+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

STEELQ

Dec 31, 2020
Hello @Lymabelian I also have a lawyer representing me. Did you have any clause in your agreement with your representative that you cannot contact IRCC regarding your application? i have in mine and i havent contacted IRCC yet. AOR is June 17th. Will it be of any negative impact on my application if I contact IRCC? Please let me know of your experience. Anyne who has any experience like this, please let me know too. TIA!
You need an application number or UCI number along with your personal details like address, DOB, country of birth to contact IRCC through call. The important thing you need to have in mind is, always speak politely to the people on the other end of the phone, never ever show your frustration to the IRCC agent, and don't pass any unwanted information to them as well. Just ask your status and say thanks. IRCC agent attending your call can make or break your application. Keep that in mind and talk.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
1. In the first half, IRCC did not issue any ITAs for a few months. This is reflected in the number of applications submitted later in 2020. It's a cycle and when the cycle gets disrupted, the effects are not immediate, but are seen over the course of a few months. Also, personal factors are a reason where many applicants may have just deferred immigration due to the uncertainty. Once the 2020 annual report is tabled by IRCC, there will be more details in numbers and charts to evaluate and will give a much better picture.

2. IRCC is trying their best to catch up as the Canadian economy is dependent on immigration. Also, if you see read the transcripts of Parliamentary Committee meeting on the Immigration and Citizenship, where they discussed the impact of COVID, you will see that additional resources have been allocated to IRCC and changes have bene made. So it is a good sign of IRCC adapting.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM
1. IRCC never paused issuing ITAs at any time, they always had at least CIC candidates being invited even in the first half of the year. The second point that you mentioned might really be playing a big part then. People are actually deciding not to apply due to the pandemic? I still find it a bit unbelievable, but can’t think of any other reasons for the low numbers.

2. Yup, certainly a good sign.

Julaika01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
PNP Outland - Waiting

AOR- june 06,2020

As per webform received on December 21,2020 everything is passed
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
1. IRCC never paused issuing ITAs at any time, they always had at least CIC candidates being invited even in the first half of the year. The second point that you mentioned might really be playing a big part then. People are actually deciding not to apply due to the pandemic? I still find it a bit unbelievable, but can’t think of any other reasons for the low numbers.

2. Yup, certainly a good sign.
Between January 2020 and June 25, 2020 there was no draw for FSW, which brings in the maximum amount of applicants each year.

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
PNP Outland - Waiting

AOR- june 06,2020

As per webform received on December 21,2020 everything is passed
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
Same AOR but CEC Inland and only eligibility passed. Good to see somebody is same my AOR passed everything.

Reactions: Julaika01

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Between January 2020 and June 25, 2020 there was no draw for FSW, which brings in the maximum amount of applicants each year.

Yes, but there were PNP/CEC draws during that time with the same total amount that is typically invited between all streams. So I can't see why that's a factor. (Unless the numbers you shared were of FSW applications acceptance and visa approvals only - if that's the case, then it certainly makes sense).

petiterobenoire

May 11, 2020
Yeah... think I will. Am in the US (applied from inside Canada), but still manage to call them :).

The trick is to install a VoIP client (like Zoiper5 in my case), and then connect it to a Canadian VoIP server (voip.ms for me.) May not work forever, but does for now!

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Same AOR but CEC Inland and only eligibility passed. Good to see somebody is same my AOR passed everything.
I think we will hear some update soon since the applications are processed in full capacity as per the latest update
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

See Below;

Where we’re at with processing
Last updated: 2021-01-18

Express Entry applications
Canadian Experience Class applications in process

• We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
    • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
  • We have started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020
All other Express Entry applications in process

• We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • We’ll update this when timelines become available.

03JAN

Sep 2, 2020
Hi Guys, does anyone know if I am going to talk to the MP about my case, should I find the one in my area or in the area of my IRCC local office? because in my case, I am not living in the area of the local office my case was assigned to.

Last edited:

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
You need an application number or UCI number along with your personal details like address, DOB, country of birth to contact IRCC through call. The important thing you need to have in mind is, always speak politely to the people on the other end of the phone, never ever show your frustration to the IRCC agent, and don't pass any unwanted information to them as well. Just ask your status and say thanks. IRCC agent attending your call can make or break your application. Keep that in mind and talk.
Could you please elaborate a bit on this one "IRCC agent attending your call can make or break your application" ?
I agree to the point that the caller should use polite tone, but do they really can put a comment on the file for officer to break the application?

Nov 21, 2020
Could you please elaborate a bit on this one "IRCC agent attending your call can make or break your application" ?
I agree to the point that the caller should use polite tone, but do they really can put a comment on the file for officer to break the application?
I agree. The agent cannot really "break your application". They are customer service and have no say in the decision making process directly.

Although, please do mind that they make notes from every single call so make sure you are talking sense.

KyleLowry7

Jun 22, 2019
I just talked to an agent and she confirmed that I got a pass on my CEC application!
I was kind of skeptical at first about how giving a call to CIC would make a difference when the online application status shows "in progress" and there's pandemic. I was WRONG! The agent did not only confirm that I got a pass on the things showing "in progress" online but also said my files were transferred to the Visa Office.

AOR: June 21, 2020
Medical Results: August 12, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 15, 2020
Eligibility in progress
Background Check in progress

Give them a call, people. They will literally give you an update as all your applications probably show "100% complete" by now.

Just be nice when you talk to them as they're frustrated working and meeting the standard workflow during the pandemic. They're humans too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rhbcc and lsmoura