+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

meteorseven

Aug 7, 2020
Hi,
From the message that appears on my profile, I am in IP2 stage.
Could you share what is being reviewed in that stage and what has passed prior to that stage?

Thanks
It's more likely that your background check has started. I got a ghost update a week ago. Generally, it is believed that 20-30 after the IP2 stage you would get the golden email but since you are CEC inland then straight to COPR.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
It's more likely that your background check has started. I got a ghost update a week ago. Generally, it is believed that 20-30 after the IP2 stage you would get the golden email but since you are CEC inland then straight to COPR.
Thanks for your response.

I have been in that stage since Aug hence a bit concerned.. also I am PNP Outland.. what’s your take for PNP Outland processing at this moment? Did you mean usually 20-30 days after IP2 stage one gets the golden email for PPR?

car9569

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
May I ask how many days between case analyst review and officer passing eligibility? Also are you CEC?
I checked the notes:
note 3 (Operations Support Centre)program assistant: July 27th they started eligibility assessment. It also says R10 OK recommendation: pass criminality
note 2 (CPC Ottawa) case analyst: Sep 23rd it says recommend pass for eligibility
note 1: Oct 15th biometric (I am exempt)

In actual assessment, it says eligibility "passed", criminality "in progress", security "not started". There are no notes on actual officer passing eligibility. So is my eligibility passed or recommended pass?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nousernamesadface

swtcici

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
is it very possible to order a GCMS note? I am under background check now.. curious about how long does it take from Biometrics done to COPR

Agent47s

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
I checked the notes:
note 3 (Operations Support Centre)program assistant: July 27th they started eligibility assessment. It also says R10 OK recommendation: pass criminality
note 2 (CPC Ottawa) case analyst: Sep 23rd it says recommend pass for eligibility

In actual assessment, it says eligibility "passed", criminality "in progress", security "not started". There are no notes on actual officer passing eligibility. So is my eligibility passed or recommended pass?
It looks like it. I think, we must see **Officer's Notes** to conclusively pass eligibility, until then it will be recommended passed. Either way it is a good sign. 99% of the time, officers stays with the recommended opinion.

When did your notes get generated? Look at the page footer to see date generated. If it has passed more than a month since then, you could order another set to see if any progress has been made.

Thanks!

car9569

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
It looks like it. I think, we must see **Officer's Notes** to conclusively pass eligibility, until then it will be recommended passed. Either way it is a good sign. 99% of the time, officers stays with the recommended opinion.

When did your notes get generated? Look at the page footer to see date generated. If it has passed more than a month since then, you could order another set to see if any progress has been made.

Thanks!
I was thoroughly reading my GCMS notes, and in application section it says eligibility changed from "recommended pass" to "pass" but you are right there is no "officer's notes" about it.

My note was generated on Oct 22nd, I applied mine on Oct 15th.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Kind of down cos still haven't received a call for biometrics for my child. I'm exempt. AOR June 16, Greater Vancouver area.
I'm in the same situation. AOR May 16. GVA too. Have not received a call for my son. I'm exempt and bio shows completed Oct 13. Seems IRCC might not have forwarded his details to SC. Is your application also showing bio completed?

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
I'm in the same situation. AOR May 16. GVA too. Have not received a call for my son. I'm exempt and bio shows completed Oct 13. Seems IRCC might not have forwarded his details to SC. Is your application also showing bio completed?
The biometrics fields is populated with information from when I gave biometrics for my work permit in Jan of this year but it does not say completed unfortunately. My worry is the same as yours - that somehow they might not have forwarded the information to Service Canada. I sent a web form asking for a confirmation whether they had indeed forwarded a biometrics request for my daughter. Will update you once I hear from them. Good luck.

Reactions: ForUs2020

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I was thoroughly reading my GCMS notes, and in application section it says eligibility changed from "recommended pass" to "pass" but you are right there is no "officer's notes" about it.

My note was generated on Oct 22nd, I applied mine on Oct 15th.
How many days after changing into rec passed did it change to passed?

sangili

Oct 28, 2020
I checked the notes:

We are almost the same in everything such as the processing center, all the dates, and current status.
My status:
Eligibility: recommended pass
Criminality: in progress
security: not started.
CPC Ottawa.

Let's wait for the great news.

Reactions: veronica_n

manu5

Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have applied under CEC Express Entry.

AOR: June 30, 2020.
Medical Passed: August 26, 2020.
Biometrics Completed on: October 20, 2020
Additional Document under Review: October 28, 2020

Background check: It was "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." Then changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Question: Any idea how long it will take to receive PPR and is it IP1 or IP2 ??

My work permit visa is about to expire, really appreciate your help with this!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have applied under CEC Express Entry.

AOR: June 30, 2020.
Medical Passed: August 26, 2020.
Biometrics Completed on: October 20, 2020
Additional Document under Review: October 28, 2020

Background check: It was "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." Then changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Question: Any idea how long it will take to receive PPR and is it IP1 or IP2 ??

My work permit visa is about to expire, really appreciate your help with this!
These IP stages no longer mean anything, read the first page of this post for details.
The solution of an expiring work permit is not waiting for the PR, you should apply for bowp.