+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

adzi113

Nov 20, 2020
Ghost update or 'GU' - forum speak to be honest lol

It's when something on your account profile changes, perhaps wording or biometrics number/date is updated. Not a significant update like one of the steps - in process to complete or request letter for example (which would be accompanied by an official email).

It's a belief that when an 'agent' apparently logs in or 'touches' your account for whatever reason, mysterious ghost updates happen :eek:o_O:D

Try not to stress over all the details and fear, it's out of our hands. I'm confident they are working as hard as possible to get our applications finalized ASAP.

Varunsharma19

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Ghost update or 'GU' - forum speak to be honest lol

It's when something on your account profile changes, perhaps wording or biometrics number/date is updated. Not a significant update like one of the steps - in process to complete or request letter for example (which would be accompanied by an official email).

It's a belief that when an 'agent' apparently logs in or 'touches' your account for whatever reason, mysterious ghost updates happen :eek:o_O:D

Try not to stress over all the details and fear, it's out of our hands. I'm confident they are working as hard as possible to get our applications finalized ASAP.
Thanks

Julaika01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
I just had a ghost too. Maybe they are working in June. I ordered my GCMS on October 26 so just waiting..... but below my timeline according to the webform from IRCC

PNP Outland
AOR June 06
Medical Passed
Biometrics done
Criminality Passed
Eligibility Passed

kevin.ottawa

Nov 5, 2020
What does it mean by saying as "it is at the bottom of the waiting queue" ? Does it mean as those who submitted CEC with dependents application will take forever then .. :(
It’s just my observation and guess... if applications are straight and no additional docs required, PNP seems to get highest priority, outland gets faster than inland. Currently, IRCC has a huge backlog with a few working staff.. so, priority is matter. I don’t believe the real process of background check will take that long... my background status has not changed at all for last 2 months.

Reactions: AnnAlex

Varunsharma19

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I just had a ghost too. Maybe they are working in June. I ordered my GCMS on October 26 so just waiting..... but below my timeline according to the webform from IRCC

PNP Outland
AOR June 06
Medical Passed
Biometrics done
Criminality Passed
Eligibility Passed
What I have to Wright in web form to get a reply same like that from CIC ? Can you send me what you wrote in your web form thanks

Preet53

Nov 19, 2020
Hi everyone, wanted to share my progress. I feel many of us in similar situation. I am biometrics exempt as per latest policy, provided biometrics within the last 10 years.

June 20th AOR - currently living / working in Canada on a work permit ('in land applicant').

I had biometrics request and criminal record check letters / messages on August 11th. I submitted criminal record check a few days later.

The ONLY updates I have had to my profile is:

11th August - medical passed

19th August - reviewing additional documents provided

I did notice my biometrics number and date was updated since, but still says not received biometrics on profile status page.

Nothing in my profile has been updated since 19th August (3 months ago) process wise, although I did notice 'application status' terminology/wording did change from what it said before. It used to say something like, 'you might not hear from us for awhile, this is normal'.

I'm now at 30 days remaining on the 6 month timeline.

From what I can tell, looking at status in the profile does not necessarily reflect where things 'really are' in the background. I have seen some people get their PR and never had updates like me. Others on the other hand did get updates in their profiles.

Hang in there be positive, as frustrating as it might be sometimes.

Good luck
Same here... same dates, same case of bio exemption and same updates . 30 days timeline left but still not received anything new.