Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
On my last few steps of submitting application. Need to clarify few concerns
1. When showing proof of our relationship such as engagement receipts, wedding receipts, honeymoon hotel bookings, my travel to india emails, proof of our joint bank account and other supporting receipts and documents- should I just put them as it is, or should I put in sticky notes mentioning what these proofs are for?
2. Do I need to submit photocopies of my husband’s educational documents such as 10th nd 12th and his diploma certificates?
3. For his passport copies, does entry and exit stamps for his travel needs to be submitted too?
4. And for his assets and balance certificates from bank and other property related documents, need to be submitted too?

Thanks

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
On my last few steps of submitting application. Need to clarify few concerns
1. When showing proof of our relationship such as engagement receipts, wedding receipts, honeymoon hotel bookings, my travel to india emails, proof of our joint bank account and other supporting receipts and documents- should I just put them as it is, or should I put in sticky notes mentioning what these proofs are for?
2. Do I need to submit photocopies of my husband’s educational documents such as 10th nd 12th and his diploma certificates?
3. For his passport copies, does entry and exit stamps for his travel needs to be submitted too?
4. And for his assets and balance certificates from bank and other property related documents, need to be submitted too?

Thanks
1. Yeah just put a title of what the proof is
2. Only if his birth certificate is registered late is when you need to submit school and college certificates. Check country specific requirements. It mentions this.
3. Only the bio pages if he stays in his country of nationality and never been to Canada. All Entry stamp pages of Canada if he has ever visited on any passport he previously owned or currently owns. If he does not live in his country of nationality then copy of status in that country (visas)
4. Where is this requirement asked for PA?

Plynn

Jan 17, 2019
Hi there,

You should try to call the courier as you might have to pay duty/custom fee. I made the same mistake. I put my paperwork's value down as £50. It got stuck at depot in Canada for 10 days. I finally managed to call the depot in Canada and they said that they could not send it out for delivery because of an outstanding custom fee (as I stupidly put down the value as £50). So maybe try that. As mine is delivered literally a day after I paid the custom fee.
Thanks. I just used the traditional French post office before learning that they don't track once it arrives in canada. :( I've contacted both French post and Canada post and neither of them knows where it is. They both say that the only way to know whether or not it's been received or not is to contact CIC and obviously CIC doesn't respond. So that's fun.

Moral of the story: Use Fedex or another courrier service that tracks within it's own system and don't use national postal services.

I was so mad because I paid an extremely high cost for international certified tracking service (they have to sign when the application arrives), only to find out that the international tracking doesn't technically exist in their system.

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
I know I am asking again, but couldn’t find post regarding this! Sorry!!
Is it important to sign with only black pen? I know one form says additional family form says type or print kn black!
Is it important to sign all forms in black oen

dtenchavez

Star Member
May 20, 2019
App. Filed.......
June 21
I know I am asking again, but couldn’t find post regarding this! Sorry!!
Is it important to sign with only black pen? I know one form says additional family form says type or print kn black!
Is it important to sign all forms in black oen
I think so. It’s written in there. If you were to sign them using a pen, you can only do the Additional Family Info, Proof of Relationship and the Checklist as those do not need to get validated.

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
I think so. It’s written in there. If you were to sign them using a pen, you can only do the Additional Family Info, Proof of Relationship and the Checklist as those do not need to get validated.
No I mean, do I or my PA need to sign it with just black pen? Or blue pen will be ok too?

dtenchavez

Star Member
May 20, 2019
App. Filed.......
June 21
Did you put your employment letter in an envelope?
Also, for Police Certificate there are two boxes. I've only lived in one country my whole life, which box do I check? Both?

Last edited:

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Did you put your employment letter in an envelope?
Also, for Police Certificate there are two boxes. I've only lived in one country my whole life, which box do I check? Both?
I don't think we should be adding envelopes. Attaching it just like any other document would work. I used a paper clip to attach it along with Notice Of assessment

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Guys I found out that I have not written NA on SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS on Point 3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD(REN).
What to do next?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Guys I found out that I have not written NA on SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS on Point 3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD(REN).
What to do next?
I don't think there is anything to worry about. There are several other places where you must have declared No children for either of you. I have not heard of any applications being returned because of not writing NA.

Reactions: resu

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
I don't think there is anything to worry about. There are several other places where you must have declared No children for either of you. I have not heard of any applications being returned because of not writing NA.
That's a relief if they don't return for NA. If they do which I hope they don't, I will loose many more days.:(

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Sorry to say but it has unfortunately happened many a times where applications have been returned due to this. The CIC guide video on their website clearly says to write Not Applicable otherwise there is no way to tell if an applicant missed reading a section or it just doesn’t apply to them.
That's a relief if they don't return for NA. If they do which I hope they don't, I will loose many more days.:(
Not trying to scare you but this is something that is grounds for incomplete application (even if it was not incomplete). You’ll be fine if ur officer let’s go of this. That form is very important for declaring family members and if the officer feels that you have failed to declare by missing to write N/A, its within their jurisdiction to return the application. People on that same form have had their applications returned for missing postal code or Country name, failing to write N/A on something as small as email addresses so failure to write N/A on an entire section would be deemed quite serious. Hope you get away with this mistake.