+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys, does anyone know if I am going to talk to the MP about my case, should I find the one in my area or in the area of my IRCC local office? because in my case, I am not living in the area of the local office my case was assigned to.

@legalfalcon, can you please kindly provide some insight? Thanks!
Your area, where YOU live.

Reactions: 03JAN

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I was advised to include my common law partner (with a LoE explaining the situation) despite the fact she is a Canadian citizen. She just moved back to Canada however. Do I need to raise a webform to let them know this?

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
I just talked to an agent and she confirmed that I got a pass on my CEC application!
I was kind of skeptical at first about how giving a call to CIC would make a difference when the online application status shows "in progress" and there's pandemic. I was WRONG! The agent did not only confirm that I got a pass on the things showing "in progress" online but also said my files were transferred to the Visa Office.

AOR: June 21, 2020
Medical Results: August 12, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 15, 2020
Eligibility in progress
Background Check in progress

Give them a call, people. They will literally give you an update as all your applications probably show "100% complete" by now.

Just be nice when you talk to them as they're frustrated working and meeting the standard workflow during the pandemic. They're humans too.
awesome news. Im AOR july 1 and wont be calling them a few weeks from now . theyre probs working on my app.

PS. loved your comment cause of your username. GO RAPTORS! KLOE :p

• Haha
Reactions: KyleLowry7

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
I think we will hear some update soon since the applications are processed in full capacity as per the latest update
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

See Below;

Where we’re at with processing
Last updated: 2021-01-18

Express Entry applications
Canadian Experience Class applications in process

• We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
    • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
  • We have started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020
All other Express Entry applications in process

• We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • We’ll update this when timelines become available.
I hope so. Because it is being a roadblock for my plan. I literally couldn't plan anything.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Ankitbeladiya

Dec 21, 2020
Hello again! Ankit here!

CEC applicant with dependent in outland.

AOR: 29th June
Bio metrics: Gave bio for myself on 2 Nov.
For dependent: submitted same bio which we gave for work permit application.

I received medical request for my spouse today.
She did here medical in march 2020.

I called agent today to know the status of application:

Eligibility: Pass
Security Check: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Background check I dont know, forgot to ask.
Medical: in progress. It was passed before on 18 Aug.

Agent said that once you submit the medical and it passes. Next step will be taking decision on your application.

Question 1: does my spouse need to give Biometrics?

Question 2: What could be my status of my background check. Since I forgot to ask that.

Question 3: I dont know why they requested madical again even though it expires in March.

Question 4: It is always fuzzy for me that when they say eligibility, security and criminality are passed does it mean that it is passed for both me and my spouse or it for only me. How do I know what is the status of my spouse?

Thank you for answering silly questions.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello again! Ankit here!

Agent said that once you submit the medical and it passes. Next step will be taking decision on your application.

Question 2: What could be my status of my background check. Since I forgot to ask that.

Question 3: I dont know why they requested madical again even though it expires in March.

Question 4: It is always fuzzy for me that when they say eligibility, security and criminality are passed does it mean that it is passed for both me and my spouse or it for only me. How do I know what is the status of my spouse?

So my take is they are about to approve the application and want a longer validity on medical so that you can land before COPR expires.
Answer to questions:
1 No
2 yes, security is the last check which you say is passed.
3 read above.
4 its both.

Nov 21, 2020
Hello again! Ankit here!

Q1 - No, doesn't seem like. You can check if her biometrics is still valid here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Q2 - Background = Security + Criminality. Since you said both are passed, I believe it is complete. To be a 100% sure, you could call them again.

Q3 - Because it's about to expire soon.

Q4 - If you pass medical/security/etc. - It means both of you passed and not one person.

Did you give biometrics for work permit previously? I assume your spouse is Inland now?

car9569

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
First, please don't just "wanna go die"...

We're all in the same boat! Mine was Recommended Pass since October 23 and just last week it was changed "pass". I was so happy that I forgot to ask about security and criminality. Check my signature for more on my timeline.

They are working. Sure, some processes are going faster than others, but I can only imagine what the officers are going trough... Did any of them got COVID? Their families? Have they lost anyone? I can only imagine...

Hang in there. Keep healthy. Your time will come.

I'm not "just saying" this. I got rejected on 2020, fixed my mistake and applied again. Of course, my heart dropped when I saw that I was rejected after over 100 days of processing, but the only thing I could do was fix my mistake and move on.

You've applied 3 days after me. You should get a Ghost Update soon!
That sounds very promising. I am on the same boat. My AOR is June 5th, no updates since October for my exempt biometric updates. Hope they start working on my application. I am dying to have some GU.

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Are they avoiding applicants with outland dependents so that they don't travel to Canada?
Yep IRCC had a Twitter post on 8th june saying this and no update since. Since my file has been worked on I'm hoping that they are processing them and just not issuing copr till the borders open

Slinxci

Apr 12, 2018
That sounds very promising. I am on the same boat. My AOR is June 5th, no updates since October for my exempt biometric updates. Hope they start working on my application. I am dying to have some GU.
on same boat, AOR June 3rd 2020, only got 1 email from cic in July 20 2020 said i medical pass, ask for bio, then update bio complete on oct 6 2020. no heard from them anymore. i call them every beginning of the month, but agents did not give me more details.

Reactions: AnnAlex

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
I hope so. Because it is being a roadblock for my plan. I literally couldn't plan anything.
Just out of curiosity, I called an agent today :( - She said My eligibility passed, criminality completed, security hasn't initiated yet.. I am not understanding the process anymore as it has been at this stage for 2 months now.. WHY????

Reactions: Ro66