+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Awesome news on biometrics. I gave my biometrics for my work permit so I'm exempt. My daughter turned 14 in March so will my security and criminal check be on hold until she has given hers?

Eligible applicants
Foreign nationals are exempt from the biometrics collection requirement whether inside or outside Canada if they have both

• a pending or new application for permanent residence
  • previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application

Last edited:

sbs2

Sep 22, 2020
Any rough estimates on how many people have not given their biometrics previously and are waiting for a call from SC ?

RajathaBS

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Awesome news on biometrics. I gave my biometrics for my work permit so I'm exempt. My daughter turned 14 in March so will my security and criminal check be on hold until she has given hers?

Eligible applicants
Foreign nationals are exempt from the biometrics collection requirement whether inside or outside Canada if they have both

• previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application

So In that case, I was on work permit in Canada so am exempt from Biometric as previous is still valid , but my spouse has to give as she never travelled to Canada. :) Am I right ?

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Any rough estimates on how many people have not given their biometrics previously and are waiting for a call from SC ?
Yes I'm waiting a call from SC, no biometrics were given in the past. AOR June 2nd, hope things speed up now..

Reactions: sbs2

sbs2

Sep 22, 2020
Yes I'm waiting a call from SC, no biometrics were given in the past. AOR June 2nd, hope things speed up now..
My AOR is June 11 and I’m in Ontario,looks like they haven’t started calling people in this province which sucks but fingers crossed they soon do. Also, do you think the majority of people would be exempt or not ( like us) jus trynna do some quick math . Anyways good luck !!

Reactions: kimzg

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
So In that case, I was on work permit in Canada so am exempt from Biometric as previous is still valid , but my spouse has to give as she never travelled to Canada. :) Am I right ?
Yes, To check if you exempt or not just go on your profile and scroll to the end it says there if you have biometrics on file and when they are expiring.

Reactions: RajathaBS

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

Eligible applicants

If anyone from your family received a BIL letter and had not done Biometrics in the past (for any purposes), then that person with the BIL letter has to do it.
Same in our family, one person did it, one not. I guess my application will not move much until every applicant (in my case) will have Biometrics in the file.

I wish, they just roll back the Biometrics Requirements for a time being.

Last edited: