+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Indian_Soil

Apr 12, 2019
Yea i just saw this absolutely devastating news this morning! I am so sick of this Pandemic and its ruining my life.. I am sick of always having ppl tell me well at least we are all healthy and safe.. well thats wonderful but i dont have my husband here and the VACs are giving us no hope that thry will open soon! I am so sick of their excuses month after month.. Its been 6 months now!! Give me freakin break!!
I am also waiting. Everytime I email NDVO , they reply saying "we are working on your application".
They don't understand that our partners need us in this stressful time.
They are wasting our Golden Period.

Reactions: singleman

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I’m assuming a lot of you still waiting are NDVO? It’s unfortunate, but I’m not surprised their office would still be closed. India is top three in the world for most Covid 19 cases and getting worse everyday. Their numbers have grown dramatically. Over 81 000 cases alone today, they’ve topped four million. Only Brazil and the USA ahead of them.

I’m concerned if that continues it’ll be a long time before the office opens with some sense of normal operation again.

Reactions: Sana79

jupindersomal

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I am also waiting. Everytime I email NDVO , they reply saying "we are working on your application".
They don't understand that our partners need us in this stressful time.
They are wasting our Golden Period.
they are giving generic replies, so far no reply to webforms raised 3 months ago they are processing spouse work permits, its gonna be almost 2 months since pre arrivals.
i was checking on spreadsheet average time after pre arrivals to DM is of 30-45 days in pre covid times.

mike2941

Sep 8, 2020
Category........
Other
June 19 2019 NDVO VO
Still waiting for prearrival and dm
No updates, no response from webforms.

mike2941

Sep 8, 2020
Category........
Other
June 19 2019 applicant
Started processing Sept 5 2019
Biometrics and Medical request sent to us Oct 2 2019
completed Biometrics Oct 7 2019
completed medical Oct 11 2019
File transfered to New Delhi Visa office Nov 1 2019
NDVO started processing Nov 13 2019
Pre Arrival sent July 30 2020
any updates or DM after that?

gelo30

Jul 11, 2019
Hi everyone here’s our timeline:

App received: June 13
Aor1: Aug 1
SA: Aug 12
Pretoria VO: Aug 19
Aor2: Aug 22
MR: Nov 16
MR received: Nov 29
Biometrics: Mar 9
Dm: August 11, 2020
DM seen through checking ECAS, we keep checking gckey but no mail or any changes, it only says still on process.
September 9, 2020 followed up with my MP and lo and behold, immigration already sent ppr letter August 6, 2020 but we did not receive anything, spam folder junk mail, nothing, gckey nothing, still says on process.
September 10, 2020 asked the MP to ask immigration to please resend the ppr letter, they said okay they will but they can’t give a timeline as to when they can resend. Like come on, is it that difficult to resend an email?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone here’s our timeline:

App received: June 13
Aor1: Aug 1
SA: Aug 12
Pretoria VO: Aug 19
Aor2: Aug 22
MR: Nov 16
MR received: Nov 29
Biometrics: Mar 9
Dm: August 11, 2020
DM seen through checking ECAS, we keep checking gckey but no mail or any changes, it only says still on process.
September 9, 2020 followed up with my MP and lo and behold, immigration already sent ppr letter August 6, 2020 but we did not receive anything, spam folder junk mail, nothing, gckey nothing, still says on process.
September 10, 2020 asked the MP to ask immigration to please resend the ppr letter, they said okay they will but they can’t give a timeline as to when they can resend. Like come on, is it that difficult to resend an email?
The ppr letter should have also shown up in gckey correspondence. I'd say it does not sound truthful that the letter was sent.

gelo30

Jul 11, 2019
The ppr letter should have also shown up in gckey correspondence. I'd say it does not sound truthful that the letter was sent.
Right? But gckey is still showing as processing and no message at all while ECAS have been DM since last month. But according to the MP, immigration already initiated the ppr. We’ve already ask the MP to ask them to resend the ppr and I also sent a webform and told them we didn’t receive any ppr mail.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I’m assuming a lot of you still waiting are NDVO? It’s unfortunate, but I’m not surprised their office would still be closed. India is top three in the world for most Covid 19 cases and getting worse everyday. Their numbers have grown dramatically. Over 81 000 cases alone today, they’ve topped four million. Only Brazil and the USA ahead of them.

I’m concerned if that continues it’ll be a long time before the office opens with some sense of normal operation again.
Now India is 2nd from TOP :( 4,657,379 SEP11

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Right? But gckey is still showing as processing and no message at all while ECAS have been DM since last month. But according to the MP, immigration already initiated the ppr. We’ve already ask the MP to ask them to resend the ppr and I also sent a webform and told them we didn’t receive any ppr mail.
We recently got ppr through gckey and email directly (email notifying of correspondence in gckey and direct from visa office). Have you been getting other email from them?

But no other part of the gckey info page updated. (Do not have access to ecas so can't say when decision made)

But sounds dubious to me that it was sent properly if not also appearing in gckey.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
We recently got ppr through gckey and email directly (email notifying of correspondence in gckey and direct from visa office). Have you been getting other email from them?

But no other part of the gckey info page updated. (Do not have access to ecas so can't say when decision made)

But sounds dubious to me that it was sent properly if not also appearing in gckey.
I thought the same. My husband received both an email from visa office and his gckey notification email. Plus updated in gckey. Seems a bit off.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I assume that they will resend the PPR soon, but you might ask the MPs office to send a copy of the original PPR directly to the MP. (Note that the original letter might not be valid at this point as it usually specifies a 30-day period in which you must submit the passports - so the point here is to confirm that they did actually prepare and send.)

I'd also suggest that you order the GCMS notes. If I'm not mistaken, the GCMS notes should also contain information on when - and also how - they sent the original PPR.

This might be useful information for others to complain and raise issues with IRCC - because there is something up with this, either the normal procedures were not followed, or there was a system glitch, or someone is being untruthful or mistaken about the PPR letter being sent.

Another data point: when we received our PPR, we got by email the notification to check GCkey account (you have correspondence in your account) and the direct email with PPR attached from the visa office within a minute or two of each other.

This suggests to me that both these emails are generated by the system and sent automatically, or close to automatically, with the same person involved. (Note, other explanations are possible, like the mail system they use sends emails only at a certain time of day, even if unlikely, or some combination of similar oprational steps).

At any rate: my point is - it's NOT like these are just letters typed up by hand and someone can forget to keep a copy and leave it on their desk where it gets misplaced. They're formally registered and part of the case management process. Even if both emails got lost in the etherspace (not delivered to you), it would still have to be recorded in GCSM and should have appeared automatically in your gckey account.

Right now the informal rules/guidance are that MPs should not check and bother the system before some period of time - but that's based on the system not having documents just disappear or system glitches holding things up. (And if someone has been untruthful to your MP, that's something any Minister's office takes very, very seriously). If the system can't be relied upon, applicants have a good reason to check with MPs offices earlier and confirm what's going on.

In your case potentially more serious as acc to the PPR letter, if you don't submit passports within 30 days, they can theoretically close the application and consider it abandoned.

So it may be helpful to others if you can dig some.