+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

amex

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
I have been on everything passed for 6 weeks, rang today and still no movement to approval. I have seen people go from everything passed to COPR in 4 weeks, thought i’d let you know my timeline just as its slightly longer atm
Wow, it is really not fair to have everything approved for six weeks with no update.
@legalfalcon you helped us a lot with posts related to each phase processing task and timelines. However, I believe, there is one more question here for everyone.
What is really happening after all the steps pass for an inland applicant?
Isn't that simple for an officer to verify all steps being passed in minutes and just simply give it final approval, then send it local visa office for landing documents? What is happening in these 2 to 6 weeks after everything is being passed. Is there any more assessment?

Last edited:

myfic

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
I got a phone call today from CIC asking details of entry to Canada. They said I'll get a letter in a few days.
AOR June 23
Was approved mid January according to call centre agent.
Still no COPR or approval in online account.

Edit: I can see the approval online now and copr numbers but no PDF.
Many Congrats!!

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
I have been on everything passed for 6 weeks, rang today and still no movement to approval. I have seen people go from everything passed to COPR in 4 weeks, thought i’d let you know my timeline just as its slightly longer atm
I had everything passed on December 9th and got approval in the online account with COPR number on January 23rd, which is 6 weeks. However, Im still waiting for the actual COPR document...Called on Friday and they said they don’t know when I will receive the document

Reactions: sophieannsmith

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Wow, it is really not fair to have everything approved for six weeks with no update.
@legalfalcon you helped us a lot with posts related to each phase processing task and timelines. However, I believe, there is one more question here for everyone.
Isn't that simple for an officer to verify all steps being passed in minutes and just simply give it final approval, then send it local visa office for landing documents? What is happening in these 2 to 6 weeks after everything is being passed. Is there any more assessment?
I know right, but I will remain patient as I know some people are still waiting for background to be cleared etc.

I was really confused because when I first rang I was told my application was in Ottawa and then I asked today and its in Nova Scotia is this normal for office changes @legalfalcon thank you!

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I had everything passed on December 9th and got approval in the online account with COPR number on January 23rd, which is 6 weeks. However, Im still waiting for the actual COPR document...Called on Friday and they said they don’t know when I will receive the document
Thank you for sharing your timeline :) wow its crazy to think you have waited for COPR 6 weeks and now its approved you’re waiting again for the document

• Haha
Reactions: Nousernamesadface

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What is happening only IRCC knows. However, the processing is not as easy as revising forms. There must be some internal memos on processing that are not public yet. Also, even though IRCC has started working, they are not back to their normal pace.

I wish I had the answers. If something is available, I will surely share.

Reactions: amex

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I know right, but I will remain patient as I know some people are still waiting for background to be cleared etc.

I was really confused because when I first rang I was told my application was in Ottawa and then I asked today and its in Nova Scotia is this normal for office changes @legalfalcon thank you!
Very normal. Application are transferred routinely and Nova Scotia is a IRCC big office.

Last edited:

Mariner007

Feb 1, 2021
If you miss the deadline to submit the passport, send a webform or email to IRCC and inform them that you will not be able to submit the passport within the stipulated 30 days and need extra time and explain the circumstances.

That is all. One you are able to, send the passport. If IRCC needs any additional documents, such as re-meds, they will let you know.
Thank you so much..!

Reactions: legalfalcon