Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thank you Legalfalcon, as i understand that info-sharing is also a process to access criminality, should i specifically check again with call agent of info sharing? she did mentioned everything got passed, not sure if it included info sharing?

thank you
Info-sharing is used specifically with Five Country Conference (FCC) countries, i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the U.S, and federal agencies as per the agreements in place. The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:
  • travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;
  • the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;
  • the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

See https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

However, as a process it is different from criminality. Under criminal admissibility, an applicants applying for permanent residence is considered to be criminally inadmissible if the person:

• was convicted of an offence in Canada;
  • was convicted of an offence outside of Canada that is considered a crime in Canada; or
  • committed an act outside of Canada that is considered a crime under the laws of the country where it occurred and would be punishable under Canadian law.

If you see page 2 of your GCMS notes, they are processed differently and tare depicted separately.

Even if info-sharing is not passed, or in progress, other stages will continue to progress. Since for criminality biometrics are required, if your biometrics are not on file, that would be a reason for the delay. Also, once the biometrics are on file, they have to be sent to RCMP and RCMP will revert back to IRCC based on their search.

Seehttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I would like to travel to canada now even if its on TRV. Can someone suggest a way? Should i apply for work permit? I lived there for 5 years and came back last year when work permit expired. Now, it has been 8 months but no update on PR. @legalfalcon, any suggestions on how to travel to canada now?? Can i add the extended family form to my file may be?

If you have a COPR, and your are exempt from travel based on the immediate family or extended family exemption, you can apply for a TRV and travel to Canada.

As regards WP, if you are eligible for a WP, you can sure apply, but just by virtue of applying for a WP would not make you exempt from travel restrictions unlesss you fall under returning worked exemption.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

Reactions: Maulakh

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hey Guys! I just got off from a call to the agent. When asked about if my security has started or not (In the last call a few weeks ago, they told me criminality done, security not started), She said they don't share that information anymore. They will only share if anything at all on the profile. Does anyone have had a similar experience while talking to IRCC Agents recently? Has there been new rules or something?
She said they aren't telling anyone about specifics like BCG checks, Recommended pass, enhanced screening to anyone.
That was probably a not-so-friendly agent! I was able to talk to an agent today, and she told me all the details.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Are any of you getting replies to webforms? last time I got a reply, it took them a whole month. I sent them another webform a month and a few days ago and still nothing. I mean it doesn't really matter now that I was able to talk to an agent and I'm supposed to get GCMS notes a couple weeks from now, but it's really frustrating to not get any sort of acknowledgement for those webforms. Anyway, I think I'm just venting.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
That was probably a not-so-friendly agent! I was able to talk to an agent today, and she told me all the details.
This might help

Due to COVID-19

• we can’t process applications normally and can’t give accurate processing timesfor most types of applications
    • if you contact us, our Client Support Centre agents do not have additional information on processing times
  • we can’t give you more information than what is already available your online account or in the Client Application Status tool

lsmoura

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
26-06-2020
Med's Done....
17-08-2020
You are right! My medical expired on January 17th. I was hoping for the good news, but it is now another delay :( Did you call after your last update and is that what they have told you?
yeah. I called them a couple of weeks ago. The officer needs to either: Extend the current exam or Request a new exam.

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
I could tell she wasn’t friendly at all because if I asked questions (which I didnt know were similar or related) she would interrupt me and just repeat herself. She said I was too insistent when asked about such questions and that at this time they wouldn’t be able to give me any information but I have to only rely on profile updates.

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
I could tell she wasn’t friendly at all because if I asked questions (which I didnt know were similar or related) she would interrupt me and just repeat herself. She said I was too insistent when asked about such questions and that at this time they wouldn’t be able to give me any information but I have to only rely on profile updates.
Infact when asked about Cn pace group she said she has no idea what I was talking about or referring to.

Jun 05

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
@legalfalcon as there is no border landing and I have received my copr in email last week, I have below question.
I have my car exported from USA and imported temporarily to Canada last year while I was on work permit. I need to import my car permanently now.
Should I contact IRCC or CBSA to get details on the process?
Any information that you can provide on this in this COVID situation?
How can I declare goods to follow in this case as I have furniture in USA, planning to bring sometime later when border opens.

Krishna785

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi all, did anyone here received request from cic to submit medical exam again.. as my medical exam was passed in August 2020. But again they requested today

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon do you have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
This is the fate of many applications. If you are outside Canada, many applications have been pit on hold and unless the travel restrictions are eased, your application will be pending since even if the COPR is issued, you are not eligible to travel which would result in the COPR expiring and then your application having to be reopened and a new COPR being generated.

If you see page 1 of your GCMS notes, the status will be open.

Reactions: halu