+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hey guys, I just hang off the phone with SC. I got an appointment for my biometrics in Montreal. The lady said they just started calling so they have tons of availability, asked if I was able to go tomorrow or next week, and if my husband was able to go at the same time. Otherwise, he was going to be called and scheduled separately. We are both going tomorrow at 1pm.

AOR - June 20
CEC Inland
BIL- Requested for both applicant and dependent August 12
MEP- August 12

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Hey Guys, I submitted a webform on 10th of Sep to know the progress of my application, however, I haven't heard back yet. I am just wondering how many days does it take to get the reply these days?

Last edited:

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Hey guys, I just hang off the phone with SC. I got an appointment for my biometrics in Montreal. The lady said they just started calling so they have tons of availability, asked if I was able to go tomorrow or next week, and if my husband was able to go at the same time. Otherwise, he was going to be called and scheduled separately. We are both going tomorrow at 1pm.

AOR - June 20
CEC Inland
BIL- Requested for both applicant and dependent August 12
MEP- August 12
Hi There, have you and your husband provided BIO in the past? The reason I asked because IRCC has exempted BIO for PR applicant who has a valid BIO when applied Student or WP

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Hi There, have you and your husband provided BIO in the past? The reason I asked because IRCC has exempted BIO for PR applicant who has a valid BIO when applied Student or WP
There was a couple just finished their biometric appoinment in Halifax. First time submission.

Another member with valid biometric in the past got his/her criminality passed without update in the CIC account.

So IRCC is actually proceeding everything but have not updated in the system. Cheers!

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
No, we entered Canadá 3 years ago before it was mandatory. We did took bios at a private company in OTTAWA last year (I believe that’s a RCMP check) I wasn’t aware of how PR application work and I was trying to get all the police records form our countries and Canada before getting and Invitation to apply.

veronica_n

Star Member
Jun 19, 2020
Contrary to popular belief, not all applicant's get GU, some get 3-5 some not even 1 and get a PPR straight away. Since your AoR is June 2020, it seems like that you are on track and there is no need to worry.

You can send a webform and enquire about the status of your application and later request GCMS notes.

All applications go though the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

R10 is done within 30-45 days. The eligibility is initiated and will see the first recommendation 3-4 months post AoR.

Also remember, the 6 months processing time frame starts after an application has passed R10 and not the AoR.
Is there a way to know if you pass eligibility without calling IRCC? I don’t have any GU either.

sbs2

Sep 22, 2020
For example, I'm an Inland CEC. That means I had 1+ years of experience on my work permit and maybe done some Canadian Education which started 3 +years ago. That situation puts me into the position that I never had to give my Biometrics for Immigration purposes (Canada). Cause even though Biometrics for Visitors, Students and Work visas/permits started in 2018 for foreigners, it only started at the end of 2019 for those who are inside Canada.
Since March 2020 (when Bio.Collection stopped), Canada issued +/-55,000 ITAs. Out of those 34,215 CECs. Even if we say that only 40% of those 55k ITA inland applicants, it will be +/- 22,000 applicants. Some of us have spouses and partners (another person for Biometrics).
The good news is, even though our sample of 384 people out of nearly an estimated 22,000 inland applicants is very small and prone to a mistake, we can cautiously say that around 30% already done Biometrics in the past, that is whooping +/-7,000.
For the rest of us (+/-15,000) - Good Luck, and let's hope that with clear instructions now who have to do Biometrics and who is not, IRCC and Service Canada will up its game and start calling people in Ontario.
Thanks for breaking that down for me! It puts my mind at ease.Appreciate it ! Good luck to you too and we are all in this together

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Is there a way to know if you pass eligibility without calling IRCC? I don’t have any GU either.
You can send a webform or request your GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
what do you recommend? Calling, web form or GCMS notes? I haven’t done any of those mainly cuz I’m scared of bothering anyone, and thinking that it might interfiere with the process.
None of these interference in the process. GCMS is too early, instead go for webform or calling IRCC.

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
I can't remember the phone number I had given in my ITA application. Is there anyway to find out? When I click on submitted application, it's just stuff I've uploaded. I'm freaking out because when I called to check if my passed my eligibility by an officer, the lady on the other had said she could not recognise my cell no. Thank you in advance.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
For example, I'm an Inland CEC. That means I had 1+ years of experience on my work permit and maybe done some Canadian Education which started 3 +years ago. That situation puts me into the position that I never had to give my Biometrics for Immigration purposes (Canada). Cause even though Biometrics for Visitors, Students and Work visas/permits started in 2018 for foreigners, it only started at the end of 2019 for those who are inside Canada.
Since March 2020 (when Bio.Collection stopped), Canada issued +/-55,000 ITAs. Out of those 34,215 CECs. Even if we say that only 40% of those 55k ITA inland applicants, it will be +/- 22,000 applicants. Some of us have spouses and partners (another person for Biometrics).
The good news is, even though our sample of 384 people out of nearly an estimated 22,000 inland applicants is very small and prone to a mistake, we can cautiously say that around 30% already done Biometrics in the past, that is whooping +/-7,000.
For the rest of us (+/-15,000) - Good Luck, and let's hope that with clear instructions now who have to do Biometrics and who is not, IRCC and Service Canada will up its game and start calling people in Ontario.
Hi Everyone,
Someone in the Telegram group asked the Service Canada agent, how many Inland Applicants awaiting Biometrics. The answer was higher than predicted, it is 25,000 (as per agent reply).
I don't know if this includes the candidates with previous Biometrics or not.
Just hope that the information available for the Service Canada agent was old (few days old) and in reality, it's at least 30% less.
Nonetheless, it's promising to be a quite long waiting time.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Hey Guys, I submitted a webform on 10th of Sep to know the progress of my application, however, I haven't heard back yet. I am just wondering how many days does it take to get the reply these days?
Got back the reply,

• The eligibility verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Its gonna take a while I guess to get PPR.