+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 TRV Timelines

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Thank you. I don't remember when the status changed to "being reviewed". Can I expect my result coming within next week as it will be the deadline of the processing time? And by the way I submitted some documents to prove that I have ties to where I am living and my friend sent me an invitation letter to prove my purpose of travel.
When review starts, you dont get any email. When you login to gckey, it shows application updated.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you. I don't remember when the status changed to "being reviewed". Can I expect my result coming within next week as it will be the deadline of the processing time? And by the way I submitted some documents to prove that I have ties to where I am living and my friend sent me an invitation letter to prove my purpose of travel.
Not necessarily. No one can tell you when decision will be made. It might be this week, next week or even next months. It depends on the individual applicant and their profile (how complex or simple their case is). Also remember that processing time is just and approximate and it does not include the time to process biometrics and the time to send applications from VAC to the VO and back to VAC. Most people start counting from when their biometrics was received by IRCC (that's when you'd see changes in your application like reviewing eligibility/background).

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Not necessarily. No one can tell you when decision will be made. It might be this week, next week or even next months. It depends on the individual applicant and their profile (how complex or simple their case is). Also remember that processing time is just and approximate and it does not include the time to process biometrics and the time to send applications from VAC to the VO and back to VAC. Most people start counting from when their biometrics was received by IRCC (that's when you'd see changes in your application like reviewing eligibility/background).
I see. Thank you very much for your reply!

bosskl93

Jun 23, 2019
Timeline for TRV (visitor) from Malaysia - paper application through VFS Malaysia / eligible under CAN+ program and VFS agent made a special note and stuck CAN+ sticker into my file.

Date lodged: 17/06/2019
Biometrics done: 17/06/2019
Original passport + expired passport submitted: 17/06/2019
IRCC application linked online: 17/06/2019

VFS tracking site (as of today): Application has been received at IRCC office and under processing from 18/06/2019
IRCC website updates: Nothing has been changed since the day I linked my application. Just says “submitted”.

I understand the standard processing time is 12 days for applicants from Malaysia. I am well under the processing time but my concern is there are no updates on IRCC website. I’m assuming they haven’t started reviewing my eligibility either as it says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". I haven't got any messages yet.

Is this normal? Appreciate your advices.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Timeline for TRV (visitor) from Malaysia - paper application through VFS Malaysia / eligible under CAN+ program and VFS agent made a special note and stuck CAN+ sticker into my file.

Date lodged: 17/06/2019
Biometrics done: 17/06/2019
Original passport + expired passport submitted: 17/06/2019
IRCC application linked online: 17/06/2019

VFS tracking site (as of today): Application has been received at IRCC office and under processing from 18/06/2019
IRCC website updates: Nothing has been changed since the day I linked my application. Just says “submitted”.

I understand the standard processing time is 12 days for applicants from Malaysia. I am well under the processing time but my concern is there are no updates on IRCC website. I’m assuming they haven’t started reviewing my eligibility either as it says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". I haven't got any messages yet.

Is this normal? Appreciate your advices.
What can you see under "Details about your application status"?

bosskl93

Jun 23, 2019
What can you see under "Details about your application status"?
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Details about your application status:

1. Review of eligibility -> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

2. Review of medical results -> You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

3. Review of additional documents -> We do not need additional documents.

4. Interview -> You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5. Biometrics -> We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

6. Background check -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

7. Final decision -> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Details about your application status:

1. Review of eligibility -> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

2. Review of medical results -> You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

3. Review of additional documents -> We do not need additional documents.

4. Interview -> You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5. Biometrics -> We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

6. Background check -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

7. Final decision -> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It seems that eligibility has not been reviewed yet. You can take a close look at number 1 from now on. I believe it will become "we are reviewing your eligibility" soon as mine.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Anyone from India applied for TRV using paper application?

My father submitted it on 14th June. Online status says, we are processing your application. Considering 12 days timeline in India I was expecting atleast eligibility review to start.

When will status change approx?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,

Anyone from India applied for TRV using paper application?

My father submitted it on 14th June. Online status says, we are processing your application. Considering 12 days timeline in India I was expecting atleast eligibility review to start.

When will status change approx?
Has his biometrics been received and updated?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes he did his biometrics at the VAC office when he submitted his application. But have the biometrics been received by the VO? (it should show in his account)
Yes, it shows Biometrics & application received on 17-June.

Jotkau

Jun 24, 2019
Hello,
I want to apply visitor visa for my parents from inside Canada. Can i do that?, and my father is govt employee and my mother is a homemaker so which document require for this visa. And what information I have to provide in my invitation letter.