Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What about lawyers who previously did my work permit stuff?

Just trying to confirm if I can BOWP completely myself without having to engage lawyers or my employer.
When I read the guide it said my employer had to upload 'new job offer' and pay fee? Before I could do the BOWP.

Thanks for swift reply.
@legalfalcon

Not sure where you are getting that the "employer had to upload 'new job offer' and pay fee".

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/apply.html

If you feel you cannot do it by yourself, then engage a lawyer.

bks2709

Sep 27, 2020
Not sure where you are getting that the "employer had to upload 'new job offer' and pay fee".

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/apply.html

If you feel you cannot do it by yourself, then engage a lawyer.
What about lawyers who previously did my work permit stuff?

Just trying to confirm if I can BOWP completely myself without having to engage lawyers or my employer.
When I read the guide it said my employer had to upload 'new job offer' and pay fee? Before I could do the BOWP.

Thanks for swift reply.
@legalfalcon
I did myself and got the BOWP, at the end you can pay during submission.

adzi113

Nov 20, 2020
I did myself and got the BOWP, at the end you can pay during submission.
Hi, are you on an LMIA exempt work permit as well? the amount of forms 'check list' I have to complete is surprising / frustrating.

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Can I select YES here? I was told by an agent on the phone my eligibility was 'recommend pass' although not updated in my online portal.

Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

Last edited:

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Called CIC, agent told me everything passed except security, which is not even started... they asked me and my wife for CV and student form last week which I provided the day after. Why isn't security even started then? Any thoughts are appreciated @legalfalcon .

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Called CIC, agent told me everything passed except security, which is not even started... they asked me and my wife for CV and student form last week which I provided the day after. Why isn't security even started then? Any thoughts are appreciated @legalfalcon .
Security usually starts after eligibility is conclusively passed.

See my previous post on this #2,521

If your eligibility is conclusively passed and security still not started, then it is just a administrative delay and no one has worked on your application.

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I am sure it is nothing to be concerned about. Even in my case security was started a month after my eligibility was passed. But once it was started it only took few days for it to be passed.

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

bks2709

Sep 27, 2020
Any Inland CEC candidate with other outland dependent applicant in India? Have you got appointment or call for biometric in India

Agent47s

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Any Inland CEC candidate with other outland dependent applicant in India? Have you got appointment or call for biometric in India
VFS India is currently only taking Bio for Family Class and Students. It is closed for other categories.

Sawerus

Dec 4, 2020
For your encouragement

Inland with 1 spouse (do not know if cec or fsw)
don't know office

AOR June 18
Medical August 7 (upfront)
Bio October 20 (exempt)
Background November 25
Eligibility December 3
Final decision December 3 with COPR

No call, no gcms, no email, nothing...
no documents in system, just note that it was approved, with document number, travel document number, expiry date

I would say, that we had a complicated application considering that we traveled a lot last 5 years and lived in different countries for more than 6 months, and did a lot of different jobs. Did it without lawyers, just followed the website. So heads up guys, I would say most of June's applications will be done by end of this year. Good luck

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
I just received a request for my GCMS note, it's kinda weird, it was my 1st time request it, @legalfalcon help me on that please, what should I select?

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on November 20, 2020, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning NGxxx, xxx Txxx.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by January 4, 2021, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I just received a request for my GCMS note, it's kinda weird, it was my 1st time request it, @legalfalcon help me on that please, what should I select?

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on November 20, 2020, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning NGxxx, xxx Txxx.

We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Note that your request will remain on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by January 4, 2021, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.
If you want GCMS notes then you choose - The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

If you want a copy of the application and all document submitted to IRCC then you choose - The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Reactions: dactoan.nguyen