+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

thestarisborn

Jan 28, 2021
Fo some applications security screening takes longer and it is not IRCC that does security screening, instead it is CBSA / CSIS and other partners.
@legalfalcon Does it mean that security screening between three bodies are in addition to background check. when IRCC Agents say all stages are passed but still it takes longer time to take a final confirmation, Does this process happen behind which is not disclosed to applicants? Agent told all stages passed back in Nov, but still we are waiting to hear from IRCC. Any idea, whats holding up in sending out a confirmation ? Thank you.

Last edited:

thestarisborn

Jan 28, 2021
Does your passport expire then? They renewed my hubby's open work permit 2 days ago and it expires in November when his passport expires.
Hi All,

Been eagerly waiting as well for PR (AOR 17 June 2020 CEC Inland), however I applied for my work permit extension on Jan 28, 2021 as per new public policy. Yesterday morning had a ghost update, and this morning I see my permit got approved for 1 year. @legalfalcon I believe as per new policy it should be 18 months, but I was approved only for 1 year. It looks like I have been granted BOWP. Any insights on this? I am surprised that they processed work permit in just 22 days but didn’t move PR application which is stuck at security.
Cheers!
hi .. It so happened for me as well - CEC Inland, with 17 June 2020 AOR. Per IRCC, all stages were passed back in Nov 2020 and still waiting for final confirmation from Etobicoke office. Recently filed BOWP and received the permit approved till May 24 in next two days. After a week, had GU in application and permit extended till Feb 2022, which is exactly one year from the day when GU happened. Unsure, why they extended the permit for next one year without progressing on PR application. Can you please share details about the new public policy, do you know if we can travel outisde canada in case of any family urgency? looks like we are struck inside canada until the final decision is made.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, I'm CEC Outland, AOR June 18. Medical and Eligibility already passed. My profile is now going through criminality with Security not yet started.
I understand that there are travel restrictions in place until April 21. For those of us outside Canada, godwilling, who get approval, will IRCC be directly contacting us on a case by case basis, or how will this play out? I cannot seem to find any information on those who get approval, except for those before March 18th, 2020.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Does it mean that security screening between three bodies are in addition to background check. when IRCC Agents say all stages are passed but still it takes longer time to take a final confirmation, Does this process happen behind which is not disclosed to applicants? Agent told all stages passed back in Nov, but still we are waiting to hear from IRCC. Any idea, whats holding up in sending out a confirmation ? Thank you.

The BGC refers to criminality and security. This is why the BGC status changes twice on your MyCIC account during the processing of the application.

However, security will only initiate after eligibility is passed for most applicants. To see how the notes look like after eligibility see #4,004

To read on security and BGC see https://bit.ly/2JPCk2g

If your security is passed, then most likely your application is on hold like many others due to travel restrictions.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. Ask the agent specifically about each stage rather than just background checks

Reactions: thestarisborn

tej2021

Feb 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-06-2020
Med's Done....
06-08-2020
hi .. It so happened for me as well - CEC Inland, with 17 June 2020 AOR. Per IRCC, all stages were passed back in Nov 2020 and still waiting for final confirmation from Etobicoke office. Recently filed BOWP and received the permit approved till May 24 in next two days. After a week, had GU in application and permit extended till Feb 2022, which is exactly one year from the day when GU happened. Unsure, why they extended the permit for next one year without progressing on PR application. Can you please share details about the new public policy, do you know if we can travel outisde canada in case of any family urgency? looks like we are struck inside canada until the final decision is made.
You are good to travel with your valid visa status(TRV & BOWP) while your PR is being processed. The public policy is for those whose PGWP expired or expiring very soon are given an opportunity to apply for an open work permit. Due to pandemic there were layoffs, this is favourable for those who couldn’t gather enough Canadian work experience for them to apply under CEC. This policy would enable candidates to find a job and gather experience to apply for PR.
Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Last edited:
Reactions: thestarisborn

yykks

Dec 10, 2020
Hi,Legalfelcon,@legalfalcon could you please help address my two concerns
1- I learned from call center agent that all my stages passed in Dec 2020 but nothing updated till now, i am a EEPNP outland applicant, AOR in June, would that be the cause we have to keep waiting...? i already received work permit should i get onboard Canada now, would that be helpful to facilitate CoPR issued?

2-does "Criminality passed" also mean "information sharing" completed? as when i checked the call agent, he didn't mention anything about information sharing,

thank you very much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,Legalfelcon,@legalfalcon could you please help address my two concerns
1- I learned from call center agent that all my stages passed in Dec 2020 but nothing updated till now, i am a EEPNP outland applicant, AOR in June, would that be the cause we have to keep waiting...? i already received work permit should i get onboard Canada now, would that be helpful to facilitate CoPR issued?

2-does "Criminality passed" also mean "information sharing" completed? as when i checked the call agent, he didn't mention anything about information sharing,

thank you very much.

1. There are many applicants whose applications have all stages passed, and are still pending a final decision. If you have a TRV, then you can travel to Canada if you are exempt from travel restrictions, and change your address once you are in Canda.

2. Criminality and info-sharing are separate.

Jaynimz

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Have you received your open work permit yet ?
so i checked my gcms, and i also have my file assigned to this officer.. called on friday and no movement since october. seems the officer overdosed on melatonin and been sleeping on our files..

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys! Has any FSW applicant from US received their COPR recently?
My AOR is June 2nd and two weeks ago when my first call to the agent went through, he said my security hasn't started yet but criminality passed.

I couldn't ask if I was recommended pass or absolute pass as I did not know its something to ask.

Any idea how long could it possibly take? I live on a visa already and its expiring pretty soon. I have no idea whether to renew my lease or not.
It has gotten really tough.
If someone has any insight or has gone through similar situation. Please respond. Thank you!

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hey guys! Has any FSW applicant from US received their COPR recently?
My AOR is June 2nd and two weeks ago when my first call to the agent went through, he said my security hasn't started yet but criminality passed.

I couldn't ask if I was recommended pass or absolute pass as I did not know its something to ask.

Any idea how long could it possibly take? I live on a visa already and its expiring pretty soon. I have no idea whether to renew my lease or not.
It has gotten really tough.
If someone has any insight or has gone through similar situation. Please respond. Thank you!
not any time soon....I am inland fsw still waiting. don't think all June CEC is approved and you're anytime soon even I have the same hope. I suggest you renew your visa in the states.