Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Hi Guys,

I applied for my PR through my lawyer with AOR on June 03 and don't have any update on the profile yet. Moreover, my work permit expires on Feb 20, 2021. Can I apply for BOWP by myself (To be noted, it would be under different file/GCC login as my lawyer wont share the profile of PR) ?? Can I wait till Jan last to apply for the same with a hope of getting PR ? Inputs please !!

Hpssidhu7

Nov 26, 2020
Hi Guys,

I applied for my PR through my lawyer with AOR on June 03 and don't have any update on the profile yet. Moreover, my work permit expires on Feb 20, 2021. Can I apply for BOWP by myself (To be noted, it would be under different file/GCC login as my lawyer wont share the profile of PR) ?? Can I wait till Jan last to apply for the same with a hope of getting PR ? Inputs please !!
Yea you can apply but you need your EE file confirmation letter.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Ask the lawyer to give you the confirmation letter pdf, and you can do the rest on your own.

petiterobenoire

May 11, 2020
I was a bio exempt but after waiting for 2 months for update on profile...I booked appointment and gave biometrics. The day I gave my biometrics ..same day my profile updated. But after one month....they refunded me 85 dollars ..dont know why.
They refunded you the $85 biometrics fee because you're bio exempt, so you didn't need to give biometrics.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I was a bio exempt but after waiting for 2 months for update on profile...I booked appointment and gave biometrics. The day I gave my biometrics ..same day my profile updated. But after one month....they refunded me 85 dollars ..dont know why.
You'll probably be asked to pay the $85 back to them when they review your file before approval since you used the service and was refunded

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

First ask your lawyer to apply for BOWP as it is a part of PR process, so it should be included in your package and it is his duty to keep you in status. Second if he deny then ask for your login details as it is your right to know everything about your file, and apply on your own. I think it will be under same GCC login.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

IMM 175

Sep 10, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-06-2020
Unable to log in to the cic account since this morning, anyone the same?
Same here ... tried different browsers as well
I think the system is down

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Same here ... tried different browsers as well
I think the system is down
I doubt. I tried and works well with me. Had to clear my cache.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Julaika01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hello all I just received my web form after 3 weeks:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Reactions: Amitaaa

adzi113

Nov 20, 2020

• Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Thanks - I feel many of us in the same boat. Simply a case of reduced staff ploughing through our finalized applications. Hopefully a flurry of PR letters for everyone soon!

Reactions: Julaika01

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020

Hi,
Sorry, may be it sounds weird to you
But would you mind telling me what was your question in the web form that you got this reply.
The reason I am asking is, I raised a web form last month but they did not tell me anything in lieu it was just a normal text saying that we are processing, delays because of COVID-19 and all.

Thank you in advance.