+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

gelo30

Jul 11, 2019
I assume that they will resend the PPR soon, but you might ask the MPs office to send a copy of the original PPR directly to the MP. (Note that the original letter might not be valid at this point as it usually specifies a 30-day period in which you must submit the passports - so the point here is to confirm that they did actually prepare and send.)

I'd also suggest that you order the GCMS notes. If I'm not mistaken, the GCMS notes should also contain information on when - and also how - they sent the original PPR.

This might be useful information for others to complain and raise issues with IRCC - because there is something up with this, either the normal procedures were not followed, or there was a system glitch, or someone is being untruthful or mistaken about the PPR letter being sent.

Another data point: when we received our PPR, we got by email the notification to check GCkey account (you have correspondence in your account) and the direct email with PPR attached from the visa office within a minute or two of each other.

This suggests to me that both these emails are generated by the system and sent automatically, or close to automatically, with the same person involved. (Note, other explanations are possible, like the mail system they use sends emails only at a certain time of day, even if unlikely, or some combination of similar oprational steps).

At any rate: my point is - it's NOT like these are just letters typed up by hand and someone can forget to keep a copy and leave it on their desk where it gets misplaced. They're formally registered and part of the case management process. Even if both emails got lost in the etherspace (not delivered to you), it would still have to be recorded in GCSM and should have appeared automatically in your gckey account.

Right now the informal rules/guidance are that MPs should not check and bother the system before some period of time - but that's based on the system not having documents just disappear or system glitches holding things up. (And if someone has been untruthful to your MP, that's something any Minister's office takes very, very seriously). If the system can't be relied upon, applicants have a good reason to check with MPs offices earlier and confirm what's going on.

In your case potentially more serious as acc to the PPR letter, if you don't submit passports within 30 days, they can theoretically close the application and consider it abandoned.

So it may be helpful to others if you can dig some.
Yes, something really isn’t right, right when ECAS changed to DM, and nothing is happening to gckey. I don’t know if our gckey was affected by the recent cyberattack that shows in the gckey page? But really we haven’t got any update there even after we gave biometrics. We’ll keep you guys posted when we receive reply from the webform. I’ll also call my MP again this Monday.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, something really isn’t right, right when ECAS changed to DM, and nothing is happening to gckey. I don’t know if our gckey was affected by the recent cyberattack that shows in the gckey page? But really we haven’t got any update there even after we gave biometrics. We’ll keep you guys posted when we receive reply from the webform. I’ll also call my MP again this Monday.
I just note one quasi-correction - for whatever reason, gckey shows different information than ecas. It seems pretty common that gckey does not show any status change when ecas does. (Whether that makes sense is a different point, but it's "normal")

A side note: have you received any correspondence through gckey? We have received all important correspondence through gckey after the file was transferred to regional VO.

But even that is an important point to raise with MPs and IRCC - the lack of consistency. Of course there are some differences from office to office due to regional/country specifics. But the lack of consistency also means that applicants can't get useful information from the systems that are designed to do so.

BUT: you should definitely have received the correspondence in gckey i.e. the PPR letter should have been copied to you in gckey. That's the whole point (it seems to me fair to say) is that important correspondence can't disappear into a junk mail folder or whatever. (And if your VO doesn't use gckey - why not?)

gelo30

Jul 11, 2019
I just note one quasi-correction - for whatever reason, gckey shows different information than ecas. It seems pretty common that gckey does not show any status change when ecas does. (Whether that makes sense is a different point, but it's "normal")

A side note: have you received any correspondence through gckey? We have received all important correspondence through gckey after the file was transferred to regional VO.

But even that is an important point to raise with MPs and IRCC - the lack of consistency. Of course there are some differences from office to office due to regional/country specifics. But the lack of consistency also means that applicants can't get useful information from the systems that are designed to do so.

