer for your health.

Reactions: ibh

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
@karimzadeh.morteza@yahoo. - I agree, they should be more clear with their request. I would like to recommend one more thing, try downloading the request letter from different browsers - Chrome, IE, Safari and also try on your phone/Ipad's browser to see if there's any additional form/doc enclosed. The cic portal can be glitchy sometimes. Also, as @ibh has already highlighted, the student information form is usually enclosed with such requests. This link has some discussion on it and the form usually asks for these questions -

Check this post out - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/enclosed-supplementary-information-request-for-students-form.572829/post-8353045

1) Intended, current or past field of study ?

2- Proposed, current or past thesis.

3- Intended, current or past supervisor(s).

4- Supervisor(s) for previous studies

5- List of publication(s) and research papers

6- Source(s) of funding for studies.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or
organisation and in what field of work?

Name of company
:
Duties:
Name of supervisor(s) :

Also another thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supplementary-information-for-student-form.613430/

So if you don't hear anything from IRCC and as you mentioned they haven't provided any forms or any links to a form -> I would recommend you can create a word document with the highlighted info above, sign it and upload it and also attach an LOE explaining this. And you have already provided them with translated degrees and all, so you can also attached those again making a detailed document. This is my recommendation..

Last edited:
Reactions: ibh

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

I contacted IRCC based on the advice you and @legalfalcon provided, but the agent also did not know what PhD kit means. Anyhow, I retranslated my bachelor, master and PhD degree this time inside Canada and submitted them together with some explanation about the research I have done. I submitted the requested files yesterday, and today I received a new request. I do not know whether this is a new request or not? I guess my PhD kit was wrong, and they sent me this to fill out. Can you please help me what the following means?

Dear Morteza Karimzadeh Younjali, Thank you for your interest in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Education diplomas/degrees: Please provide a filled out Information for Students form. Please complete the form fully with information concerning any current and past studies.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account. If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete. Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
I am not sure what your question is/

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
:) Thanks for raising a cold one!

I hope all be good with your application and all the best to you in your future.
I agree with you that what is happening to you probably - vindictive action from IRCC.
Canada has an amazing immigration system, but one "Agent" can make it or break it, at the end of the day. That is why after a lawsuit, a person initially considered by IRCC inadmissible can get a Canadian PR. When we add a human factor to the equation, things get messy and subjective :).
Good luck!

No, they have not asked me to fill up a PDF file. I cannot imagine why they do this. I am graduated in the highly prestigious universities in my hometown country, and I have experience of working in various universities as a professional researcher in different universities in Canada. I do not care much about my application at this time, because I have a new position in Sweden and will leave here within 12 days (99%). But, they should not do such things with a scientist. I know why they are asking these things repeatedly. I have criticized them once in my webform due to the delay in the processing of my application. Probably, this is why they are doing this. Thank you again for your response. I will raise a beer for your health.

Last edited:

Dev@831

Nov 19, 2020
@legalfalcon Hello Sir, i had a question in my mind from a very long time.
My AOR is 21st June 2020 and it is in CEC category, i applied when I was residing in Canada and after 4 months of applying I moved back to my home country. Would the application be considered Inland or outland, and what should i expect as I was been advised by the agent that the final decision is approved. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thankyou

vvee66

May 18, 2021
Most application are delayed. IF you have moved to Canada, make sure ou update your address with IRCC so that IRCC is aware that you are now inland. Most inland applicants are getting COPRs.
thank you for reply, my immigration lawer said the the board service officer would sync my status to IRCC unpon my arrival, so no need take special action...so if i need update my address to IRCC, should I call them or send the webform?

thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hello Sir, i had a question in my mind from a very long time.
My AOR is 21st June 2020 and it is in CEC category, i applied when I was residing in Canada and after 4 months of applying I moved back to my home country. Would the application be considered Inland or outland, and what should i expect as I was been advised by the agent that the final decision is approved. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thankyou
Under the law there is nothing as inland or outland. The only difference is when your application is approved, how the COPR is issued, which differs for applicants in Canada and for those outside.

IF your current address in file is outside Canada, then you will get a PPR and will have to submit your passport (if you are not from a visa exempt country) before a PR visa / COPR can be issued.

If you are in Canada, then you can get a COPR straight away.