+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
I just recognized that I served in military in my back-home, so it may take longer than usual to verify my criminality. Does anyone has a same situation?

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Wonder if there will be any impact on processing inland applications if another lockdown for Ontario will be imposed today. I was hoping to get COPR by the end of this year

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
When I am calling CIC today that automated annoying lady does not tell my application status it just says your application was received on June 10th and then it says to serve you better we will now transfer your call to next available agent and then says high volume of calls blaa blaa blaa. It doesn’t tell anything about background eligibility etc which it usually does. Anybody else experienced this?

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
When I am calling CIC today that automated annoying lady does not tell my application status it just says your application was received on June 10th and then it says to serve you better we will now transfer your call to next available agent and then says high volume of calls blaa blaa blaa. It doesn’t tell anything about background eligibility etc which it usually does. Anybody else experienced this?
I can’t connect to agent as well, tried multiple times yesterday and today. Looks like everyone is calling to get just a little bit of hope things will move along soon, so the volume of calls is truly high

adzi113

Nov 20, 2020
Hi everyone, wanted to share my progress. I feel many of us in similar situation. I am biometrics exempt as per latest policy, provided biometrics within the last 10 years.

June 20th AOR - currently living / working in Canada on a work permit ('in land applicant').

I had biometrics request and criminal record check letters / messages on August 11th. I submitted criminal record check a few days later.

The ONLY updates I have had to my profile is:

11th August - medical passed

19th August - reviewing additional documents provided

I did notice my biometrics number and date was updated since, but still says not received biometrics on profile status page.

Nothing in my profile has been updated since 19th August (3 months ago) process wise, although I did notice 'application status' terminology/wording did change from what it said before. It used to say something like, 'you might not hear from us for awhile, this is normal'.

I'm now at 30 days remaining on the 6 month timeline.

From what I can tell, looking at status in the profile does not necessarily reflect where things 'really are' in the background. I have seen some people get their PR and never had updates like me. Others on the other hand did get updates in their profiles.

Hang in there be positive, as frustrating as it might be sometimes.

Good luck

sunny_1994

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone, wanted to share my progress. I feel many of us in similar situation. I am biometrics exempt as per latest policy, provided biometrics within the last 10 years.

June 20th AOR - currently living / working in Canada on a work permit ('in land applicant').

I had biometrics request and criminal record check letters / messages on August 11th. I submitted criminal record check a few days later.

The ONLY updates I have had to my profile is:

11th August - medical passed

19th August - reviewing additional documents provided

I did notice my biometrics number and date was updated since, but still says not received biometrics on profile status page.

Nothing in my profile has been updated since 19th August (3 months ago) process wise, although I did notice 'application status' terminology/wording did change from what it said before. It used to say something like, 'you might not hear from us for awhile, this is normal'.

I'm now at 30 days remaining on the 6 month timeline.

From what I can tell, looking at status in the profile does not necessarily reflect where things 'really are' in the background. I have seen some people get their PR and never had updates like me. Others on the other hand did get updates in their profiles.

Hang in there be positive, as frustrating as it might be sometimes.
Same here.....

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I can’t connect to agent as well, tried multiple times yesterday and today. Looks like everyone is calling to get just a little bit of hope things will move along soon, so the volume of calls is truly high
Yeah but the problem is my file is handled by a representative and I don’t wanna bother them every other day to check for updates so I just call IRCC and listen to automated status update (not trying to contact ircc agent) but that automated msg is not telling anything today just the submission date.

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah but the problem is my file is handled by a representative and I don’t wanna bother them every other day to check for updates so I just call IRCC and listen to automated status update (not trying to contact ircc agent) but that automated msg is not telling anything today just the submission date.
I called 3 times today. 1 time I only heard the submission date,as you mentioned, and 2 times it was the regular automated message.

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I called 3 times today. 1 time I only heard the submission date,as you mentioned, and 2 times it was the regular automated message.
Called 3 times, only submission date. I was being very optimistic that may be it is a sign of application approved that’s why there’s no further update but I guess I am wrong.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I just recognized that I served in military in my back-home, so it may take longer than usual to verify my criminality. Does anyone has a same situation?
That should fall under security, not criminality. As long as your police certs are fine, criminality is usually quite swift (once they actually start it, of course). We might be in the same queue. If you received GCMS notes, perhaps we can compare our timelines by private message. For all we know it could be the same agent processing it...

Reactions: dactoan.nguyen