+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Yes. Your file probably has not been picked by an officer who can pretty much make you pass all the stages at her/his discretion. The security check is weird because it takes several months for some folks to pass while weirdos like me clear it within hours. What's not reassuring to me is the wait after the final decision.

I would rather have my COPR with me now and wait for 4-5 months to get my PR card than wait 2 months after the final decision just to get an eCOPR and then a few days for my PR card. I plan to apply for citizenship in the future and these wasted days could really make a difference.
I agree with your point on waiting for so long after the final decision. Although, the following things are not very clear to me, probably someone here may know :) :

1. Is approval meant receiving a CoPR? if that is the case then most of the people are still waiting for an approval.
2. I have seen that few people received email for portal registration in few weeks after a final decision and some others are waiting for months. Also not sure why it is taking time to shoot out some simple email.
3. Looks like this eCoPR thing is only applicable to GTA people ??

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I agree with your point on waiting for so long after the final decision. Although, the following things are not very clear to me, probably someone here may know :) :

1. Is approval meant receiving a CoPR? if that is the case then most of the people are still waiting for an approval.
2. I have seen that few people received email for portal registration in few weeks after a final decision and some others are waiting for months. Also not sure why it is taking time to shoot out some simple email.
3. Looks like this eCoPR thing is only applicable to GTA people ??
Following are the answers to your questions:

1. No. Approval means just that. There is literally no chance of refusal after this. You pass all the stages and an officer finally reviews everything before approving or rejecting your application. Based on what I read on this forum, a COPR document is usually put in the queue right after the approval. Prior to COVID, PPR was issued around this time. As for waiting for approval, these applicants have passed all the stages (Criminality, Eligibility, and Security) but they are still waiting for the final review by an officer to make a decision, which in most cases will be an approval.
2. Yes, the lack of consistency is baffling. There are people who get this within hours while others wait for a few weeks. It's like they don't have any service standards anymore and they want to blame everything on COVID. The pandemic started last year for the sake of goodness. If a private entity were this incompetent, it would be out of business. Hell, I would get fired from my current job if I ran my department like IRCC.
3. Not really. The portal is being leveraged by some IRCC visa offices now. If my memory serves right, IRCC Edmonton is using this portal but there have been complaints of slowness on their end too.

mysee

Nov 15, 2019
I heard from unconfirmed sources that all previous rejects go to Montreal office. Did you have any past rejection?
Yes this could be the reason then I guess. Yes last year my file was rejected as one of my experience letter didn’t include how many hours I worked and they weren’t able to determine if it was internship or permanent job. Do you think the process is slower for Montreal files ? Have you heard anything in this regard ? Really appreciate your help

annu81

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
I got my COPR yesterday, bit of a different process from what I've read in this forum. I got a call from the Kitchener IRCC – PR Card Photos office and the agent asked me a few questions like when did I first land in Canada and to confirm my address. He then issued my COPR letter through the CIC portal and requested I mail a photo with the letter to the Kitchener office for my PR card.

Is this normal?
Congratulations! do you live in GTA ? Most of the GTAs applicants are getting COPR through Etobicoke, and they are following process of Portal confirmation.

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I was met with errors when trying to log into my profile today. Finally managed to log in successfully to see that my application has been approved today! :D

No CoPR letter yet, only CoPR document number listed under a new section of my profile titled "Document Status". Can anyone advise me on what to expect next? Is the next step to wait for CoPR letter itself to come through or an email regarding the virtual landing portal first? Thank you for any information!

CEC Inland
AOR: June 24
Final Decision: January 7

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Almost 7 months in processing, CEC inland everything still in review (eligibility, security and criminality) , anyone else in the same boat?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I was met with errors when trying to log into my profile today. Finally managed to log in successfully to see that my application has been approved today! :D

No CoPR letter yet, only CoPR document number listed under a new section of my profile titled "Document Status". Can anyone advise me on what to expect next? Is the next step to wait for CoPR letter itself to come through or an email regarding the virtual landing portal first? Thank you for any information!

CEC Inland
AOR: June 24
Final Decision: January 7
Congratulations! Wait is finally over for you . The next steps depends on your LVO. if it is Etobicoke or Edmonton then may be an email for virtual landing will follow else it will CoPR and the normal PR card flow.

Last edited:
Reactions: alissanb

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Following are the answers to your questions:

1. No. Approval means just that. There is literally no chance of refusal after this. You pass all the stages and an officer finally reviews everything before approving or rejecting your application. Based on what I read on this forum, a COPR document is usually put in the queue right after the approval. Prior to COVID, PPR was issued around this time. As for waiting for approval, these applicants have passed all the stages (Criminality, Eligibility, and Security) but they are still waiting for the final review by an officer to make a decision, which in most cases will be an approval.
2. Yes, the lack of consistency is baffling. There are people who get this within hours while others wait for a few weeks. It's like they don't have any service standards anymore and they want to blame everything on COVID. The pandemic started last year for the sake of goodness. If a private entity were this incompetent, it would be out of business. Hell, I would get fired from my current job if I ran my department like IRCC.
3. Not really. The portal is being leveraged by some IRCC visa offices now. If my memory serves right, IRCC Edmonton is using this portal but there have been complaints of slowness on their end too.
Thanks a lot. it clarifies my doubts. Thanks again!!!!

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Congratulations! Wait is finally over for you . The next steps depends on your LVO. if it is Etobicoke or Edmonton then may be an email for virtual landing will follow else it will CoPR and the normal PR card flow.
Thank you for this! I called IRCC earlier last month and an agent said my VO was Ottawa. But I'm not sure if that's my local VO? I guess time will tell.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for this! I called IRCC earlier last month and an agent said my VO was Ottawa. But I'm not sure if that's my local VO? I guess time will tell.
local VO is usually the closest to your city of residence. Since you got an approval in your IRCC account, wait for the COPR to be uploaded to your account / email or could be both. You’ll be asked to submit photos via mail afterwards. Those getting the PR confirmation portal email won’t see any decision in their IRCC account until an officer has reviewed their address and photos uploaded in the PR confirmation portal.

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
local VO is usually the closest to your city of residence. Since you got an approval in your IRCC account, wait for the COPR to be uploaded to your account / email or could be both. You’ll be asked to submit photos via mail afterwards. Those getting the PR confirmation portal email won’t see any decision in their IRCC account until an officer has reviewed their address and photos uploaded in the PR confirmation portal.
Thank you for explaining this!

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Yes. Your file probably has not been picked by an officer who can pretty much make you pass all the stages at her/his discretion. The security check is weird because it takes several months for some folks to pass while weirdos like me clear it within hours. What's not reassuring to me is the wait after the final decision.

I would rather have my COPR with me now and wait for 4-5 months to get my PR card than wait 2 months after the final decision just to get an eCOPR and then a few days for my PR card. I plan to apply for citizenship in the future and these wasted days could really make a difference.
Did you order GCMS notes? I'm curious to know if security was passed a few hours after eligibility, or if it was "pre-processed" in the background for a while but simply updated (passed) at the same time.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Is it really connected to your city of residence? That's good to know if true.

toward the ocean

Mar 4, 2017
What was the response though? Is Security not started, valid, etc. The other option is to request Gcms Notes from IRCC and/or CBSA
The response was that my "application is undergoing background checks", nothing else.

By the way, could you, please, tell me what is the difference between GCMS notes and CBSA?

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Is it really connected to your city of residence? That's good to know if true.
This is just based on what I understand from the responses that people give. E.g., GVA residents receive their COPR from Vancouver VO, GTA applicants from Etobicoke VO.

Reactions: shashi_b