17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How much time it usually takes these days after bio updates? @legalfalcon
The biometrics is not a stage and not having biometrics does not keep your file on hold. Only your criminality will show in progress unless the biometrics are on provided.

If you have given your biometrics, your application will progress as usual and what matters is that all stages are passed.

All application go through the following:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

To read on the stages see https://bit.ly/37xdM7J

The average processing time for an application is 8-9 months.

IRCC website does state that the the average processing time is 6 months, and the 6 months processing time starts when the R10 (completeness check) is passed. However, in the IRCC annual report for the year ending 2019 submitted to the parliament the average processing time was 9 months for FSW and 7 months for CEC.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>
How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558

Reactions: RajathaBS

Bali01

Dec 19, 2019
Hi called ircc today and agent told everything is passed ,only criminality check is left and is in progress.bio metric updated on 17oct 2020 (exempted) aor june 2 .
Does criminality occur after security check ? And how soon i can get copr? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi called ircc today and agent told everything is passed ,only criminality check is left and is in progress.bio metric updated on 17oct 2020 (exempted) aor june 2 .
Does criminality occur after security check ? And how soon i can get copr? @legalfalcon
For most the criminality is done early in the processing along with R10 as it is based on PCC and biometric. However, for inland applicants and for those whose biometrics are pending, it will continue to show in progress until the RCMP PCC is provided if asked, and the biometrics are on file.

Security is entirely different and is done only after the eligibility is passed. To read on the stages of an EE application see https://bit.ly/3e1YIQV

To read on security and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/2HxMLG7

If all stages have passed, you should receive the PPR soon. What does you GCMS notes / webform response says?

Bali01

Dec 19, 2019
I did not order notes neither sent a webform. I called today after my biometric was updated. Well just want to let you know that i was having pcc from india and rcmp done in dec 2019 for paper based application but later on i used it for EE too . So i upload that along with my file submission . I have a question that Is pcc (rcmp and indian)valid for 6month and if we apply within 6 month we dont need to provide another right? @legalfalcon

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I did not order notes neither sent a webform. I called today after my biometric was updated. Well just want to let you know that i was having pcc from india and rcmp done in dec 2019 for paper based application but later on i used it for EE too . So i upload that along with my file submission . I have a question that Is pcc (rcmp and indian)valid for 6month and if we apply within 6 month we dont need to provide another right? @legalfalcon
Yes, you are correct, however, IRCC can ask for an updated document if required. As per IRCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
If your PCC meets the above, you are all good.

Bali01

Dec 19, 2019
Hmm seems like copr is on the way . Thanks for information .i was just curious because i read that criminality start and get clear before security.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hmm seems like copr is on the way . Thanks for information .i was just curious because i read that criminality start and get clear before security.
As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act there is no mandated chronology for the stages. However, logically there flow as:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

The reason being that at R10, it is an applicant's absolute responsibility to file a completed application. If the application is incomplete without explanation, it will be rejected. This is why R10 is the first step followed by criminality which is based largely on PCC and internal checks, and medicals. Since eligibility is the most time consuming stage, where each document is individually verified, if an application is inadmissible for completeness, criminality or medicals there is no point to initiate eligibility.

Finally security is the last stage, which can involve CBSA / CSIS and other agencies, it is the final step.

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act there is no mandated chronology for the stages. However, logically there flow as:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

The reason being that at R10, it is an applicant's absolute responsibility to file a completed application. If the application is incomplete without explanation, it will be rejected. This is why R10 is the first step followed by criminality which is based largely on PCC and internal checks, and medicals. Since eligibility is the most time consuming stage, where each document is individually verified, if an application is inadmissible for completeness, criminality or medicals there is no point to initiate eligibility.

Finally security is the last stage, which can involve CBSA / CSIS and other agencies, it is the final step.
Hi @legalfalcon,

Would you mind helping with my concern? when I provided my biometrics at VAC on 13 Aug 2020, the officer told me that it was unable to take my fingerprints after several attempts because I have too thin skin, I was so worried. Up to now, I haven't received any request from IRCC to re-take it. Would my criminality not be passed because of this blurred fingerprints?

Thank you very much for your response.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Would you mind helping with my concern? when I provided my biometrics at VAC on 13 Aug 2020, the officer told me that it was unable to take my fingerprints after several attempts because I have too thin skin, I was so worried. Up to now, I haven't received any request from IRCC to re-take it. Would my criminality not be passed because of this blurred fingerprints?

Thank you very much for your response.
Sure. IRCC has already put in place rules and procedure on how to go about when the biometrics cannot be captured due to a physical ailment or any other impairment. It will have to be determined if the condition is temporary or permanent and based on that the following procedure will be followed:

Temporary injuries and conditions
Temporary injuries and conditions are any physical state that interferes with fingerprinting or photographing but is expected to be resolved by the passage of time. Examples include but are not limited to the following:

• bandages due to recent surgery or injury
  • cuts
  • scrapes
  • swelling
  • irritations
  • contusions
Instructions for the biometrics enrolment operator
The biometrics enrolment operator must do all of the following:

• question the applicant about the nature, timing and cause of the condition
  • enter a note regarding the nature of the applicant’s injury or condition and its possible cause in the Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS)
  • inform the applicant that it is best to return at a later date to provide biometrics, once the temporary issue is resolved, and that they can contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if they need more than the 30 days allotted in the biometric instruction letter (BIL)
  • inform the applicant that, if they choose to proceed, the IRCC office may require them to resubmit biometrics if there are any issues with quality
If the applicant chooses to proceed with the biometrics collection session, the officer must record the biographic data and capture the best-quality photograph possible and all available fingerprints.

Instructions for the IRCC office (inland and overseas)
The officer must process the application by using the available biometric information and the results of the fingerprint search.

If the IRCC officer decides to repeat the biometrics collection session, once the temporary issue is resolved, then the officer must do the following:

• ask the applicant to resubmit full or partial biometrics, as stated on the applicant’s BIL (done at the IRCC inland office, a VAC, select Service Canada locations, select GAC locations or U.S. ASCs, if warranted)
  • exempt the applicant from the payment of a new biometric fee
Permanent injuries and conditions
Permanent injuries and conditions are any physical state that interferes with fingerprinting or photographing but are not expected to be resolved by the passage of time. Examples include but are not limited to the following:

• missing digits, due to amputation or a birth defect
  • conditions that affect the placement of fingers on the collection device, such as severe chronic arthritis
  • scarring or other damage to the fingertips that results in extremely poor-quality fingerprints, such as heavy calluses, due to manual labour
  • facial scarring, disfigurements or skin conditions that prevent a good-quality photograph from being taken, such as extensive burns
  • other physical conditions that prevent a good-quality photograph from being taken, such as tremors that prevent the applicant from remaining still, resulting in a blurry photograph
Instructions for the biometrics enrolment operator at VACs and GAC locations
The biometrics enrolment operator must do all of the following:

• question the applicant regarding the nature of the condition and its cause
  • enter a note regarding the nature of the applicant’s injury or condition and its possible cause in CIBIDS
  • proceed with biometrics enrolment by capturing the best-quality photograph and fingerprints possible
  • advise the applicant that the IRCC office may contact them for further medical information about the injury or condition
Instructions for the IRCC office (inland and overseas)
The officer must do all of the following:

• document the condition or injury in the Global Case Management System
  • if no further information is required, process the application, using the available biometric information
  • if further information is required, request further information from the applicant about the injury or condition or schedule an interview and collect available biometric information during the interview.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html