BUT: you should definitely have received the correspondence in gckey i.e. the PPR letter should have been copied to you in gckey. That's the whole point (it seems to me fair to say) is that important correspondence can't disappear into a junk mail folder or whatever. (And if your VO doesn't use gckey - why not?)
this all makes sense. Only message we received in gckey is when we linked it with our account, and a webform confirmation when I inquired when we were already past 1year processing. I think this might be a visa office difference. Because when they asked for biometrics they emailed my wife directly and not from gckey.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
this all makes sense. Only message we received in gckey is when we linked it with our account, and a webform confirmation when I inquired when we were already past 1year processing. I think this might be a visa office difference. Because when they asked for biometrics they emailed my wife directly and not from gckey.
There do seem to be visa office differences, which is understandable - BUT I can't see any good reason that they would not use gckey to deliver notifications for important correspondence like this. (Or better, use both - send email AND copy to gckey).

For info, all correspondence we received direct through email (no gckey copies) - including biometric and medical requests, etc - until our file got the AOR2 notification from visa office that they had received and started processing. After that, every formal notification was through gckey (and through email as well, I'd have to check).

I think that makes sense as it means that at least the applicant/sponsor/representative can check for themselves and not be at risk of something being lost in the internet.

Indian_Soil

Apr 12, 2019
Any june applicant receive update from ndvo?
I called NDVO today and to my surprise they are in operation. There was an actual person talking to me on the call.

She said that , the visa office recently resumed the operations but with limited staff.
The replays/ results will take time.

Reactions: rrss13

gillgirl1981

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
I called NDVO today and to my surprise they are in operation. There was an actual person talking to me on the call.

She said that , the visa office recently resumed the operations but with limited staff.
The replays/ results will take time.
Well i believe NDVO has been in operations partially since July.. its the VACs that need to open! Thats when we will see movement.. anyone waiting for ppr this will be the thing we need to bank om.. anyone prior to this point will benefit from NDVO to open and have full or partial staff.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Well i believe NDVO has been in operations partially since July.. its the VACs that need to open! Thats when we will see movement.. anyone waiting for ppr this will be the thing we need to bank om.. anyone prior to this point will benefit from NDVO to open and have full or partial staff.
the executive said that they are working but didn't say anything else.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Hello June 2019 Applicants who are still waiting Dm, Have you Apply TRV for your spouse to visit since travel Exempt Immediately for Family members. what is chance for getting? since border is closed? Please share with your recently experience with IRCC

@preet

Jul 1, 2020
Hello June 2019 Applicants who are still waiting Dm, Have you Apply TRV for your spouse to visit since travel Exempt Immediately for Family members. what is chance for getting? since border is closed? Please share with your recently experience with IRCC
I am also june 2019 applicant .still waiting DM office NDVO . no update last 6 months

Indian_Soil

Apr 12, 2019
No Medicals and no updates...I’m so sick and tired
Got this reply today:

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that at this stage, we are not able to provide you with any further information regarding your application. Once next steps on your file are determined, our office will contact you.

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Received my PPR today! Here's the timeline

Spousal sponsorship QUEBEC from USA
Application received CPC Sydney: JUN 2019
AOR1: AUG 2019
Biometrics: AUG 2019
AOR2: AUG 2019 from CPC Mississauga (CPC-M)
Medical: NOV 2019
CSQ Request Letter: DEC 2019
CSQ Submitted: DEC 2019
CSQ AR: FEB 2020
CSQ Approved: JUL 2020
PPR: SEP 2020

Brendan92

Feb 28, 2020
Received my PPR today! Here's the timeline

Spousal sponsorship QUEBEC from USA
Application received CPC Sydney: JUN 2019
AOR1: AUG 2019
Biometrics: AUG 2019
AOR2: AUG 2019 from CPC Mississauga (CPC-M)
Medical: NOV 2019
CSQ Request Letter: DEC 2019
CSQ Submitted: DEC 2019
CSQ AR: FEB 2020
CSQ Approved: JUL 2020
PPR: SEP 2020
Congratulations!